Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stryke - 93.1's favorate DJ?

fat0ny

For those of you who havent been following the news the past couple of weeks, Dj Stryke (Greg Chin) last month was forced to leave his residency at Liquid night club on south beach, due to an intervention on behalf of south florida's very own Party 93.1. Aparently the reason given for Strykes sudden termination was that south florida just wasn't ready for his "unique sound" (techno). They prefered he play commercial trance instead. Stryke, who is currently on his "Pages from the blue diary - european tour". was surprisingly voted "favorite local turntable god " by 93.1's website. Apparently South florida was very ready for his unique sound, and voiced their oppinion. Stryke who was rated 57% favorate this afternoon was up by 50% from his studio partner Oscar G. who ran in second at about 7%.

As of 3:10am (4/26/02) Stryke is currently 42% favorate, followed by Dj Concept(20%) and Oscar G(10%)

you can see it for your self @ http://party931.com/features/turntablegods.html

-fat0ny

New slogans for 93.1

" We've got our finger on the pulse of........uhm....cough....?"

" How many dj's does it take to get to the center of the club scene on Miami Beach? ...Ah one...Ah two...Ah Three..........."

" Power played 16 plus commercials last hour, we only played 5, other than the 12 we threw in promoting our station..... did I just say that out loud?"

" I'm not a Programming Director, but I play one on T.V."

" We secretly replaced these peoples quality entertainment on Saturday, with Folgers instant coffee. Let's see if they notice"

Greg’s got my vote!

Drew

Apparently, 93.1 seems to be a little worried about their pole. Last night before I went to bed Stryke was at 71%, with dj Concept running a slow second at 23%. This morning the pole has magically vanished. Guess they really aren’t interested in who are favorite local dj is. Or maybe they just can’t stand the fact that regardless of how hard they try to conform South Florida to what is happening in other cities across this country, they fail to realize the rest of the country has been taking cues from us for several years now. There Programming Direct Phil Michaels Trueba (his e-mail) (tell him what you think) is better suited to organize the music for weddings and bah mitzvahs, not happening night spots on South Beach.

It’s to bad actually. 93.1 could have been part of the team that revolutionized entertainment on South Beach. Now they just get to be 93.1 with a big “L†on their forehead.

Like my momma always said, “Stupid is as Stupid doesâ€. – My friend Forest

Drew

Drew... I greatly appreciate your participation in this thing. I myself am a huge fan of Dj Stryke, as well as a good friend to him. This 93.1 thing has been bothering me ever since before they started broadcasting. What they did to Greg really is not only a slap in the face to him... but all of us that apreciate his work, and all of us who appreciate good music. This station is the anti-music station. They are Pro-mainstream, but most of all Pro-profit. 8 commercials an hour isent too much, But im sure that they are worth their pritty penny. What they have done is a disgrace to all of us that want to open our minds and ears, and hear something a little different. and a little better than what they play on the radio.

DONT STOP VOTING. They may be able to hide the link off their main page but they cant fool an old geek : P

http://party931.com/features/turntablegods.html

Vote for stryke

due to an intervention on behalf of south florida's very own Party 93.1. Aparently the reason given for Strykes sudden termination was that south florida just wasn't ready for his "unique sound" (techno). They prefered he play commercial trance instead.

Since when does 93.1 make decisions on what resident should spin on what night?? Someone needs to step up and take control of their club...

Politics of Dancing. no pun intended. Well, maybe a little. Heres the thing: Stryke was playing at Liquid before 93.1 got their claws into the program. With all of the publicity coming from 93.1 in favor of liquid after they had arrived the station had the club by the balls pritty much. So when the station decided on their own that miami wasent ready for techno and wanted stryke to play commercial trance (iio rapture, Castles in the sky, etc.) the station gave a choice.. stryke or them. Billy Shaw the owner of liquid.. had to make a choice. Publicity or integrity. Guess which one he chose. So instead of having stryke play on saturdays or anyother day they gave him the boot. On very.. very short notice, and quite unprofessionally. So they traded him for Spundae (which stryke brought in) and edgar v and company.