Clubplanet Nightlife Community

trials and tribulations....

marcid21

...I know some of you are a lil' younger than I ((don't get offended, just a mere fact))...but I'm wondering if you guys ever started doubting yourselves...by doubting I mean after you've traveled the road you've been on for so long....do you suddenly come to an intersection and wonder which way you're supposed to turn?

...I dunno...maybe I'm having that 1/4 life crisis that we posted up in here a while back, but I'm going through something. I'm starting to doubt myself, and my ability...mainly because what once was my motivation and my pure drive to succeed just "isn't" anymore. I feel like I really don't have that motivation anymore...and instead of taking a turn in whatever direction, I'd like to just sit down on the side of the road next to the stop sign and just take it all in...

...the wierd thing is...that was never me. I was always way too determined, and stubborn, and headstrong...and I'm wondering if that person just got lost somewhere while I visited an unhappy place for a short time.....

Can any of you relate? Or am I just really losing myself here?

i know exactly where you're comming from. Sometimes I hit these plateaus where I just can't see myself progressing. I catch myself doing the same old things, meeting the same type of people, and getting caught up in the same relationships.

Motivation is something that comes and goes so don't get down about that. We can't be motivated 100% of the time because we just don't have the energy to keep pushing ahead.

the way i see it is we push forward until we are satisfied with where we are. It may be a job, a relationship or any situation for that matter. We then slope downwards while enjoying this new found success and then land in a plateau that slowly makes everything boring and routine again. Motivation comes again when we decide to take control of our lives and go after what it is that makes us happiest. Motivation and drive come in different forms and they differ in intensity.. Maybe right now you're in a slump but guaranteed one day you'll wake up with something in mind that you just can't help but be inclined to strive over.

don't get down, just enjoy whats going on in your life right now because just like life goes on it also changes and before you know it you'll be pushing yourself into something new and exciting with tons of drive.

Originally posted by marcid21

...the wierd thing is...that was never me. I was always way too determined, and stubborn, and headstrong...and I'm wondering if that person just got lost somewhere while I visited an unhappy place for a short time.....

Can any of you relate? Or am I just really losing myself here?

It is never in any of us. We see sometimes that the road is easier to turn back on, then it is to cross. These times are meant to strengthen you and make you a more daring person.

Remember the human condition is to make mistakes, second guess ourselves and loose ourselves in the completley unexplainable phenomenon of love. Unfortunatly doubt, fear, regret, remorse, anxiety and rage sometimes take us over and the we lose what is so special about ourselves.

Our ability to choose and to be chosen.

Happens to me every three or four months. I think all humans have te same "problem". We strive towards something and when we reach it, we're stuck, we don't know what we want next. Re-set your goals professional and personal, try to change your lifestyle somewhat, open yourself to new experiences, meet new people, don't be conteplating on how shitty everything is, there is simply not enough time to waste on this, before you know it you will be 30 and then 40... So get up and move forward, conquer the world.

Originally posted by marcid21

[b...I dunno...maybe I'm having that 1/4 life crisis that we posted up in here a while back, but I'm going through something. I'm starting to doubt myself, and my ability...mainly because what once was my motivation and my pure drive to succeed just "isn't" anymore. I feel like I really don't have that motivation anymore...and instead of taking a turn in whatever direction, I'd like to just sit down on the side of the road next to the stop sign and just take it all in...

i can defintely relate

i need to make a major decision this summer, and i feel like my life has halted until i decide. i have no urge to do anything, except procrastinate. i have no motivation at all; and i feel like i'm going in circles

:(