Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CP Dating Game

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously! attitudes get us nowhere...even though this is"just a msgboard" we can still express out concerns/opinions somewhat politely...Fluid put a lot of time/thought into this, and yes, we would have had to pay some, but i personally think the idea of having a private room/floor was way better than trying to snag seats for a lot of us in a bar...if there is a way to get a space in a bar for CPers to hang, then that would be great, but hmmm...i would have to guess we would still have to pay SOMETHING for the space...this way we had a dj, space, etc...yes, i know lots of you are not crazy about the SF, and yes, coming from FL the cover was a bit steep to me too, but it was an IDEA...maybe suggestions to amend that idea, or feedback would have been better instead of just criticism? also, the idea of just canceling is a bit of a copout...there are a lot of people on this board interested in doing this, so it would be sad if we could not work together and make it happen...this is a FORUM...a msgboard...and suggestions are always more helpful than negativity...i am NOT attacking spragga, Fluid, quoth, or anyone in particular, so not starting a storm of heated replies, k? :) just commenting that it would be nice if we worked TOGETHER on things instead of tearing them down sometimes...

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

seriously! attitudes get us nowhere...even though this is"just a msgboard" we can still express out concerns/opinions somewhat politely...Fluid put a lot of time/thought into this, and yes, we would have had to pay some, but i personally think the idea of having a private room/floor was way better than trying to snag seats for a lot of us in a bar...if there is a way to get a space in a bar for CPers to hang, then that would be great, but hmmm...i would have to guess we would still have to pay SOMETHING for the space...this way we had a dj, space, etc...yes, i know lots of you are not crazy about the SF, and yes, coming from FL the cover was a bit steep to me too, but it was an IDEA...maybe suggestions to amend that idea, or feedback would have been better instead of just criticism? also, the idea of just canceling is a bit of a copout...there are a lot of people on this board interested in doing this, so it would be sad if we could not work together and make it happen...this is a FORUM...a msgboard...and suggestions are always more helpful than negativity...i am NOT attacking spragga, Fluid, quoth, or anyone in particular, so not starting a storm of heated replies, k? :) just commenting that it would be nice if we worked TOGETHER on things instead of tearing them down sometimes...

Again...I only expressed my OPINION - and I had no attitude until he started to whine and "try" to put me down...So far I'm the only one that said I wasn't going - one out of 60+...odds are in your favor to still do it at SF...don't let me stop you guys...for the 1,000,000 time - I have no clout.

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

...i am NOT attacking SPRAGGA, Fluid, quoth, or anyone in particular, so not starting a storm of heated replies, k? :) just commenting that it would be nice if we worked TOGETHER on things instead of tearing them down sometimes...

did you read this part? i didn't knock your opinion...i just said we ALL could benefit from suggesting and working together instead of just dismissing the idea...easy, tiger - :)

so, does anyone have any ideas on how to make this event work somehow, somewhere? teklord, any ideas for location?

I'm trying to find a venue which we can use, maybe a restaurant or something. It is difficult to find a place in the middle of Manhattan that will let us use their space for free. It all depends how many people would come., maybe if we sat down for dinner and drinks they would let us.

Please ask around and see if you can find a spot, even if its outside of NYC. Thanks.

I don't get why anyone is complaining, even though I just see it's only one person complaining and that person isn't even gonna be there. It's just like 25-30 dollars to get into the club. It's no big deal... are people gonna be that stingy on money? I could give a shit is Fluid is gonna make me use his guestlist or whatever. It's a club... we all clubbing here. We all normally pay 25-30 dollars to get into a club(and even more at times). I dunno why there was a big arguement about this anyways.

I still like the Sound Factory 4th floor idea.

Originally posted by karch

I don't get why anyone is complaining, even though I just see it's only one person complaining and that person isn't even gonna be there. It's just like 25-30 dollars to get into the club. It's no big deal... are people gonna be that stingy on money? I could give a shit is Fluid is gonna make me use his guestlist or whatever. It's a club... we all clubbing here. We all normally pay 25-30 dollars to get into a club(and even more at times). I dunno why there was a big arguement about this anyways.

I still like the Sound Factory 4th floor idea.

looks like someone is a little desperate.... j/k :D Nothing against SF, but some people won't step foot in a club just because they dislike it. Kind of like me, I won't go to Exit or SF unless there is some special talent there. The cheaper the better, you know what its like being a poor college kid.

Originally posted by nycchic24

alright after weeks of thinking about how hte CP dating game was going to work logistically... i think i came up wiht a way...

(yes i actually have been thinking about this on the train :laugh:)

we do 7 minute dating. (never did this but heard of it)

we have a meetup. not at a club, but like at a bar or lounge or someplace kinda chill. anyone and everyone can participate. we separate guys v girls and you sit down with one person and ask him or her any question(s) within a 7 minute time span. after times up, you move onto the next CP'er. after all is said and done you can choose whom you;d like to talk to - say in a more intimate setting??? :heart: you may not meet your next Love Connection but this is also a great way to meet all your CP buddies too!

whaddya'll think? yes? no ? stupid? comments, suggestions, feedback? :tongue:

LOL that's cute.. I would love to hear about it (but Miss Cody will NOT be participating..)

Originally posted by codica3

LOL that's cute.. I would love to hear about it (but Miss Cody will NOT be participating..)

eiww don't be gay like that. I know you like boys, damn i guess you're all settled in with one already. ... another one bites the dust! :laugh: