Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Misk

jy

got a hair question for you babe :)

I have a customer tomorrow who's go jet black hair, she's been dying it black for about a year and she came to me on Saturday wanting blond or red streaks.

all the other stylists refused to touch her hair because she told us that she has bleach underneath the black along with a perm which she straightens daily.

now here's my question for you.. is there anything i can use other than bleach to lighten her hair. because i know that her hair can't handle the bleach and would most probably break. it's pretty short to start off with (about to the shoulders) and is pretty damaged to begin with.

I was thinking of putting a level 10 super blond at 40 vol peroxide to bring her color up to maybe a level 4 or so and then put the red toner after..

just wondering if you had any suggestions..

it's definitely a touchy subject........and i don't know if my response is coming too late.......but even with a level10 color....u r using the peroxide to lift the hair...so it may not be as damaging as bleach with 40vol......it is probably the equivalent to a highlite using 20vol..........but it's probably worth a shot.....**however...u should simply tell this client.....because of the conditions of her hair....it is not possibly to deliver a high~lift blonde highlite.....suggest something that goes better with her black hair.....and if she will go with the red...u will probably be able to lift her just a couple of levels from the level1 that i'm guessing she is........then just deposit a red.... also~matrix has those new red lights.....they lift and deposit simultaneously....and the red is this fierce color((3 shades))......but at the same time it may be damaging~~~however we used it on a girl in the salon and it worked great.....and she has color treated hair that is extremely curly and coarse........no fading has occurred and it's been like 4 weeks already......

let me know what u did!

Originally posted by misk

it's definitely a touchy subject........and i don't know if my response is coming too late.......but even with a level10 color....u r using the peroxide to lift the hair...so it may not be as damaging as bleach with 40vol......it is probably the equivalent to a highlite using 20vol..........but it's probably worth a shot.....**however...u should simply tell this client.....because of the conditions of her hair....it is not possibly to deliver a high~lift blonde highlite.....suggest something that goes better with her black hair.....and if she will go with the red...u will probably be able to lift her just a couple of levels from the level1 that i'm guessing she is........then just deposit a red.... also~matrix has those new red lights.....they lift and deposit simultaneously....and the red is this fierce color((3 shades))......but at the same time it may be damaging~~~however we used it on a girl in the salon and it worked great.....and she has color treated hair that is extremely curly and coarse........no fading has occurred and it's been like 4 weeks already......

let me know what u did!

no no your not too late.

I called her back today and I told her that I would do her hair but that i was warning her ahead of time that the results could not be as she expected. So we both decided that we're going to go for the red highlights instead of the blond (it'll be impossible to lift her color, the black is practically cooked into her hair). So yeah i'm going to try and lift her color with 40vol level 10 blonde and hope for the best because she told me that underneath the black is bleach.. and she just told me that she used to bleach the whole head once every two weeks... i'm surprised this girl still has hair..

so wish me luck lol

oh yeah and the matrix redlights are really cool. I did them to myself to see the results and I was pretty impressed. I used to manic panick my hair (pillerboxred) once every three days and this product is pretty low maintenance. i've done it twice in the last 6 weeks.. :)

thanks for the info babe :)