Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone ever been to the fdr memorial?

weyes

'k, i only get to dc every couple of years, but when i last went, i got to see the fdr memorial when it was newnewnew. holy crap, people, if you haven't been there (and i wonder if residents of dc really go to all of the memorials and museums - do you?) it's totally worth it just for the ridiculously oversized statue of the greatest first pet ever, fala the scottie.

that was one damn cute dog.

:D I've been there! I was there last month while I was admiring the cherry blossoms. Yes, the dog is very cute! LOL I have a pic somewhere... I'll see if I can dig it up.

I've been living in DC for about 14 years now and I've never been inside the White House... or to the top of the Washington Monument but I have been to all the musuems. I just recently visited the American History museum. They have Dorothy's ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz :D

One of the guards told me that they will be opening up a September 11th exhibit on the one year anniversary this year.

i visited all the sites, museums, memorials and what not the first time i lived in the dc area when i was here for an internship, now that i live here, beyond walking around in the mall and the capitol area when i lived around eastern market, i havent really visited any of the monuments or museums. there are stilla few that i havent visited, like the Holaucust museum.

i went to the fdr when it first opened and it's the most unique memorial here in dc . . .

my sis works in the white house so i get to go in whenever . . .

last time was for christmas, mmwwwhahaha . . .

Originally posted by eggmok

i went to the fdr when it first opened and it's the most unique memorial here in dc . . .

my sis works in the white house so i get to go in whenever . . .

last time was for christmas, mmwwwhahaha . . .

So Egg how about you get me in that place. I have a few words for Dubbya. Maybe we could chill there sometime, I'll bring the red bulls I owe you and you bring your glow sticks........

As for the memorials and stuff, I've seen them all, I drive by them at least once a week....

Originally posted by pgiddy

So Egg how about you get me in that place. I have a few words for Dubbya. Maybe we could chill there sometime, I'll bring the red bulls I owe you and you bring your glow sticks........

you guys would put on a light show for Bush? would he be :roll: ?

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

:D I've been there! I was there last month while I was admiring the cherry blossoms. Yes, the dog is very cute! LOL I have a pic somewhere... I'll see if I can dig it up.

I've been living in DC for about 14 years now and I've never been inside the White House... or to the top of the Washington Monument but I have been to all the musuems. I just recently visited the American History museum. They have Dorothy's ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz :D

One of the guards told me that they will be opening up a September 11th exhibit on the one year anniversary this year.

The natural museum of history and science has the Hope Diamond. It's worth the free admission just to see that thing.

I spent two days back in the winter just walking through all the museums and stuff, had a great time and almost learned something while I was there.

Originally posted by therunner

The natural museum of history and science has the Hope Diamond. It's worth the free admission just to see that thing.

I spent two days back in the winter just walking through all the museums and stuff, had a great time and almost learned something while I was there.

I've seen the Hope Diamond. Pretty cool. My favorite is the Air & Space musuem but I really like the Museum of Natural History too.

If anyone is looking for free entertainment, you should definitely check out the museums!