Clubplanet Nightlife Community

****the official who wants to race thread****

Guest jroo

Guest jroo

Let's go, i dont care what you have under the hood , i have a stock '02 wrx and want to test it out on all challengers.

Originally posted by jroo

Let's go, i dont care what you have under the hood , i have a stock '02 wrx and want to test it out on all challengers.

race you from Dupont to Clarendon? I'll take the metro though, wait that might not be fair, the metro is pretty slow.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

how about dupont to clarendon in rush hour?

can i drive on the metro tracks? if so then we are on. thanks crank, im glad that someone understands. have your bro get back to me on that chip

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

THESE OFFICIAL THREADS ARE FUCKING ANNOYING!

you started it a long time ago. sorry, i'll just go back to working i guess.

*puts head down, hands in pocket, turns around, kicks at a rock on the ground, and walks away*

you started it a long time ago. sorry, i'll just go back to working i guess.

*puts head down, hands in pocket, turns around, kicks at a rock on the ground, and walks away*

Aww! We wouldn't give you a hard time if we didn't love you! We'd just ignore you, like we ignore some of the other undesireables on this board! :tongue:

jroo: you ever try autocrossing..i'll hit em bmw cca to see when the events are...at least it'll be legal.

I've been wanting to race a wrx...you got 0-60 5.6secs, awd for mad cornering..i got 0-60 5.4sec and named best handling car in america a couple years ago..this could be mad interesting..getting new tires tomorrow and lube job (lucky car gets more action than i do)....

malanee: undesirables....is there a list where one could check their desirability status on the dc cp boards?

Guest jroo
Originally posted by wahoo

jroo: you ever try autocrossing..i'll hit em bmw cca to see when the events are...at least it'll be legal.

I've been wanting to race a wrx...you got 0-60 5.6secs, awd for mad cornering..i got 0-60 5.4sec and named best handling car in america a couple years ago..this could be mad interesting..getting new tires tomorrow and lube job (lucky car gets more action than i do)....

malanee: undesirables....is there a list where one could check their desirability status on the dc cp boards?

what type of car do you have again? i would LOVE to race a M3 or something really expensive like that. man oh man, i want to raise a bmw or a mercedes sosooo bad. im getting wet, im getting horny, dont you just wish that you could fuck ideas? anyway, i need new tires, the ones that came with the car are pretty shitty, i need raceing tires, the tires i got squeal all the time. but i shit you not, no other car on this planet handles like mine, ask Zag. i watched a prelude almost lose his shit trying to fuck with me on the parkway. you're right , this would be mad interesting. :)

what type of car do you have again? i would LOVE to race a M3 or something really expensive like that. man oh man, i want to raise a bmw or a mercedes sosooo bad. im getting wet, im getting horny, dont you just wish that you could fuck ideas? anyway, i need new tires, the ones that came with the car are pretty shitty, i need raceing tires, the tires i got squeal all the time. but i shit you not, no other car on this planet handles like mine, ask Zag. i watched a prelude almost lose his shit trying to fuck with me on the parkway. you're right , this would be mad interesting. :)

I'm curious why you want to race a M3 with a stock WRX? Are you looking for 1/4 mile, 0-60 or auto-x?

Guest jroo
Originally posted by sparky1712

I'm curious why you want to race a M3 with a stock WRX? Are you looking for 1/4 mile, 0-60 or auto-x?

it wont be stock forever, i'd take anything on in an auto-x enviroment, how fast is a m3 anyway? i heard a nasty rumor that it had 500 hp but i seriously dont believe that at all.

it wont be stock forever, i'd take anything on in an auto-x enviroment, how fast is a m3 anyway? i heard a nasty rumor that it had 500 hp but i seriously dont believe that at all.

No way, the new ones have 330hp, and I believe the old ones have somewhere around 280hp. I don't even think the M5 has close to 500 hp, thats just insane

Having owned both the E36 and E46, here are the specs. The new M3s have 333 hp [uS version] and the old M3s have 240 hp [uS version] - both stock. The M5s are 394 hp [uS version]. The older M3s are weak compared to their European counterparts, which are 280 hp stock. The numbers from BMW are conservative when you are comparing 0-60 times, but don't know about 1/4 mile. I know that the M3 coupes 0-60 times are anywhere between 4.6 - 4.8 secs. As for the convertible, you're looking at 5.02 - 5.2 secs. for 0-60. Getting the new M3s to race you is going to be somewhat challenging since the car's engine is not truly 'broken' in until around 5K miles. If you're going to race one with the SMGII tranny, good luck since those cars incorporates the the F1 paddle shift and they shift faster than any manual - about 80 ms.

Personally, I wouldn't run mine unless we're on a closed track [not worth the risks] - 1/4 mile of course, but the engine is still being broken in. Should be fun though with your stock WRX vs. my stock M3 Convertible.

What mods are you looking for the WRX?

Originally posted by pgiddy

No way, the new ones have 330hp, and I believe the old ones have somewhere around 280hp. I don't even think the M5 has close to 500 hp, thats just insane

The rumor you've probably heard is the M3 GTR - only 50 are being produced my BMW at the price of $250K. It incorporates the M5 V8 engine inside the M3 chassis. HP is around 444 with a curb weight of 2450 lbs. 0-60 is 3.4 secs and 0-100 is 7.0 secs. Standing 1/4 mile is 11.4 secs @ 127.

broken in at 5k? I remember when car and driver did a test, and the thing was quicker at 30k then brand new, same with my cousins M5, he says it's quicker now with 26k then it was new, then again he didn't beat it when it was new. I can't believe how much over sticker they are going for, some are almost 60k, too much$$ IMO.....Rather have an S4, all wheel drive....

Originally posted by sparky1712

The rumor you've probably heard is the M3 GTR - only 50 are being produced my BMW at the price of $250K. It incorporates the M5 V8 engine inside the M3 chassis. HP is around 444 with a curb weight of 2450 lbs. 0-60 is 3.4 secs and 0-100 is 7.0 secs. Standing 1/4 mile is 11.4 secs @ 127.

Great googly moogly! :eek:

If you really want to race, I will race you. But not in my car, I don't think the ol' Camry would be to much of a challenge unless you drive backwards like you said the other night. But in a 1/4 1/2 full mile from here to boston whatever I'll take you on. I'll I got is a little ol' 883 bored over to a 1200 Harley sporty with Kyrun Akyn Hypercharger. I have no idea how many horses I am pulling but if you will hang at 140+ then it's all on.

Guest jroo

well, i wont race a motorcycle, what is the wieght of a m3. that horsepower doesnt really scare me. i would rock a mustang that has 290 hp. i want to get a racing chip, cool air intake for the turbo, up grade the intercooler, roll bar, front and real strut bar, TIRES, my tires suck ass, havent really thought about the suspension, up grade the turbo, maybe one day get nos. maybe a helmet. i want an exhaust system, but i dont want a cat-back one, i want a full one if im gonna get one.

well, i wont race a motorcycle, what is the wieght of a m3. that horsepower doesnt really scare me. i would rock a mustang that has 290 hp. i want to get a racing chip, cool air intake for the turbo, up grade the intercooler, roll bar, front and real strut bar, TIRES, my tires suck ass, havent really thought about the suspension, up grade the turbo, maybe one day get nos. maybe a helmet. i want an exhaust system, but i dont want a cat-back one, i want a full one if im gonna get one.

Why not, you will probably beat me. My bike only runs around a 10 flat.

The weight of an M3 coupe is around 3300 lbs and the M3 convertible is around 3700 lbs. The hp at the wheels on my car is around 270ish until I decide on which mods I want to do to the car.

hey sparky, how do you like the e46 vs. e36 m3? what color is yours...i have the 99 e36m3 cb/blk..swear that thing gets faster with more miles. A guy i know has 2 e46 m3s! A red on black convertible and a black/black coupe...it drives like a 330c regularly but man you hit that "Sport" button & its like the car took a hit of cocaine..thing is ridiculous...

jroo.....no more street racing for me..you could be schumacher out there but you catch a crack in the road or a pothole and there is a good chance you could lose the car especially at near max performance....too risky..roads suck crapola here. Stick to auto-x'ing instead

The mods you got lined up will eventually result in your car looking like the batmobile..all you need is fins! The best tires out there in my opinion are the bridgestone potenza s-03's..i have the s-02's and it took crazy effort to spin the tires cuz they are soo damn sticky! get sway bars, lighter rims, and take it from there.

Here is the future bmw lineup:

2003 m3 gtr: 400lbs lighter and 50hps more to ~390!

2005 m5: f1 race car's v10 cranking 500hp

2006 m3: the v8 from the gt3 m3 that kicked porsches ass last year in alms

2003 z5: inline 4 in a 3100lb car cranking 240hps! supposedly the best road car bmw has ever made which is tempting!