Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

therunner

Originally posted by sillyrabbit

There is a new bar in Adams Morgan called the Reef - it's suppose to be pretty neato - not college frat drunk like a lotta A.M.....ya gotta check it out at least so you can report on it for us! :)

Now that tax season has passed, I see sillyrabbit can post again. :D

Originally posted by therunner

Well I think we can meet you guys there for a couple pints and then head out to adams, I have to be at work at around 1 or 2 am so I can't get all FUBAR'd like I want to.

anybody got any suggestions on where we could go in G'town if it rains? I'm really bad at picking bars because I hate them. Really... I know, I know... I'm the resident lush ;) but I'm so not about the "bar atmosphere" blah!

Guest jroo
Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Yeah the waterfront is really nice. I'll be there tomorrow evening with a bunch of folks (pre-Snowball) - at Tony & Joe's. I hope it doesn't rain!

my grand dad is Joe

anybody got any suggestions on where we could go in G'town if it rains? I'm really bad at picking bars because I hate them. Really... I know, I know... I'm the resident lush ;) but I'm so not about the "bar atmosphere" blah!

Does it have to be Georgetown? Blue Room in Adams Morgan is really nice, good music and not too crowded early. Or the Front Page, Big Hunt or Lucky Bar in Dupont - all of these have happy hours.

Originally posted by jroo

my grand dad is Joe

really? or am I just gullible? :laugh:

Malanee - it doesn't have to be G'town. I don't know about AM though, my roommate hates that area. I don't mind it. I'm thinking we'll probably hit up the Front Page if it rains because its the old standby. Gawd, its always so freakin' hot in there!

Guest jroo

no bullshit, my granddad opened that place up with tony. my granddad passed away last june, he was fully retired and out of the business well before then though, have you heard of the dancing crab too? its up wisconson, he owned that place too. but he got into gambling and stuff and didnt leave the family with anything to continue on. which i dont understand. i wish that i would have met tony more that place seems to pretty popular, ive only been there twice, but times for a reception after family funerals.

really? or am I just gullible? :laugh:

Malanee - it doesn't have to be G'town. I don't know about AM though, my roommate hates that area. I don't mind it. I'm thinking we'll probably hit up the Front Page if it rains because its the old standby. Gawd, its always so freakin' hot in there!

Where is the front page again?

Originally posted by sauvee88

Hey!!! If it's gonna rain you're still going to get ice cream??

And I'm NOT going to the damn lucky bar EVER again!!! Well maybe next year!!! But once a year is plenty good.

Oh! Well I think the ice cream idea got nixed because we can't get coordinated! :( its alright though... got the rest of the summer for B&J's!

I second the nixing of the Lucky Bar. I can't STAND that place!

Originally posted by crank47

Now that tax season has passed, I see sillyrabbit can post again. :D

Actually, now that I have decided that the man can go to hell and that no job and no paycheck is worth putting up w/ arrogant a-hole's 'tudes (I got sum issues, huh?) So I am going to become a dog walker - cuz at least when you clean up their shit - they are happy and thankful!

So how was Tony&Joe's - filled w/ suits and other G'town folk?

Originally posted by sillyrabbit

Actually, now that I have decided that the man can go to hell and that no job and no paycheck is worth putting up w/ arrogant a-hole's 'tudes (I got sum issues, huh?) So I am going to become a dog walker - cuz at least when you clean up their shit - they are happy and thankful!

So how was Tony&Joe's - filled w/ suits and other G'town folk?

We didn't go to T&J's... it stormed most of Friday afternoon. We went to Mackey's on L Street. I like the atmosphere there but their drinks were pretty weak. I think I'll stick to beer next time! :)

Cafe Citron has a great happy hour. $3.50 mojitos & $3 coronas. Plus the place just has a great vibe, great citrus color scheme and damn good drinks.