Clubplanet Nightlife Community

saturday at five

Originally posted by scratchapella

someone asked about a saturday party. . .MARK GRANT will be at five this saturdayfor their usual house party. . .i don't know what he's been doing lately, but used to play some good house alongside gene farris back in chicago. . . i would most definitely check it out :)

I'll be there. Thanks for the info.

ooh zag. we have the same tastes! weren't you the one promoting miguel migs when he was here? who else do you dig?

i wonder if they're ever going to bring mark farina? he's listed as a resident. zag's my new house buddy. :)

Yup! I've always liked Chicago house, actually that was the first sound I heard when I got introduced to electronic music. Anywho, I have Mark Grant's new album which I dig tons cuz his taste of music is as smooth as butter. To answer you other question I also like Marcus Wyatt even though he's from the L.A. he still has that same Chicago sound IMO. I saw him spin in a club in Phoenix OMG! He tore the place up!. I also dig Carl Michael from Philly het came to the 9:30 club last year. I don't think he's well known but his music taste is just too funky to ignore. So I'll see you there on Saturday?

ooh zag. we have the same tastes! weren't you the one promoting miguel migs when he was here? who else do you dig?

i wonder if they're ever going to bring mark farina? he's listed as a resident. zag's my new house buddy. :)

I love Mark Farina. That guy plays some of the grooviest tunes. I have never seen him live but have 5 or 6 of his live sets and a few recording mixes that he has done. I hate listening to him in the car cause I don't mind being stuck in traffice and sometimes find that I amtakling the long way home on purpose.

Originally posted by zaguero

Yup! I've always liked Chicago house, actually that was the first sound I heard when I got introduced to electronic music. Anywho, I have Mark Grant's new album which I dig tons cuz his taste of music is as smooth as butter. To answer you other question I also like Marcus Wyatt even though he's from the L.A. he still has that same Chicago sound IMO. I saw him spin in a club in Phoenix OMG! He tore the place up!. I also dig Carl Michael from Philly het came to the 9:30 club last year. I don't think he's well known but his music taste is just too funky to ignore. So I'll see you there on Saturday?

Carl Micheals was at sonar like a week ago...I think. Anyway, you should keep and eye out for the healiners they bring in. All for the low price of $5.

Sopha

Originally posted by zaguero

couldn't go on saturday, out of town. but how was it?! it's been so damn long since i've heard mark grant. . .

i share this link constantly, but i love it. g-man updates this site w/old tapes that people send in or new mixes done my some of the greatest. www.deephousepage.com

deeper than what you might like, but in the same musical vein i think. . .:)