Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LoOKing for a quik weekend getaway??

ellywelly

... for those of you who want to get away from city and relax in a tranquil environment I truly recommend going to Shanandoah Park. It's only 2 hours away from D.C. and there's tons of activities.. such as hiking, horse back riding, canoeing... and the view from the mountains is simply breath taking.

Originally posted by ellywelly

... for those of you who want to get away from city and relax in a tranquil environment I truly recommend going to Shanandoah Park. It's only 2 hours away from D.C. and there's tons of activities.. such as hiking, horse back riding, canoeing... and the view from the mountains is simply breath taking.

I was there a few weekends ago too - it was pretty, even with the weekend rain that we got....and it was cool to see the rain moving through the valley before it hit.

On the same nature vein - has anyone ever been to Berkeley Springs?

Originally posted by sillyrabbit

On the same nature vein - has anyone ever been to Berkeley Springs?

nope, but i have been to silver springs, springfield & colorado springs :D

i dont like country that much, i am a city person, i need concrete, i breathe smog

I was there a few weekends ago too - it was pretty, even with the weekend rain that we got....and it was cool to see the rain moving through the valley before it hit.

yes! I saw the tornado as it was heading towards the east... I got it on tape. It was a great scene atlthough a horrible outcome :( :(

Originally posted by vicman

nope, but i have been to silver springs, springfield & colorado springs :D

i dont like country that much, i am a city person, i need concrete, i breathe smog

Yeah, I like the city a lot more - but my new b.f. has this thing for nature....seems to appreciate trees and wildlife. Me- give me a good old crack head anyday over a critter....plus my lungs just can't function on that pure O2.

Yeah, I like the city a lot more - but my new b.f. has this thing for nature....seems to appreciate trees and wildlife. Me- give me a good old crack head anyday over a critter....plus my lungs just can't function on that pure O2.

my last gf was like that...i dumped her ass soon after I discovered she was a nature freak. :D

I wouldn't trade the city for anything... but getting away once in a while and do outdoor stuff is good for the body and mind ;)

if the place I'm at in the woods has a 128 inch TV with Direct TV, fully stocked pantry, bar, I think I could manage that :D

ugghhh!:rolleyes:

naw I'm kidding...I'm just trying to get to 5,000 posts ASAP...I love to go tubing, and white water rafting...in other words I have to do something, samething goes for the city, if I'm stuck in the 'burbs with no public transportation and no car, miles from where all the action is, I would get bored regardless.

I wouldn't trade the city for anything... but getting away once in a while and do outdoor stuff is good for the body and mind ;)

that's why my ass is moving to denver...f**k the overpopulated east coast :D

Originally posted by spinsaikel

Move to baltimore...get shot.....pick up some heroin.

oh but i do live in baltimore...the open air drug market, which is what the book "the corner" (i think that's the name) is based on, is only a couple blocks west of me...then there's the low income housing a couple blocks south...north is shock trauma and the umd hospital, so all kinds of loonies there...and to the east isn't so bad, camden yards....the CITY THAT READS, woohooo!! :D

Originally posted by spinsaikel

Move to baltimore...get shot.....pick up some heroin.

oh yeah i forgot, you can also pick up some tuberculosis and maybe some syphilis while you're in the city...that's what i always forget when i go to the grocery store...