Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where to go?

sxyaznchiq

When are you coming up, how much money do you want to spend, what kind of club are you looking for?

As for clubs, Avalon on Friday is def. the biggest night going on in the city (lots of big-name DJs, huge crowd, 4 dif. clubs on one admission). As for shopping... all you have to know is Newbury St. (any and every shop/store you'd ever want, all on one street). Restaurants... that all depends on the money and kind of food you're looking for. But I guess if you're in Boston you should definitely get some sea food... I'd suggest the Atlantic Fish Co. if you can swing it... Legal Seafoods is good, but slipping in my opinion.

Have a blast when you come out here!

-Brian

clubs - i'd prefer smaller, more intimate lounge-type places, but i could definitely be into going to a bigger one. i mainly like deep house, but like to go out and hear some harder sounds once in a while.

restaurants - i eat almost anything :biggrin: money isn't that big of an issue, but i'd rather not spend over 50$ on a dinner.

Originally posted by prplhz

Did you get all that Brian???:confused::laugh:

Yeah I am interested to see how he answers this one. And she likes to have a nice bottle of wine with dinner also, so don't forget that one:laugh: :laugh:

Have no fear guys, I'm all over it :tongue:

Deep house is tough to find in Boston (kind of sad, really). But, if I had to pick a place that would suit your tastes, I'd say try checking out Aria, or possibly Pravda. Their smaller clubs, play loungey music early, then pick it up a bit more as the night goes on (I can only speak for Aria, I've never been to Pravda. Somehow I feel like I know what it's all about though...) Still though, if you're looking for a really good time at a club, you won't be Avaland Fridays. Check out Embassy and The Modern while you're there... smaller clubs, good people, good music.

As for restaurants, that's pretty much wide open. I'd suggest Fire and Ice. It's a fun, somewhat touristy place with decent prices. Also, if it's nice out, go to lunch at one of the Cafe/Restaurants on Newbury Street, I'd recommend Sonsie (that way you kill two birds with one stone... eating and shopping!)

Oh, and if you've never been to Boston, make sure to hit-up the Fanuel Hall/Quincy Market area on the weekend. More good, fun outdoor shopping, good food, lots of good bars and it has that historic, Boston feel to it. I always take my friends from out of town there and they always seem to enjoy it!

Anything I missed?? ;)

Originally posted by kaydup

Yeah I am interested to see how he answers this one. And she likes to have a nice bottle of wine with dinner also, so don't forget that one:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: Screw the wine!! If you're in Beantown for the weekend get a Harpoon UFO! Everyone loves it and you can't get it outside of new england.. yet!!

I'm going to apply for a job with the Globe A&E department... I think I've finally found my calling! :idea:

I think you covered all bases, I hope she is satisfied with that. Next thing will be, oh well I wasn't looking for a place in Boston, it was more like a club in Saugus, something golden palace something.....:confused:

Originally posted by kaydup

actually, i'd prefer a bud w/ my McDs happy meal...

:vomit2:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Have no fear guys, I'm all over it :tongue:

Deep house is tough to find in Boston (kind of sad, really). But, if I had to pick a place that would suit your tastes, I'd say try checking out Aria, or possibly Pravda. Their smaller clubs, play loungey music early, then pick it up a bit more as the night goes on (I can only speak for Aria, I've never been to Pravda. Somehow I feel like I know what it's all about though...) Still though, if you're looking for a really good time at a club, you won't be Avaland Fridays. Check out Embassy and The Modern while you're there... smaller clubs, good people, good music.

As for restaurants, that's pretty much wide open. I'd suggest Fire and Ice. It's a fun, somewhat touristy place with decent prices. Also, if it's nice out, go to lunch at one of the Cafe/Restaurants on Newbury Street, I'd recommend Sonsie (that way you kill two birds with one stone... eating and shopping!)

Oh, and if you've never been to Boston, make sure to hit-up the Fanuel Hall/Quincy Market area on the weekend. More good, fun outdoor shopping, good food, lots of good bars and it has that historic, Boston feel to it. I always take my friends from out of town there and they always seem to enjoy it!

Anything I missed?? ;)

thanks for the info :D