Clubplanet Nightlife Community

looking for Gay clubs, bar in NY. Any info welcome

XL is a really nice bar to check out. I believe it's on 17th St. near 9th Ave, but I'm not 100% sure. Either way, good decor, crowd and music there, and a very good happy hour. Also, depending on your scene, Roxy and Exit both have their big gay nights (albeit Exit's Sunday morning Junior Vasquez really doesn't get going till about 8am).

Pyramid is nowhere near Chelsea and it's kind of a dump. Anyway, it's on Avenue A between 6th and 7th and has gay night on Fridays (I believe); Also, Club Flamingo has poprocks on Thursday nights....very young, very horny crowd listening to really bad Britney Spears remixes. That ones on 2nd Ave between 13th and 14th.

Guest tilly

XL is a nice place...

it's on 16th between 8th and 9th..closer to 9th.

it's more of an upscale kinda clean crowd...the lighting is great and the bartenders are topless...not to mention the fishtank in the bathroom...

what a place!!!

:D

Originally posted by tilly

XL is a nice place...

it's on 16th between 8th and 9th..closer to 9th.

it's more of an upscale kinda clean crowd...the lighting is great and the bartenders are topless...not to mention the fishtank in the bathroom...

what a place!!!

:D

Hey Deb! How are those breaks treating ya? ;):)

bluetang: My bad! Brickhouse is right - Pyramid isn't in Chelsea. Oops.:)

So seems like Pyramid is out.

I went to the SBNY website and the club looks pretty cool.. Will probably check out Splash.

As for Roxy and XL... how's the clowds there? young? mixed? nice?

I read some reviews of clubs and some of them has major attitude... I'm looking for clubs without stupid attitudes. :)

There is Jay's on 14 and 9th that is an after hours club open everyday from 12 am-10am mon through sun.

West village the monster is a cool place.

THe stonewall" in the west vill

THe hanger" 2 for 1 4.50 drinkies...

splash no longer exists....

view on 21st and 8th ave.

tool on the upper east side.

Susanne Barch parties... wed 9-5am 133 west 33rd.

many clubs have gay nights like centrofly..

henrietas on the hudson....

meo mix.....

Guest tilly

Hey Peg..doing well doing well...hit me up a pm or drop me a call sometime and we can catch up. :)

anyway, the crowd at XL is a clean upscalish kinda crowd ages ranging from mid 20's upwards to 40's (i've only been once though).

My friend comes in from London at least once a month in his early 30's and that is his favorite place to go.

have fun where ever it may be!

Roxy Saturdays has the best gay dance party running period! It's on 19th and 11th Ave. Every Saturday night....big club...good vibe....very gay but lots of fun.....oh...and great HOUSE music! Of course if you still have energy go to EXIT/Earth for Vasquez on 55th and 11th Ave afterhours.:)

No doubt Earth on Sunday (don't even think about going b4 8 am!!!)...Heaven on 6th Ave ain't to bad for a low key night. For a TOTAL pickup spot I think Splash is a good one and so is G (I think that is what it is called - just a bar) HAVE FUN WHILE IN NYC!!! :D

-Jamms :tongue: