Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Mods... (yeah, cars are a form of sex... eat me)

joeg

Ok, so my test pipe will be here wed. (to replace my crappy restrictive cat, which is clogged anyhow... and killing my boost)

apparently, all I have to do is "use a 1/4 watt 1000megaohm resistor from radioshack, install that onto the 12v wire of the o2 sensor" to stop the check engine light from going off... we'll see how that goes, I guess...

AND

a HBC manual boost controller later in the week/next week...

Originally posted by joeg

Ok, so my test pipe will be here wed. (to replace my crappy restrictive cat, which is clogged anyhow... and killing my boost)

apparently, all I have to do is "use a 1/4 watt 1000megaohm resistor from radioshack, install that onto the 12v wire of the o2 sensor" to stop the check engine light from going off... we'll see how that goes, I guess...

AND

. . .listen . . just don't get dead trying to put this thing in . . ok? . .

Originally posted by phatman

what'd ya think a dungeonite would say to that...

btw...spiderman, spiderman...you goin chief?

yup, i'll be there!

speaking of which.. why hasn't spiderapples responded to this? or his dorky henchmen.... ( :tongue: )

Originally posted by gambitrah

goodluck with that test pipe..i put a 3" on my full 3" exh and man it sounds wicked..plus the hp gain is nice...fuck those tree huggin hippies i want HP!

Yeah, I need to save a little cash, i'm gonna get a full 3", no cat, ported o2 housing, ported turbo housing, and new ceramic coated exhaust manifold...

kat: not bad... pretty classy kit... bitchass kitten!

Yeah, I need to save a little cash, i'm gonna get a full 3", no cat, ported o2 housing, ported turbo housing, and new ceramic coated exhaust manifold...

nice..i got the same thing..port matches the o2 and turbo (16g from mitsu) and 2g exh mani as well...and 3" back to a magnaflow 3" muffler...sounds nice...i hate the rice sound..this is just about how i like it...loud as fuck in the cab when i WOT tho..o well :)

ceramic coating the mani is a good idea...i take it u are doing this heat reasons...what gains will it give..or does it just look pretty? with my setup i have to keep the stock heat shields in place (92 talon) or i melt the fans and radiator eventually...its all good enuf for a high 12\low 13 1/4 at 5280 ft above sea level..so im happy :)

considering a stock porsche 911 tt was clocked at 13 1/4 up here...makes me smile

nice..i got the same thing..port matches the o2 and turbo (16g from mitsu) and 2g exh mani as well...and 3" back to a magnaflow 3" muffler...sounds nice...i hate the rice sound..this is just about how i like it...loud as fuck in the cab when i WOT tho..o well :)

ceramic coating the mani is a good idea...i take it u are doing this heat reasons...what gains will it give..or does it just look pretty? with my setup i have to keep the stock heat shields in place (92 talon) or i melt the fans and radiator eventually...its all good enuf for a high 12\low 13 1/4 at 5280 ft above sea level..so im happy :)

considering a stock porsche 911 tt was clocked at 13 1/4 up here...makes me smile

I was thinking ceramic coating because my current exhaust manifold is leaking... (i'm guessing rust or just abuse...)

You have a DSM? what year/model?

mmmmm 16g...

I still have my crappy garret t25...

I was thinking ceramic coating because my current exhaust manifold is leaking... (i'm guessing rust or just abuse...)

You have a DSM? what year/model?

mmmmm 16g...

I still have my crappy garret t25...

bummer bout the t turbo..small but ok for stock..i have a 92TSI (talon)..i had the same problem with the stock exh mani..they sucked ass and cracked like a MF...go buy a used 2g mani (1995 + year) for @ $100 and get it ported and your set..wont crack..im runnin well over 350HP and mine is fine..the 2g oness are made from a better mixture of metals and i havent seen one crack yet..would be hella cheaper then ceramic coating a already defective piece of metal..itll leak eventually

bummer bout the t turbo..small but ok for stock..i have a 92TSI (talon)..i had the same problem with the stock exh mani..they sucked ass and cracked like a MF...go buy a used 2g mani (1995 + year) for @ $100 and get it ported and your set..wont crack..im runnin well over 350HP and mine is fine..the 2g oness are made from a better mixture of metals and i havent seen one crack yet..would be hella cheaper then ceramic coating a already defective piece of metal..itll leak eventually

I have a 95 Tsi AWD... I'm gonna need to get a new manifold... maybe i'll just get another stock one and port it like you said..

350hp, hahaha god I love the 4g63...

let me know how it all works out Joey. I had a problem with a restrictive primary cat, so i just took a crowbar and went to work.

Now i have a restrictive secondary cat... ah well. Either way i've got to get a new exhaust.

Originally posted by cintron

let me know how it all works out Joey. I had a problem with a restrictive primary cat, so i just took a crowbar and went to work.

Now i have a restrictive secondary cat... ah well. Either way i've got to get a new exhaust.

I'm pretty sure I only have 1 cat, and that bitch is getting yanked on thur... Can't wait to get that race pipe in there... i'm gonna come home tomorrow like a kid at christmas and rip open the box...

fucking radioshack doesn't have that resistor... gotta find one, and fast...

AND

damn 1000 M ohm you might as well just cut the wire, no current is gonna choose that path.

fucking radioshack doesn't have that resistor... gotta find one, and fast...

im no 2g DSM pro but the only real reason to worry about that light is for emissions...and u obviously wont pass the visual inspection..do what i did...get flanges on a 3" cat ($100 for the cat) and flanges on the pipe..and when u wanna go get emissions done u rewire it and swap em out..take less then a few min...

u could gut a 3" cat but it wouldnt be the even straight through u want..but it would be almost as good.. .even if the cat is gutted...

check out www.dsm.org theyll have the answer (and part # prob to)

im no 2g DSM pro but the only real reason to worry about that light is for emissions...and u obviously wont pass the visual inspection..do what i did...get flanges on a 3" cat ($100 for the cat) and flanges on the pipe..and when u wanna go get emissions done u rewire it and swap em out..take less then a few min...

u could gut a 3" cat but it wouldnt be the even straight through u want..but it would be almost as good.. .even if the cat is gutted...

check out www.dsm.org theyll have the answer (and part # prob to)

I already pay a guy to pass my car for inspection... so it might aswell have the headers come through the hood... :laugh:

maybe i'll just take the bulb out or something... I don't want to see "check engine" all the time...

Originally posted by wideskies

the crappy restrictive 'bitch' cat is being yanked on thursday?

*laughing* okay nevermind.

:laugh: :laugh:

uh oh, I think we've stumbled into that "cars as a euphemism" zone... :D

I already pay a guy to pass my car for inspection... so it might aswell have the headers come through the hood... :laugh:

maybe i'll just take the bulb out or something... I don't want to see "check engine" all the time...

hehhe right on..last time i got emissions i had my lowpro 17's on and the guy looked under the car and said "is that 3" or 4" exhaust?" I tell him full 3"..he looks under again and asks "thats a cat right?" i told him "yah man, its a 3" HKS StraightThrough cat..new tech man its sick shit"

nothing about this car is legal emissions wise but yet it runs cleaner then the brand new Audi that came in before it...

tune it right and itll drive forever :)