(so excited!)

The Queen of breaks

blindsided lil openair with a set that tightly mixed a

phat mellow minimal 40 mins or so of electro that fit

peferctly into Static's musical imperative. Ya it's

the start of a set, and ya it took things down a

notch, but that's what this party is about and it's

what 10Sui, for those of you who hadn't heard or seen

her b4 is about. Did u miss something by not goin?

Hell ya u did! This is the fabulous thing about Tracy

as a DJ, producer, and artist... she knows how to make

it dark, funky, minimal, and dope! She has a diversity

in combining this with the more blinding quality

breaks that you expect from any A list breaks DJ or

artist with down tempo and minimalism that frankly no

one matches, save maybe Si Begg or Tipper, and she's

up there with them for making this music dance floor

friggin friendly. The Stir Fry and Si Begg traxx she

mixed to open her set gave us a taste to let us know

that this was the shite! A badass mistress @ work

indeed.

And 40 mins in, damn did Tracy 10Sui (pronounced Swee)

take it up several notches even higher! Droppin traxx

from Menta, Koma & Bones, more Stir Fry, and of course

the wikkid Atomic Hooligan record that just mashed up

da venue completement! Here was a star @ work gracing

us lucky few with her superior deck skills, cascading

mixing, dope basslines, and hotter than a monkey's

butt track selection! Her heiness ain't called the

Queen of breaks for nothing, and she proved why that

was the case. @ 75 mins she left everyone yearning for

more and no doubt DC, Baltimore, & Carolina, she's

gonna blow u all away this weekend! I'm not gonna deny

it, yes she's fly, yes she's sweet, yes she

immaculately professional and she's got a wikkid stamp

2! Why did Tracy top the infamous poll? Cuz she

friggin earned it yo!! NY loves 10Sui and we hope you

come back and visit us again soon! Shouts: Tracy,

Sara, all 3 of the Mikes, Rob, Royce, Trisha, the

Joes, Glen, Cara, Cath, Dan, Maudy, Andrew, Zack, and

everyone else! Bring it!

friday at buzz was TIGHT. my first time hearing 10 sui, she made an damn good impression. i love her production, but as a dj, dayamn she can work it. she started off with some light funky electro. . lovely to hear. . .i'm feeling it now (i wasn't sure about that shit earlier). . .then some breaks staples, a couple BLIM tracks, that koma and bones track. . .i fooking loved the ragga/rasta breaks she was throwing down later on, then most of the rest of her set was standard, but fun to dance to, nu skool breaks. the only thing that ruined it was that stupid mc red, interrupting the music w/his fooking "rewind! rewind!" "da selekta!" and "make some mofo nooiyse!" i don't like mcs in general. esp. when they're just some white boy american pretending to have a british/jamaican accent. blah. :tongue:

Guest jroo
Originally posted by scratchapella

the only thing that ruined it was that stupid mc red, interrupting the music w/his fooking "rewind! rewind!" "da selekta!" and "make some mofo nooiyse!" i don't like mcs in general. esp. when they're just some white boy american pretending to have a british/jamaican accent. blah. :tongue:

i fucking hate those guys!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: not because they are "some white boy american", but because they really fucking suck. and the all fucking sound the same, same fucking tone, same shitty ass style, just yelling out the first thing that comes to their fucking head as fast as they can fucking say the words, i even saw one dude say "when i say hey, you say hah" what a fucking rip, and he was holding the mic over the crowd like the crowd gave a fuck. and he was like "let me see your hands, put your hands up" "washington dc, put your hands up" gawd damn i hate that gay ass shit.

and yeah, soup can dance real good. i dont know if he knows how to break a chicken's neck though.

Originally posted by jroo

i fucking hate those guys!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: not because they are "some white boy american", but because they really fucking suck. and the all fucking sound the same, same fucking tone, same shitty ass style, just yelling out the first thing that comes to their fucking head as fast as they can fucking say the words, i even saw one dude say "when i say hey, you say hah" what a fucking rip, and he was holding the mic over the crowd like the crowd gave a fuck. and he was like "let me see your hands, put your hands up" "washington dc, put your hands up" gawd damn i hate that gay ass shit.

I only caught part of 10sui's set. but for the part I did catch, it was alright. I REALLY HATED MC RED's lyrics. It sounded like a mixture of DR. Suess and that Genie from pee-wee's playhouse. Did anyone notice how MC red looks alot like Hog Greely from captain planet? Anyway, I'd say that friday night was....O.K. The main blew, but mea's house set wasn't too bad. What's this chicken neck buisness Jermy?

Sopha

Originally posted by spinsaikel

. What's this chicken neck buisness Jermy?

Sopha

Its the way he dances, he moves his hands and stuff all over his face and then moves them one way, while he turns his face the other, it looks like he was trying to break a chickens neck.

Originally posted by vicman

Its the way he dances, he moves his hands and stuff all over his face and then moves them one way, while he turns his face the other, it looks like he was trying to break a chickens neck.

This description doesnt help at all. This calls for....the dancefloor!

Sopha

Originally posted by scratchapella

i should also mention, it was a pleasure seeing sopha on friday. boy can dance.

and good to see nautilus on saturday, the only non-gay male i met that night. :rolleyes:

Nautilus was at Velvet? Motherfucker, you could have ridden down with me early to hear Shady spin and then we could have gone over there.

Kuro, email me your # dude. But I mus warn you, I don't do velvet. period!

Velvet's not my thing, either, but they don't search you at the door and there are a lot of gorgeous women there getting all worked up by big muscular guys who only love the cock. And the one time I went the music was good.

Originally posted by Kuro

Nautilus was at Velvet? Motherfucker, you could have ridden down with me early to hear Shady spin and then we could have gone over there.

I couldnt make it on time for Shady's set - got to DC around midnight, but we should def. carpool next time, MOTHERFUCKER:D

PM me ur #.

Guest jroo

This description doesnt help at all. This calls for....the dancefloor!

Sopha

no shit right??? i still dont get it either vic. i just did some moves while i was sitting here just now. i think i might get it, like when i put my hands out to the side and turn my head away from them, like in case the chicken splatters blood everywhere i dont get it on my face, or in my eyes??? i dont know man, but now im freaked out. i dont know if i'll be able to dance ever again.

Originally posted by jroo

no shit right??? i still dont get it either vic. i just did some moves while i was sitting here just now. i think i might get it, like when i put my hands out to the side and turn my head away from them, like in case the chicken splatters blood everywhere i dont get it on my face, or in my eyes??? i dont know man, but now im freaked out. i dont know if i'll be able to dance ever again.

I would love to see Vic write a book on "how to dance to club music" . That'd be a great coffee table book!

sopha