Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone know of a ripper for mac to convert AIff to mp3

hmmm the only thing that I know of on the Mac side that will do that conversion is ProTools (its the industry standard for in studio audio editing, so its not a bad thing to learn anyways...) you can get a free version of it at http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/ but i dont know if its going to be able to do what you want to do. If the free version can do it, to convert aiff to mp3 you would have to

-open a new protools 'session'

-import a new stereo track with the source being your .aiff file

-'bounce the session to disk' as an mp3, OR if protools demo wont let you, then save it as a .wav and get a little freeware mp3 encoder.

the cool thing about doing it with protools is that you can make edits to your music before you make them into an mp3.

If you wouldnt' mind making the conversion on the PC side of things, you can get a copy of Cool Edit 2000 which will do basicly the same thing, or just get the PC version of ProTools :)

if you got any more ?'s shoot me an email and i'll try and help you out.

Bern

-

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . um guys . . I really don't think this guy has a few grand to plunk down just to convert MP3's . . .

ummm...go back and read my post, i directed the original person who posted to go and get the FREE version of protools :) Digidesign has a version you can download, that will run forever (not just a trial or anything) that will work with a regular sound card so that people can learn the system on their own computers.

Bern