Clubplanet Nightlife Community

gyms

ok, once i get back to dc i need to switch gyms to one in the dupont area. which one?!?! i'm kinda thinking the dc sports club in dupont, but i believe that one's pretty pricey. i *could* do the bally's in farragut square, but that's a little farther away and i HATE the dungeon basement feel to it. other options in the dupont area i believe are Results and the jewish place (sorry, the name escapes me right now). i used to work out at the gold's in upper cleveland park, i loved that gym, but then i moved out of that area, then i worked out at the gym at my work - metro fitness - but i don't like that gym at all, claustrophobic

suggestions?!?!

Well - I work out at the Bally's on L Street - and I hate the dungeon feel too! But I'd love to have a workout partner! Too bad the new Bally's out by Pentagon City Mall is so far away. It is beautiful! I usually go there on the weekends!

i heard that if you goto the Sportsclub LA on 22andM early enough in the morning you'll catch jordan and a couple of wizards working out...all i know i was at a light infront of the gym and was blown away that each cardio piece has its own flat screen tv! I guess 120/month gets you lots of things...i'll stick to my golds and their resident hotties..who needs tv when you got chics in sports bras and booty shorts!

The only thing that sucks ass about Bally's is that you have to sign a contract, but I think its the best option since theyve got gyms all over the place.

So not only can you use the Bally's gyms in the area that are closer to your work or home, but when you travel you can use them there to, which is a big plus for me, even though I dont travel that much, but when I've gone to ATL nad HOU for work, I've used the Bally's there and when I visit family in ORL I also use it there, so that is a big + for me.

Originally posted by wahoo

i heard that if you goto the Sportsclub LA on 22andM early enough in the morning you'll catch jordan and a couple of wizards working out...all i know i was at a light infront of the gym and was blown away that each cardio piece has its own flat screen tv! I guess 120/month gets you lots of things...i'll stick to my golds and their resident hotties..who needs tv when you got chics in sports bras and booty shorts!

Ok I've been known to workout a few times a year, but I doubt Jordan or any Wizard is up early in the am. If they are I would think that they have their own gym they can use, IMO.

BTW, a brand new Gold's just opened up in Ballston, I heard it's pretty good. The old one in Clarendon has some hotties too, I always see them coming out of that place and I pick up my friend there often. So actually I do go to the gym a few times a week now that I think about it:rolleyes:

Originally posted by vicman

The only thing that sucks ass about Bally's is that you have to sign a contract, but I think its the best option since theyve got gyms all over the place.

So not only can you use the Bally's gyms in the area that are closer to your work or home, but when you travel you can use them there to, which is a big plus for me, even though I dont travel that much, but when I've gone to ATL nad HOU for work, I've used the Bally's there and when I visit family in ORL I also use it there, so that is a big + for me.

That's only if you get a membership that lets you use other Bally's. The cheapest ones only let you go to the gym location you signed up for. For more money you can go regional and/or nationwide.

so true. they suckered me into getting the "premierplus" memebership, for 3 years! and i don't even get the discount memvership rate after that b/c i'm cancelling my contract when i go to china! i never even wanted the stupid membership, it was my christmas gift to my little sister, who needed someone 18+ to hold the contract. . . :mad:

Originally posted by scratchapella

so true. they suckered me into getting the "premierplus" memebership, for 3 years! and i don't even get the discount memvership rate after that b/c i'm cancelling my contract when i go to china! i never even wanted the stupid membership, it was my christmas gift to my little sister, who needed someone 18+ to hold the contract. . . :mad:

Whoa. You have a sister?

Originally posted by ellywelly

Sports and Health in McLean is so nice. It has it's own bar and everything you could possibly need. I belong to the one in Ballston... which reminds me I should start going :(

Don't you degenerate this thread about Scratch's sister with your talks about health clubs! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ellywelly

Sports and Health in McLean is so nice. It has it's own bar and everything you could possibly need. I belong to the one in Ballston... which reminds me I should start going :(

hey, when do they open up the outdoor pool (mclean)? Its the one on westpark right? i work right around the corner (well everything is around the corner in tysons)...i need to score some free passes...

imagine..gorgeous fri afternoon after bitchass week at work..meet up some buds, take a dip in the pool and have a drink waiting when you get out....damn closest thing i'll have to south beach!

Originally posted by scratchapella

i lied. she's 18. but never ever coming to visit. never.

joo sick bastard

btw, i saw pictures of saturday on sideshowbob's website, i like the hair. really i do.

:)

Damn. An 18 year old version of the 19 year old Scratch? :D

My hair's been different everyday this week. I hate my hair long. It's so unmanageable. **throws hissy fit**

Originally posted by MadamMillie

ok, once i get back to dc i need to switch gyms to one in the dupont area. which one?!?! i'm kinda thinking the dc sports club in dupont, but i believe that one's pretty pricey. i *could* do the bally's in farragut square, but that's a little farther away and i HATE the dungeon basement feel to it. other options in the dupont area i believe are Results and the jewish place (sorry, the name escapes me right now). i used to work out at the gold's in upper cleveland park, i loved that gym, but then i moved out of that area, then i worked out at the gym at my work - metro fitness - but i don't like that gym at all, claustrophobic

suggestions?!?!

there is on gym, its on G street, so like if ur coming onto the 14th street bridge from 395, u make a right on G, and then go down, and its on your right, you can see it up a couple stories, all the sweat stains on the windows...eww yuck, but that one seems nice, i dunno how much or what kind it is.

actually i am contract-free at the local bally's here in dallas, strictly month-to-month, $50, i think the membership guy liked me:)

anyways, i'll hafta check out dc sports, results, maybe even the jcc when i get back. ruthie - bally's is kinda far from you, no? that'd be like a 30min walk, wouldn't it? but i'll let ya know if ijoin bally's, we'll be workout buds:)

thanks for the advice y'all, i guess i'll just hafta check everything out when i get back

The one on L and 21st is 1/2 block from my work - so I go there almost every day. On the weekends I go to the one out near Pentagon City Mall - which is sooo nice! Let me know! You also need to get some inline skates so we can skate around DC this summer!!! :bounce:

Originally posted by malanee

The one on L and 21st is 1/2 block from my work - so I go there almost every day. On the weekends I go to the one out near Pentagon City Mall - which is sooo nice! Let me know! You also need to get some inline skates so we can skate around DC this summer!!! :bounce:

heehee, you mean i can just borrow yours anymore?!?! where's the love??? :D

Originally posted by MadamMillie

heehee, you mean i can just borrow yours anymore?!?! where's the love??? :D

You are always welcome to borrow mine! Of course - if we both want to use 'em - it'll be pretty hard to skate around on just one skate! *giggle*