Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No wonder I haven't had a cavity in 9 years...

romy20

You Won't Believe What Prevents Cavities

Cheese. That's right. Brush after every meal, floss regularly, and eat cheese. Just don't tell your cardiologist. After examining 25 years of dental studies, researchers at Boston's Forsyth Institute have concluded that cheese actually prevents cavities. In some cases, cheese-eaters had 71 percent less damage to their tooth enamel. The Boston Globe calls it a "complex molecular ballet" that involves the calcium in cheese, an increase in saliva from chewing, and the ability of cheese to restore depleted enamel. "We eat a mixture of foods, and in the foods there are good factors and harmful factors," biochemist Shelby Kashket, a senior research investigator at Forsyth and an author of the study, told the Boston Globe. "We have not done another review showing there's some horrible thing going on. This shows there are some good things" in cheese.

Surprised that cheese prevents cavities? This may surprise you, too. Raisins can CAUSE cavities!

When bacteria grows on teeth, it creates tooth-decaying acid, which causes mineral sources to leach out of the teeth. "If that decay becomes too severe," Kashket said, "the structure collapses, and that's when we yell with pain because we have a cavity." Cheese--probably due to its calcium and phosphate content--replaces those mineral sources. That doesn't mean you should gorge on the gruyere or chow down on the cheddar. Cheese is high in saturated fat so you need to eat it in moderation. "The take-away message would be to consider cheese as a way of helping to fight cavities," Kashket told the Globe. "But it's not a magic bullet made of cheese." The study was published in the April edition of the journal Nutrition Reviews.

I loveeeeee cheese!!

:D

Originally posted by jaybzee

yo SOMEONE MADE A FUCKING POST UNDER MY NAME< UNLESS I WAS COMPLETELY FUCKED UP AND DON'T Remember which hasn't happend recently, i never made that "I like cheese comment " above, what teh fcuk is going on

?>

woah thats weird....

Originally posted by magilicuti

i busted into jazbee's account and i can i bust into anyone else's so don't fuck with me

I am a fan of cheese, the food of course, so I wont take exception..........this time..........actually if you could bust into my account some more that would be alright considering I need to up my post count....so good looks actually...