Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
dcsglow

MD ----> Computer?

I record my sets on MiniDisc....I'm tryin to upload my set to my computer and then change it into either mp3 or wav, is there any program that i can use to do this, and if so which one, is it free, do i gotta hack it what? and also the cord from my MD output into my comp, do i put it in the microphone input or what which one? thanks a lot

Originally posted by dcsglow

I record my sets on MiniDisc....I'm tryin to upload my set to my computer and then change it into either mp3 or wav, is there any program that i can use to do this, and if so which one, is it free, do i gotta hack it what? and also the cord from my MD output into my comp, do i put it in the microphone input or what which one? thanks a lot

u can do it either analog or digital depending on what you have. If your MD only has analog out, hook that up to the line in of your sound card (not the mic in) and record onto your HD as a wav, then encode to mp3 w/ a good quality encoder.

if your MD has optical out (not many do, typically the higher end / pro ones do only) then you can get a SPDIF optical cable and hook that to the digital in of your sound card, if it has one. The cool thing about that is the sound quality is much better and there's PC software out there that recognizes the track marks and even the title names I think.