Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saying the wrong things....

fierydesire

...but meaning another thing? How can you correct something you may have told someone but then feel that it may have been incorrect? Is there a way you can change what they think of you now after you have stuck your foot in your mouth?:confused: or is all hopeless and there are no methods of correction?

tell them they may have perceived your words wrong. explain through example of the wooden chair: some look at it and see a chair, some look at it and see some wooden planks that are somehow fixed together. some look at it as a thing to sit down on, some look at it as a thing to make a fire with. words are only generalisations, every word has a sense, but it is OUR sense, the sense WE give it, not the sense the other person gave it. when i say "tree" you bet we don´t have the same picture in our mind, i only have a vague idea (a generalisation) of what you *could* mean/see. you can drive somebody nuts with this kind of argumentation ;)

Thats a really rough situation..im in the same one now...try explaining yourself...tell the person to their face though because i've found that on aol and over the phone some people seem to miss out on the true meaning of what you're trying to say. Explain that it was taken and said the wrong way, and that you werent thinking clearly at the time you said it and realized after you said it that you see how it could have been taken the wrong way , but that wasnt ur intention.