Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Meet-up before DH at Vinyl on 4/27/02, pick your spot..

prplhz

Hey everyone,

All of you who plan on going to DH this Saturday 4/27/02, we are planning a little pre-Vinyl meet-up. I have been investigating, and inquirying of a few people about some good places to go for a little pre-partying. Below I have given three names of places within walking distance to Vinyl, and included the address and a small description of the place, please put your choice of where you would like to go as I would like to set the meeting place and time in stone as of the close of the work day tomorrow.

1. Tribeca Lounge

247 W. Broadway

On citysearch the reviews where four star and this place was also recommended by kevinneci on NYC board as being a 5 minute walk to Vinyl and a cool place to hang. It is a small lounge/bar with great bar staff, great for a meet-up/hang out.

2. Church Lounge

2 6th Avenue

The picture of this place looks very nice on the Citysearch web site they have a wide range of martini's and such, mixed crowd. The reviews were very good for this place, they said this place is very nice and the drinks are nice, also if I am reading correctly there is a patio with a garden at this palce. The only thing about this place, is that they drinks might be pricey...

3. Nancy Whiskey Pub

1 Lispenard Street

This place is a pub that has $6 pitchers of beer, it has been called a dive, but again kevinneci is going to be hanging here before he goes to Vinyl. It is again within walking distance to Vinyl, the reviews for this place were again along the lines of this being a good place to go to drink, but it is a dive. But cheap beer always works for me, my taste buds do not discriminate.... lol

Okay, I will tell you guys, here is my choices in order of where I would go first.

1. Tribeca Lounge

2. Nancy Whiskey Pub

3. Church Lounge.

I am thinking this because I really would like to go to a nice place but don't want to spend too much $$. Let me know what you guys want to do, I would like to set this in stone before I leave work tomorrow so that we know where to meet-up and at what time. I am think around 11ish Saturday night.

Jessica

My choices are the same as yours Jess:

1. Tribeca Lounge

2. Nancy Whiskey Pub

3. Church Lounge.

I'm all for cheap beer ($6 pitchers are heaven!), but usually if I'm going to a club, and ESPECIALLY if we're going to booze-less Vinyl I'll be in mixed drink/martini mode!

With the Tribeca Lounge being a 5 min. walk from Vinyl, we really can't go wrong. Church's Lounge sounds cool too, but I'd just assume go to Tribeca if we were going to go there.

I hope Danny's rested up for Saturday, I want him to DESTROY us!!! :D

See you boozehounds on Saturday :tongue:

Originally posted by a1wave

i'm all for close proximity to vinyl.. so tribeca lounge sounds good...

after i catch up on my lack on sleep last night... i will definitely be ready for DH! :)

What did you do last night??

I didn't have a lack of sleep last night, but I definitely had a MAJOR lack of sobriety!

Yesterday was new keg day... and we broke that sucker in something fierce last night!!

Actually, maybe I didn't get much sleep last night... I don't really remember going to bed!!! :eek::drunk:

Okay then the Tribeca Lounge it is, I think that sounds like the best place for us to go to. Unless anyone has a valid reason why we shouldn't go there, then that's where it will be. I would have to saw anytime after 11, we should get there, and hang for a bit. What time do you guys think we should get to Vinyl?

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

What did you do last night??

I didn't have a lack of sleep last night, but I definitely had a MAJOR lack of sobriety!

Yesterday was new keg day... and we broke that sucker in something fierce last night!!

Actually, maybe I didn't get much sleep last night... I don't really remember going to bed!!! :eek::drunk:

i can barely write this i'm sooooo tired.. i hung out at matt murphy's in brookline and drank a lot of beer... somehow i managed not to go to sleep till like 6 -6:30am. hanging out with people.... and had to get up at 8am.. a fun but loooooooooong night...

I'm in on this one.

I will already be back in NY this weekend but if anyone wants to meet somewhere off I-84 and ride in together we could do that. (I-84 is quicker than I-95 if you have the choice)

My suggestions:

-pm me your full names and I will get them on the reduced list. Just have to get in through the door before 1am.

-I suggest we get to Vinyl just after 11, get reduced admission, meet up there, get the hand stamp, then head out to the bars for a few hours. As long as we re-enter before 4 we don't have to pay again.

-as for bars, I suggest Puffy's Tavern and/or Antartica . Puffy's is two blocks down (towards WTC) right on Hudson Street. Antartica is also on Hudson 3 or 4 blocks up from Vinyl. Both are much closer than the Tribeca Tavern, but whichever. There is another bar I always see when I park that is even closer (just around the block from Vinyl) but I don't remember it's name right now. Very cool place.

I hope you guys are in it till close like I am. I don't want anyone wimping out at 6am !

:smoke:

Originally posted by teamj5

I'm in on this one.

I will already be back in NY this weekend but if anyone wants to meet somewhere off I-84 and ride in together we could do that. (I-84 is quicker than I-95 if you have the choice)

My suggestions:

-pm me your full names and I will get them on the reduced list. Just have to get in through the door before 1am.

