Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If somebody is interressed in how many records a dj...

fredv

I should have about 6000 records and the only cds I use are unreleased tracks from bedrock rec. yoshitoshi,.... I only play cds for a label that worth it.!!!! It's an average for all the dj's in europe and once you come a star, you should have over 10000

records easely.

Hope that answer cans help you.

Fred.

P.S.

And to answer to an old topic :

Edgard V isn't the kind of dj's that we book in europe or in basics club even if he's not so bad. I'd rather listen to him than Oscar G.. The space made a mistake.Go on Edgard V. Actually it's the only one local dj that I apprecriate here but I didn't hear everybody so I'll make a review in a couple of weeks about it.

How can you make a comparison between Edgar & Oscar?? Two different styles.. Both are praised localy & beyond...

Not quite sure what you mean when you say Edgar isn't the type of DJ you book in Europe & that you'd rather listen to Edgar as opposed to Oscar. Your writing isn't clear & I am a bit confused... They both have done their share of touring & have played with the likes of many great ones.

Oscar just so happens to have held residencies in a few "small" venues like MINISTRY OF SOUND, PACHA, TWILO, ECHOES & is our top resident (CLUB SPACE)... Not to mention his successful productions (no need to mention). Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Edgar, recently played along side a dj you might know, by the name of Paul Van Dyk << isn't he from that side of the world??

Tell you what, try standing behind Oscar one night & watch him work @ his set. If you still feel he hasn't impressed u then I suggest you open a School for Djs & teach us all the fundamentals of Electronic Music...

Maybe his style isn't the style u prefer, but europe & the U.S. sure tends to appreciate him...

I guess I'll start collecting records now, so by the time i hit 30 I can have over 10,000 records, not touch a turn table a still be a star by "euro standards"...:blank:

Maybe you are confused because my English isn't perfect because my native language is French.

I don't want you to misunderstand me, I don't say anything wrong against those dj's, but I am European and I know what's going on there and I know that Edgard or Oscar aren't known at all there because their style don't match with the Europe, It doesn't mean that there are wrong.

But from a personnal point of view, it's been more than 10 years that I am involved in the electronic music and I am not impressed by Oscar or Edgard, and my preference is for Edgard and beyond the music they play, it's the way they play it, that is important for me and I am sorry, Oscar has a lot of things to learn and it should be good if they could go more often in Europe because the Euro scene is a 100 times tougher than here, because house music is in our cultur for so many years and we know the past and the present, that means that a dj can't save his ass with a classic like Gusto(like he does at space) and you can't hold a crowd dancing the way he does it.

I repeat, there's nothing wrong with their music, everybody has his own style but it's the way they play it, only.

If there's any question, I'll answer, Maybe I just don't use the right words and it sounds bad for you.

There is nothing wrong with your opinion & Im not questioning how hard the European market is. Nor am I comparing Europe to the US. However, why would MOS, Pacha & others grant Oscar a residency if they thought he wasn't worthy & if they felt Europe doesn't have a demand for his sound??

beyond the music they play, it's the way they play it, that is important for me and I am sorry, Oscar has a lot of things to learn

Please specify the way they play it... What do u mean?? the way they put their set together?? The way they add their trademark to or touch up every track during their set?? :confused:

I highly doubt Oscar uses any track in specific to save his ass & in my opinion, he's held that crowd dancing for sometime now...

P.s. not many djs can keep the crowd's attention in the blue room @ Space for 8 hours+ the way Oscar does... Try keeping them till 10am+... Even some of the big boys have a hard time with it. It's the hardest room to play @ Space, but if you nail it, they'll be there till Cristmas...