Clubplanet Nightlife Community

waaasaaaaabeeee

superfli

OMG!! Those things are the best! It's too bad they're so expensive at the Asian stores. Harry and David make some with good flavor and no MSG, but they're not as hot. Just as expensive though, go figure.

I used to hang out at a place where they kept wasabi peas on the bar for snacks. WAAAAAAAAAY better that pretzels or goldfish crackers.

Originally posted by zaguero

I prefer snacking on pork rinds..none of that fancy stuff. :rolleyes:

I love pork rinds too.

You know what else I love? Fried Chicken skin. Best part of Fried Chicken is the skin. So I've been tossing around this idea for years. If people can make money selling pork rinds, which is just fried pig skin, why can't you package up fried chicken skin and sell that? I think there's a market for that!

Originally posted by zaguero

I prefer snacking on pork rinds..none of that fancy stuff. :rolleyes:

what type of pork rinds? the type that you can buy in the supermarket? those taset like cardboard, the good ones are when you kill the piggy and boil the skin in its own fat, or when you slow roast the piggy and then you get that crispy skin

Originally posted by vicman

what type of pork rinds? the type that you can buy in the supermarket? those taset like cardboard, the good ones are when you kill the piggy and boil the skin in its own fat, or when you slow roast the piggy and then you get that crispy skin

Ooooh! You can stop talking about that shit right now. My mouth is watering! I can just imagine eating those in a hot corn tortilla with green salsa. OH BOY!

Im going to the vending machine to get some Skittles:(

Originally posted by vicman

The best things are Hot cracklin's. deep fried pig skin straight from the slaughter house, get em' while they are still hot. You a get half pound bad of those and a case of the Beast and you there is no need for fiber in you diet for a good week.

Originally posted by nourishment

My brother used to buy pork rinds that were packaged like microwave popcorn. You put the whole bag in the zapper and nuke it for like 4 minutes and they fry up fresh.

Whole house smelled like ass, but apparently they were quite tasty.

those are good too, but it's like buying frozen white castle's, just aint the same thing when you can get them freash off the hog.

Originally posted by therunner

those are good too, but it's like buying frozen white castle's, just aint the same thing when you can get them freash off the hog.

werd. we also use the pig skin and cut it up to tiny peices and make an empanada filling with it you can alos use it for burritos and tacos, tasty stuff....i think this weekend i might actually finally go to on eof those hispanic supermarkets/butcher shoppes and see if they have any freshly fried pork rinds

Originally posted by superfli

that's right...last time i was at sonar, they had them on the bar...i think i ate the whole bowl :eek: ... trader joe's has wasabi peas too, i'm not so sure about pork rinds tho, or chicken rinds for that matter...

why arent you so sure about pork rinds or chicken rinds? hey isnt like eating lots of hot foods supposed to be bad for your gums?

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I love pork rinds too.

You know what else I love? Fried Chicken skin. Best part of Fried Chicken is the skin. So I've been tossing around this idea for years. If people can make money selling pork rinds, which is just fried pig skin, why can't you package up fried chicken skin and sell that? I think there's a market for that!

They sell fried chicken skin all over the place in Thailand (markets, carts on the side of the road...). From what I've heard it's quite common throughout the Asia.