-I suggest we get to Vinyl just after 11, get reduced admission, meet up there, get the hand stamp, then head out to the bars for a few hours. As long as we re-enter before 4 we don't have to pay again.

-as for bars, I suggest Puffy's Tavern and/or Antartica . Puffy's is two blocks down (towards WTC) right on Hudson Street. Antartica is also on Hudson 3 or 4 blocks up from Vinyl. Both are much closer than the Tribeca Tavern, but whichever. There is another bar I always see when I park that is even closer (just around the block from Vinyl) but I don't remember it's name right now. Very cool place.

I hope you guys are in it till close like I am. I don't want anyone wimping out at 6am !

The only thing I have against meeting at Vinyl, is that unless everyone can get there around the same time, then some people might be waiting and things might get a little messed up. Like you said plans sometimes inadvertantly change, and you really can't do much about it. Otherwise that sounds like a great idea, and I am up for going any where and having drinks, I haven't been in the area of Vinyl too many times, so I will trust you...;)

I am going to be closing the place out, my boyfriend won't let me leave before closing. He doesn't believe in it!!! So I will be there until the end, you mark my words... lol:tongue:

Hey guys, I wish today was Friday. I really can't wait to go to NY and have a really fun weekend. Hopefully, we can decide by the end of work today where we are going to meet up!!

Jessica

This all sounds good to me. I wasn't sure if you could re-enter at Vinyl... but since you can, going there early, getting on the reduced list, then coming back a little later on sounds like a great idea. Although, I did hear that DH is supposedly spinning with no warm-up guys, but even if he does the first hour or two doesn't even count (I've heard he plays different stuff to start off the night, like disco-house and synthpop stuff (not that I mind synthpop :tongue: ).

I think since most of us will have cell phones on us anyway, we'd be able to figure something out. If we all agreed to chill at Vinyl for about a half-hour or so (I mean, it won't really be all that bad listening to a little music and just chilling out). Then from there we could head to whatever bar we choose.

Basically, I'm down for anything. Just let me know!

teamj - you've got PMs

So do we want to decide to meet-up at Vinyl, inside after 11 or so? Then once we are in there we can all leave together and go somewhere and grab a few drinks? Are we positive about this re-entry policy? I would hate to get there to find out that we can't leave unless we want to pay to get back in. But meeting inside shouldn't be too hard. Is this what we want to do?

Jessica

as far as i know... the re-entry policy is real... the only catch is that you must stand in line outside like everyone else.. just don't have to pay again.. so that's something to consider...teamj5, is this true?

so meet-up in vinyl.. so who is definitely in so we know who to expect?

so far it sounds like...

prplhz, teamj5, nyis4, kaydup, a1 (plus friends of these)... who else??? danysh? cocoj?

We all have cell phone #'s of each other, so why don't we try to touch base sometime on Saturday. But as of right now, we will meet up inside of Vinyl sometime after 11 or so. I will be with me and three others, so expect to see me there.

Originally posted by a1wave

so far it sounds like...

prplhz, teamj5, nyis4, kaydup, a1 (plus friends of these)... who else??? danysh? cocoj?

I haven't talked to cocoj/tom since Friday, at which time they said they weren't sure if they were going or not. Either way, we'll just meet them in there once we get back from the bar (those 2 youngin's can't get in anyway :cool:). I'm not sure about Danysh, but I'd imagine he'd be going down with Tom and Joslyn. Not really sure....

Oh, and waiting in line probably won't be too bad since we'll still be there relatively early.

I guess we'll all see each other in Vinyl sometime after 11 (Drew, it won't be tough to find each other in there at all... the place will be totally empty).

Originally posted by Danysh

:blown: <-- me

I have a valuation of Boston Scientific due at 12am tonight...and a ton of other work :( me thinks I might have to skip Howells :mad:

university blows.

Noooooooooooooooo :(

Man that sucks !

I will be there as the doors open Saturday. I did that once for Howells...from start to close...and it was a blast. We should all exchange cell phone#'s and touch base Saturday to make sure everyone is on schedule. That way if someone will be late, we can set them up with what bar we are at and they can meet us there. The doors don't always open right at 11 (big suprise) so I figure around 11:45/12 ish we head down to a bar, unless everyone is there sooner.

I suggest we hit up Antartica first and see how that goes.

After coatcheck when you walk into the club there is a speaker right at the entrance to the floor....that's the speaker I will be sitting at.

Alright I will get in touch with Carelli on Fri or Sat. Hey, will there be a dress code at any of the bars we pick? Because I just want to wear like jeans and a t shirt to Howells. And I don't want to be that guy at the place we pick.

Cant wait!!!!!!

I think everyone is pretty much wearinf jeans and some sort of tee shirt so I don't think you should have a problem Drew. We will make sure to pick a bar that dirty Drew can go to, since he won't be showering.....;):laugh:

Sounds good, can't wait to get out of here today!!!!! This weekend is going to be absolutly awesome. I haven't had a fun time like this, in a long time. Haven't been able to party all night long, in some time. This is going to be a fawking blast...