Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I hate my dad...

dgmodel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dgmodel

My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy - the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

:laugh:

Originally posted by dgmodel

i know... im coping/dealing with it... just i get envious/jealous in way cause i see other ppl with their parents and they have a tight relationship or like a buddy buddy type of thing going on... and im stuck with this nonesense... eh i dont know... i dont care anymore... i had it up to here with this nonesense... i shouldnt have come back... but live and learn... hey sassa want a roommate?

. . . I know I'm late to the party on this one . . . but I've been trying to tackle this thread as best I can . . . It hits waaay to close to home . . .

. . . The people you see out and about . . . the typical "family" unit that is all happy and suburban and shit . . . Well . . . They're the one's who were lucky enough to have all the cards dealt right for EVERYTHING . . mommy got her princesses and daddy got his good heterosexual, football playing son . . .

. . .In reality , this happens maybe one out of every 100 cases . . .

. . .Many have been on the receiving end of many a parental insecurity and guilt trip . . . Many have seen it all . . . You think you got it bad? . . . Try a woman who's so bitter about the fact that she didn't end up living on an estate in Connecticut, married to some soccer playing dentist named James while gleefully entertaining her listless suburbanite wife friends while they talk about stupid shit like interior decor and who's upgrading to the new SL500 . . . A woman so horribly afflicted by the fact that she didn't attain "status" that she feels the need to drink herself to levels that not even the saltiest pirate of the bunch could take her to the floor . . .

. . . Think of a woman who was so dissapointed that her son didn't grow up to emulate that soccer playing dentist . . . Never became student body president . . .Never went to a top Northeastern school . . . Never grew up to be 6'4" and handsome . . . I could go on . . . That she feels the need to take all of her insecurities about imagined shortcomings in life out on her kids . . .

. . . Think of this woman . . . Picture her in your head . . . See her as she points her finger at her son calling him a "fat sack of shit" because he's got a weight problem . . . SEE HER point her finger at her daughter and do the same . . . oh, but that's right, add HOODLUM ontop of that "fat" insult because she (her daughter) isn't the greatest student, didn't drive the flashiest car and didn't sport the nicest clothes . . and therefore had to find acceptance with "those" people cause the popular kids wouldn't let her into the clique . . .

. . . See her broken down and sitting in the corner, wondering "why me" . . and pleading to the heavens about it . . SEE HER LOOK TO GOD AND ASK HIM WHY OH WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME? . . . WHY? . . WHY? . . . .

. . . And then see the father . . . a man who's only drive, his only need is to provide . . . See him clash with her because he's not as "cultured" as she would like him to be . . . See her cry because she married a guy from the Bronx who wasn't up to her social status . . . and then got SUCKERED into raising two children in the process . . .

. . . SEE THAT 24 YEARS OF PAIN . . .

. . and then ask yourself. . . does it matter? . . .

. . . so it goes . . .

-Phunk

im sorry to hear your situation... i feel for you chief... ironic/funny thing is my parents story is similar... my dad WAS a well to do photographer/something to do with tv, worked for 13 and some other jazz... lived in grammercy park, drove a jag... big willie type of ish... now the women hes seeing... some persian chic daughter of an oil baron, loaded like a drugdealers gun... etc...

now comes in woman two... aspiring model/ghetto queen, poor as hell...(won beauty contests attained the title of "Brooklyn Queen" similar to i guess or comparable to a miss newyork title i guess... remember a while back they had those aluminum foil excersice suits??? this woman was the model for them...) blah blah... etc.. so my dad winds up marrying the latter b/c my grandparents told him to due to being the same race/religion and etc... now they both are old bitter ppl you realise that they fucked up and are sepertated but living together out of convenience... and now everyday after i guess i get the brunt of it... oh well... (i guess this is why im so open minded and free spirited and look at the entire package as opposed to just the shortterm and aesthetics seeing how things turn out when you dont)

but as for your post... I REALLY FEEL YOU on it... wish i could help you out... but one thing i know for sure.... for a fact even... is that i will NEVER NEVER NEVER ever follow in suit... everything i do, or at this stage in life plan to do... will be for the benefit of my children and the love of my life...

you know whats funny??? life switches... how little things through out the course of your life are life switches... how this little action or reaction changes your entire life... like job taken or not taken, girl kissed, girl missed... one married the one you passed up... blah etc... i wish there was a map or a layout of these so called "life switches" and you could use it to plan your life or guide you into your own utopia... oh well... i guess we'll have to make due with out...

Originally posted by sassa

wow...seems like a lot of people have domestic abuse and family problems....just hope that their faults don't become your own one day with your own (future, hopefully!) children....

it's raining today...fucking nasty weather!

I have a feeling the percentages of people with family problems/abuse/emotional disorders/drug addictions/etc... are extremely high in this scene...

I don't think successful, unsuccessful, black, white, yellow, orange...whatever....really makes a difference in this sort of thing.

I don't think many have a "normal" family life. I don't think it has much to do with the "scene" either...

I think it's a simple fact of people, our parents, falling into certain unexplainable traps in life. I'm sure many of us will fall into similar traps....I just hope that the generations that follow all learn from our mistakes...

...on a somewhat "brighter" note...((if that's even possible))....don't you guys think you've learned from what we've seen and experienced so far? I think many of us have great expectations on life partners and where those paths lead....and a lot of us are determined and headstrong on finding what leads to those paths...A lot of us seem to stick to our own expectations on where we want our lives to go....

???

speaking from experience...life / my parents was hell...left me fucked up for life...the best thing i ever did was move out when i graduated from hi school...my mom and i now talk and respect each other though we will never have a great relationship...

my parents had bad childhd too but no reason to take it out on me:(

me best advice MOV OUt...things will improve...promise...as far as daddy goes i tried talking to him...when i moved out i didn't like him but i still loved him...that was four yrs ago...last converstaon i had w/ dad went something like this (on my b-day)

him: i told u never to call me..bitch

me: fu...hope ur plane crashes & ur the only one that dies (horrible, i know) fu...fu....fu....i hate u!

he lauged

noew he's gone : )

w/ age i thought that we could work things out bc he was my dad...some ppl are just born assholes & some relationships cant be fixed...

good luck....