Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

therunner

I just got a call from my brother, who I haven't seen in almost three years, and he's in Cleveland and will be landing at Reagan in three hours!!!

He's never been to DC and I know he's not into the club scene so where should I take him out for drinks and stuff?

Originally posted by therunner

I just got a call from my brother, who I haven't seen in almost three years, and he's in Cleveland and will be landing at Reagan in three hours!!!

He's never been to DC and I know he's not into the club scene so where should I take him out for drinks and stuff?

Badlands on Friday

Velvet on Saturday

How long is he here for? How old is he? I think Adams Morgan is really fun. Georgetown - if he really likes the college age crowd. A bunch of us are going out for drinks tomorrow if you're interested!

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

excellent choices. don't forget afterhours at the warehouse on friday, its gonna be a circuit party night with nothing but screaming divas and shirtless men.

yay. :blank:

the runners brother would certainly have a correct impression of him icon14.gif

He's only going to be here thursday night and friday night and then takes off on saturday afternoon. The real pisser of it is that I have to work friday night so I can't get drunk with him then, But I already called in to work and told them that I was going to be a few hours late so that will give me til about 1 or 2am that I can do some "straight edge" partying with him.

I think the adams morgan area is the best bet. I forgot all about that place. I think we will go there tonight and maybe tomorrow night too. When and where are you going to be Malanee?

where is the waterfront?

It's basically Georgetown, right across the key bridge on the right. Go down to M street and take any rd. or 31st? or Wisconsin maybe down to K. It's very easy, but hard to explain, plus I'm horrible with directions. But it's nice, kinda quiet and peaceful, a little older crowd, but you are on the potomac so you can look at the boats, have a view of monument, blah blah blah..

Originally posted by pgiddy

It's basically Georgetown, right across the key bridge on the right. Go down to M street and take any rd. or 31st? or Wisconsin maybe down to K. It's very easy, but hard to explain, plus I'm horrible with directions. But it's nice, kinda quiet and peaceful, a little older crowd, but you are on the potomac so you can look at the boats, have a view of monument, blah blah blah..

That sounds pretty cool. What are the happy hour times? 4-7?

dude, that seems liek a place youd take ur girl if u wanted to get some action later that night..i would feel kinda phuny if i took my brother there..he'd pro'ly kick my ass in the proses

Originally posted by vicman

dude, that seems liek a place youd take ur girl if u wanted to get some action later that night..i would feel kinda phuny if i took my brother there..he'd pro'ly kick my ass in the proses

We have a very understanding "brotherly love" we are from kentucky you know.

Originally posted by vicman

:laugh: :laugh: No it's not that bad, it's where "normal" people go. Yeah sorry there won't be any people with glowsticks all e'd up or anything not even a DJ, but like I said it's chill, and if it's a nice day out why not let him see a little of DC rather then some stuffed hot ass bar with no AC. I know Cleveland doesn't have much, but I'm sure he could just do that there.

:laugh: :laugh: No it's not that bad, it's where "normal" people go. Yeah sorry there won't be any people with glowsticks all e'd up or anything not even a DJ, but like I said it's chill, and if it's a nice day out why not let him see a little of DC rather then some stuffed hot ass bar with no AC. I know Cleveland doesn't have much, but I'm sure he could just do that there.

Actually his layover is in cleveland, he lives in Ionia MI, the crop dusting capitol of the world. Nothing there but prisons and snow.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Yeah the waterfront is really nice. I'll be there tomorrow evening with a bunch of folks (pre-Snowball) - at Tony & Joe's. I hope it doesn't rain!

a blizzard is expected tomorrow in the area

Originally posted by malanee

Friday night Tinybutterfli is having a happy hour at Tony and Joes on the waterfront in G-town - unless it rains, right?

Ok I think we are going to go there tonight and then to Adams Morgan, and then maybe adams morgan again tomorrow night too.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

don't know how long we'll be there. probably pretty late - i might go home before hitting up snowball if not i'm just gonna bring a change of clothing. man its gonna be a loooooong night!

Well I think we can meet you guys there for a couple pints and then head out to adams, I have to be at work at around 1 or 2 am so I can't get all FUBAR'd like I want to.