Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yo Nautilus!!! About digi cams

malanee

Originally posted by malanee

I think I've decided on the Canon Elph S200. It is really tiny - but still has video/audio capabilities. Can your friend hook a sistah up?

That's what I have. I got it cause it fits in my pocket. I hate lugging around huge cameras.

Pics are really nice on it, too. You can even turn it off automatic mode and adjust the exposure settings by hand. Really cool for taking night photos.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

That's what I have. I got it cause it fits in my pocket. I hate lugging around huge cameras.

Pics are really nice on it, too. You can even turn it off automatic mode and adjust the exposure settings by hand. Really cool for taking night photos.

does it have video?

Oops my baad, I didn't read what malanee said, but just to answer my own question, yes it does have video!!

Couple things to note, too. BUY A MEMORY CARD! I have the 128MB card, which was like 80 bucks extra. The 8MB card won't hold many pics.

Also, after you get a high capacity card, set your camera to SUPERFINE mode. The pics are larger in size, but it's always easier to shrink a digital image without losing quality versus enlargening. Also, if you want to get prints made, you'll want to make sure you use Superfine mode, otherwise your pics will turn out grainy if you get them enlarged.

I'm pretty sure all S200's come with rechargeable batteries, but double check. A lot of digicams use double A's, which are pieces of crap cause if you use the LCD screen to view your pics (and you will), it'll drain the batteries dry.

The S200's rechargeable battery usually lasts me from 50-100 pics before I have to recharge, even when I use the LCD screen a lot.

Thank for the pics Shady! And now I know I can bug you w/ any questions. Did you buy a flash card w/ more memory?

Elly - they run anywhere from 329 to 450 - depending on where you get it. Ritz has them for 399 right now.

Nautilus - you rock! I may get a larger flash card too....

Originally posted by malanee

Thank for the pics Shady! And now I know I can bug you w/ any questions. Did you buy a flash card w/ more memory?

Elly - they run anywhere from 329 to 450 - depending on where you get it. Ritz has them for 399 right now.

Nautilus - you rock! I may get a larger flash card too....

My last post will answer all your questions.

Be sure to do what I say, otherwise, your first attempt at getting prints off of your digital files will be shitty.

The Canon S200 is one of the best out there, IMO. I've read good reviews. A bit pricey, but you can't find anything out there to match the size and picture quality.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

This one is a daytime, high sunlight pic of the Red Rocks Canyons right outside Vegas.

HOOLY SHIT...nice pic..that is exactly where went hiking last year..go down that hill, and climb straight up into the rocks...still got the scar on arm from a sharp rock i scraped up against!

Thanks for the replay man!

My cuz has the sony..tiny camera, 1.5" screen..depending on memory it can film 45seconds or take about a 100 regular resolution pics...that is with the standard 8mb memory chip..got it on ebay for like 300$ a couple weeks ago!