Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ladies: Makeup Suggestions?

Originally posted by faith11878

Another MAC fan here :)

Love studio fix(powder foundation) and the lip glass by itself in the light colors gives a natural shine thats lasts for hours.

i love MAC! i always end up getting a shit load of stuff when i go in for like .... a lipstick or ...... to replace an eyeshadow.

love teh Studio Fix, too :D but i am not big fan of the Lip Glass --- looks nice, but waaaaay too sticky and not very kissable. try their Shimmer Powder/dust too! :cool:

Originally posted by nycchic24

i love MAC! i always end up getting a shit load of stuff when i go in for like .... a lipstick or ...... to replace an eyeshadow.

love teh Studio Fix, too :D but i am not big fan of the Lip Glass --- looks nice, but waaaaay too sticky and not very kissable. try their Shimmer Powder/dust too! :cool:

Ya, I always get more stuff there then I needed when I walk in the door. :)

i'm a stila girl. the eyeshadows are perfect, lots of shimmery shades, pretty colors, very smooth. i like the lip shines, a lil gooey but they go a long way. the lip polish pens are nice too. hmm love the stila girl too, so cute.

i never really got into MAC, i have a purple cream shadow thats fun for a smokey eye when going out, but i want to try the rest of the line...esp. the lip glass...

i like stuff from lots of diff. lines, pretty much a makeup whore :D

I'm a MAC-aholic as well. There stuff is great for clubbing as well as daytime looks. Check out their peacenik collection..it has all those subtle earthy springy tones. Try the RULE eyeshadow..you basically can't go wrong w/it paired w/a nude lip glass like lychee lux or a lipstick like glaze lined w/spice lipliner :) I love the people that work at MAC they're totally helpful and are up to all the runway trends.

for the whole natural thing..you should check out a brand called Bloom. They have really great products that have soothing aromatherapy in them too...the lip gloss has a wonderful wash of color..AND it's infused w/good for your skin herbs!

For foundations, MAC is kinda hard on my skin so I opt for using Chanel. There water based stick foundation is the best cuz it's totally easy to apply for a blend flawless finish...plus it's easy to carry around w/you.

So yeah...I love MAC for lips and eyes, chanel for foundation, urban decay, stila and nars to just spice up everything ;)

hope this helps

:)

Originally posted by trancedkitten

Yes.....I have it in the *translucide* color & absolutely love it! Nice fine/flawless finish....feels like you're not wearing any :)

i have that shade too! i need a new compact tho b/c my powder shattered :( i won't buy it here in the US cause its too expensive tho... have you used the lip colors before? how are those?

for the whole natural thing..you should check out a brand called Bloom. They have really great products that have soothing aromatherapy in them too...the lip gloss has a wonderful wash of color..AND it's infused w/good for your skin herbs!

this line is really nice, not very extensive but the products are quality. be careful with the colored lip gloss in the squeeze tubes because they're quite messy. the scented lip balms are my favorite. grapefruit is delish.

i like this thread...lol can ya tell im obsessed?

Originally posted by mssabina

i have that shade too! i need a new compact tho b/c my powder shattered :( i won't buy it here in the US cause its too expensive tho... have you used the lip colors before? how are those?

this line is really nice, not very extensive but the products are quality. be careful with the colored lip gloss in the squeeze tubes because they're quite messy. the scented lip balms are my favorite. grapefruit is delish.

i like this thread...lol can ya tell im obsessed?

Where can you buy T LeClerc makeup? thx

thank you everyone for the advice :)

in the past ive usually just gotten things from all different lines.. ive used most of the lines you guys have mentioned but yeah.. i wanna try to consolidate and get a bunch of products that I can use everyday. keep the suggestions going :D

Originally posted by mssabina

I haven't tried their lip colors yet......My favorite is *Lorac* lip polish....comes in a bottle just like nail polish w/ the brush & all... the nude beige color is amazing! BTW, where else do you buy T. LeClerc make-up? Was wondering because I buy mine on eluxury.com & they're a bit pricey......

Originally posted by trancedkitten

I haven't tried their lip colors yet......My favorite is *Lorac* lip polish....comes in a bottle just like nail polish w/ the brush & all... the nude beige color is amazing! BTW, where else do you buy T. LeClerc make-up? Was wondering because I buy mine on eluxury.com & they're a bit pricey......

in nyc, barney's, bendels, bigelow chemists in the village... $45-$50 everywhere i've looked. i bought my powder when i was in france b/c they sell them in drugstores for $20 there. i really wish i would have stocked up... how much are those lorac lip polishes? i tried on the pinkish one and liked the consistency but the color wasnt right... the nude sounds pretty.

btw- anyone wear nars?? i want to get one of those face palettes...

yea... MAC is def great especially their lipglass... i was in russia reecently and the makeup there is amazing and dirt cheap.... over 5 times cheaper than it is here in the US i def loaded up hehe being the makeup whore i am.... also, bobbi brown makes great natural stuff and urban decay christian dior and hard candy make great club/going out makeup if u're into lotta color and/or glitter... hope this helps