Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinybutterfli

Lineups for Five?

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I haven't heard anything about the club (minus Scratch's post the other day). Just wondering what was going on over there....

M3 has stuff going on there on Saturdays and they have some hip hop stuff on Fridays there...the line ups are usually in the City Paper...or try lemurgene.com

(i swear i do not work for these people, but i always refernce people there for stuff going on in the DC area)

Originally posted by vicman

M3 has stuff going on there on Saturdays and they have some hip hop stuff on Fridays there...the line ups are usually in the City Paper...or try lemurgene.com

(i swear i do not work for these people, but i always refernce people there for stuff going on in the DC area)

I think you get LemurKickbacks....fess up....

Opps maybe I should have posted a review of last Saturday at 5.

I got to see Mark Grant spin lots of deep deep house for free. I got there after 11 so I was surprised I didn't pay a cover. The bad thing is that the coat check disappeared so I had to ask cutest bartender in the world :eek: if she could stash it behind the brand new bar.

I don't think they've finished remodeling but it still looks the same to me. They've added a better sound system and better lights IMO. I did notice more bass in the music it could have been some EQ tweaking.

Anyways, the club basically looks the same except for the bars being shifted were the sofas were and vice-versa. Oh yeah, under the DJ booth there's a wall of lights that make cool paterns and colors too.

The vibe at 5 is hard to feel because of all of the Club 1223 rejects that show up in the floor and just take up space so they can grind a girl into submission.:mad:

Overall, I can't really complain..heck! I got in for free to see Mark Grant which spun incredible house music. I think Tony Humphries is coming this next Saturday. If you're thinking of checking him out, let me know.

Zags ;)

"five"

wed: the curtain is pulled, closing off the dancefloor and you can expect a candle lit lounge, downtempo music with coco.

thurs: tech house / progressive

friday: Tom B. & Armageddon

sat: M3 w/ out of town guests.

May 4 - May 4th - "Those Who Know" - Session 1 - Yellorange Party -

featuring TONY HUMPHRIES,

MASTER KEV, CHRIS CONRAD & BRIAN HAMMOND

May 11 - SOUL PROVIDERS w/ JANI from amsterdam

May 18 - DAHOTA & CARL MICHEALS "2 Bitches" Tour

May 25 - AFRORIKAN VYBE - Dennis Perez & Rich Medina

sun: Sunday.Summer.Sun.Set.Session.Soiree.

Roof top party! frozen drinks and deep house on the roof deck.

5pm - 12am.

----------------

Yeah, they had their reopening this past Saturday.....and sounds like things may be on the up and up.....Let's keep our fingers crossed. ;)

Too bad I'm not any closer to DC or I'd set my cot up in there.

-YG ....House me!

:D

Originally posted by zaguero

I think Tony Humphries is coming this next Saturday. If you're thinking of checking him out, let me know.

Zags ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've been waiting for soooo fucking long to hear him! but i've got finals starting the next week. . .:(

what to do?

sat: M3 w/ out of town guests.

May 4 - May 4th - "Those Who Know" - Session 1 - Yellorange Party -

featuring TONY HUMPHRIES,

MASTER KEV, CHRIS CONRAD & BRIAN HAMMOND

also on sat since their whole crew is going to be there, their dancers are going to be performing as well! So this will definitely be off the meat hook!!!

sopha

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Anyone know where I can lineups for Five? The club is not far from my office. I noticed that they recently got a new sign. When did it reopen?

So I went to 5 last night, let me say I used to despise(sp) this place, it just went downhill and rather quickly. But they are under new management and renovated the whole place and it is like a brand new venue. They did wonders to that place and not just new paint on the walls. It has a new dancefloor, much bigger, new bars(very nice) new lighting throughout the place, new DJ booth, some funky lights below it, it much easier to walk through and more open bigtime. It's a very nice mix, not upscale by any means, but not grungy either. The rooftop also has a Dj booth with 2 bars, it wasn't open last night but we had a tour of it. Thursdays they will be having a new party there, I think it's called Solid, it's like $5 to get in and should be good. It actually had a good vibe last night. TyT will be spinning there among other Dj's on thursdays. And they will now have bathrooms on the bottom floor and they took down a wall upstairs, so it's more open up there too. Ok very hungover and haven't done a thing, but thats my brief review and overall I was impressed with what they did to that place!!

Originally posted by pgiddy

Thursdays they will be having a new party there, I think it's called Solid, it's like $5 to get in and should be good. It actually had a good vibe last night. TyT will be spinning there among other Dj's on thursdays.

someone else might be spinning there also