Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MD ----> Computer?

dcsglow

I record my sets on MiniDisc....I'm tryin to upload my set to my computer and then change it into either mp3 or wav, is there any program that i can use to do this, and if so which one, is it free, do i gotta hack it what? and also the cord from my MD output into my comp, do i put it in the microphone input or what which one? thanks a lot

well, for converting mp3 to wav and back and even shn, i like to use mkw audio compression tool...it was developed for tapers and is real small and easy to use, it's freeware and you can get it from the etree.org website....recording software, now that's another thing and i have no idea.... :D

I have an MD player/recorder and for sometime have not been able to transfer from MD to computer. There is a MIC input on the computer, but the output from the MD is the headphone. Unless you can do the conversion, I don't think it's possible.

Originally posted by sparky1712

I have an MD player/recorder and for sometime have not been able to transfer from MD to computer. There is a MIC input on the computer, but the output from the MD is the headphone. Unless you can do the conversion, I don't think it's possible.

hey on mine i have a seperate line out ...so im guessing i use that and put it into the mic?

Use the line out on the MD and the line in on the computer. If you don't have a line in on the computer, then use the mic.

If you don't have a line out on the MD, then you're SOL, cause the headphone output on the MD will not give you good recordings.

To record a WAV file from the line input on the computer, I use a freeware program called CDWav. It also allows you to split up the tracks, so you can burn the mix to CD with track markings.

Also, to get your sound card to record from the line input, you need to make sure to select it as your recording input.

In your system tray (lower right corner of windows where your clock is), right click on the speaker. Select "Open Volume Controls". Under Options, select Properties. Click the Recording button. Select the volume controls for Mic Volume and Line In. Hit OK. Make sure that the input you have the MD plugged into on the sound card is selected (if you're using Line In, check "Select" under Line In).

You should mess around with the volume input settings. Having it set too high will distort your recording. Having it set too low will make it inaudible.

I can e-mail you the CDWav program if you want. It's just an executable that someone wrote. No installation required.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Use the line out on the MD and the line in on the computer. If you don't have a line in on the computer, then use the mic.

If you don't have a line out on the MD, then you're SOL, cause the headphone output on the MD will not give you good recordings.

To record a WAV file from the line input on the computer, I use a freeware program called CDWav. It also allows you to split up the tracks, so you can burn the mix to CD with track markings.

Also, to get your sound card to record from the line input, you need to make sure to select it as your recording input.

In your system tray (lower right corner of windows where your clock is), right click on the speaker. Select "Open Volume Controls". Under Options, select Properties. Click the Recording button. Select the volume controls for Mic Volume and Line In. Hit OK. Make sure that the input you have the MD plugged into on the sound card is selected (if you're using Line In, check "Select" under Line In).

You should mess around with the volume input settings. Having it set too high will distort your recording. Having it set too low will make it inaudible.

I can e-mail you the CDWav program if you want. It's just an executable that someone wrote. No installation required.

yeah...wuthirty6@yahoo.com

thanks shady