Clubplanet Nightlife Community

reviews of Lawler

Kuro

i just read some of the revies on the NY CP board, seems like the same BS as always, some say they liked him, that he tore it up, etc., etc., others that he sucked ass..i dunno, but if I cant stop moving to the music all night long, to me that means that he was pretty darn good.

I see a few are suffereing from back pain, feet pain, shoulder pain, ass pain....i thik i wouldve probably dropped like 20lbs if i wouldve gone.

Originally posted by vicman

i just read some of the revies on the NY CP board, seems like the same BS as always, some say they liked him, that he tore it up, etc., etc., others that he sucked ass..i dunno, but if I cant stop moving to the music all night long, to me that means that he was pretty darn good.

BS, huh? god forbid we have a lot more people on the NY board, with a lot more different tastes and opinions...

i havent read them yet...i'll see what they have to say, hopefully nautilus isnt to cracked out so he can give us a review sometime during the day

Well, basically i would have to agree with what most people said on NY board. Lawler was great, but not amazing. For most of the night music sounded kinda monotonous (sp?). Although, the night did have its great moments, like when he dropped Depeche Mode's "Its No Good" (club 69 Mix?), Green Velvet's "La La Land" and i think some Kylie Minogue song mixed by Scumfrog (Love at First Sight?). Also, i noticed that everytime i go to Vynil, the crowd and the energy at that place gets worse and worse. Until about 5AM it was impossible to dance - people kept walking across the dance floor - i had to get on the speaker and dance there for most of the night. I noticed some people were dressed like tribesman, wearing grass skirts and painted faces - i thought it was cool. Later on i read it was some CP'ers from NY. I also met a lot of other people from all over the place, including some hotties;) . so, the final verdict is: even though Lawler was not at its best, i still had a lot of fun. No regrets.

Originally posted by highmay

BS, huh? god forbid we have a lot more people on the NY board, with a lot more different tastes and opinions...

well your in Philly, anyway, I say its BS because countless times have I met people that on a particular night seem like they are having fun, dancing, enjoying the music, at the end of thenight they are drenched in sweat from the dancing etc, etc, and then a couple of days later, they diss the dj, well needless to say critiquing is awfully simple to do, but when the critiques fall on you its different.

when i go to club, the best way i measure if the dj is good or not, is whether he made me dance. if the music is good and he makes me dance all night, then he's good, if he plays crap and i cant get into the music, either i'm in the wrong club, or th dj was not good.

so i read the critiques as what they are, personal opinions of individuals on a particular subject. i'll seelawler here in 2 weeks, and i'm sure that i'll be dancing al night long, unless he's as bad as people make him out to be last Saturday.

anyway nautilus, get any pics of the hotties?

well your in Philly, anyway, I say its BS because countless times have I met people that on a particular night seem like they are having fun, dancing, enjoying the music, at the end of thenight they are drenched in sweat from the dancing etc, etc, and then a couple of days later, they diss the dj, well needless to say critiquing is awfully simple to do, but when the critiques fall on you its different.

when i go to club, the best way i measure if the dj is good or not, is whether he made me dance. if the music is good and he makes me dance all night, then he's good, if he plays crap and i cant get into the music, either i'm in the wrong club, or th dj was not good.

so i read the critiques as what they are, personal opinions of individuals on a particular subject. i'll seelawler here in 2 weeks, and i'm sure that i'll be dancing al night long, unless he's as bad as people make him out to be last Saturday.

Words of wisdom Vic!

:confused: uh vic, bro...i'm a born and bred new yorker...philly is vacation for me until i graduate...

i dont think you can say that their reviews are BS if you dont know them, which is key to examining their perception of things...

and im pretty sure every person who thought lawler sucked didnt sweat their ass off dancing, but left the club and caught an early nap like some of my friends did...

you could only call out reviews that are BS if you know who those people actually are...