Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you had the money....

would you go under the knife?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. would you go under the knife?

• yes
    • no

Originally posted by ellywelly

would you get surgery to change something about your appearance. If so... what?

I would... a nose job

you still have not voted on your poll.

i wouldnt, 'cos I'm perfect just the way i am :D

Sure. The human body is just a collection of parts, so if we have the technology to change them, and you have the money to pay for it, then why not? Of course, one should only do it for the right reasons. Someone thinking about going under the knife should first ask themselves: "why?" I think many people have psychological and emotional issues that lead them to it, and that's a very wrong path to take. OTOH, if someone is mentally and emotionally healthy, has the money and wants to have some work done to improve themselves, they should. Never forget though, it is surgery, it's invasive and it's painful.

Originally posted by crank47

Sure. The human body is just a collection of parts, so if we have the technology to change them, and you have the money to pay for it, then why not? Of course, one should only do it for the right reasons. Someone thinking about going under the knife should first ask themselves: "why?" I think many people have psychological and emotional issues that lead them to it, and that a very wrong path to take. OTOH, if someone is mentally and emotionally healthy, has the money and wants to have some work done to improve themselves, they should. Never forget though, it is surgery, it's invasive and it's painful.

cranck got me thinking. i mean, i would do it if i got burned and needed plastic surgery or if i wanted to be like my hero John Holmes.:D

Originally posted by vicman

cranck got me thinking. i mean, i would do it if i got burned and needed plastic surgery or if i wanted to be like my hero John Holmes.:D

Yeah, no problems in fixing some disfigurement from an accident.

i wouldn't do any plastic surgery, but i had two moles removed when i was around twelve years old 'cause i was embarassed about them. still, though, that's a bit different 'cause moles can turn into malignant melanomas, and removing them just kept me from having to watch them my whole life. little did i know, however, that there would be scars left in their place.

I'll be honest, I'd would most certainly go under the knife. When I have some extra cash I'm getting a nose job and my teeth fixed! I'm all about cosmetic denistry- I want the Hollywood smile..........(It's somehting I have always been self concious about).

It's actually not even that expensive

Rhinoplasty- 5k

Porcelin veneers- 2k

For 10 grand I can get fixed up real nice and have money left over for a weeklong trip to Ibiza.

Those were obnoxious and exaggerted. I just want nice teeth. I read an article about it in Men's Health, and you'd be surprised how many celebrities in hollywood have had their teeth capped. It's a pretty common procedure.

Originally posted by joeygk

For 10 grand I can get fixed up real nice and have money left over for a weeklong trip to Ibiza.

Yes.. and plenty of chicas that will fall inlove with your hollywood smile ;)

Thanks for the prices Joeygk... 5K sounds reasonable. Whats wrong with my nose you ask Kuro? Everything that could possibly be wrong with a nose!!:(

Those were obnoxious and exaggerted.

Well, yeah, that's what made it so funny! :grin:

I agree with you completely though. I'm all for cosmetic dentistry. I mean, you don't want to end up in the ol' "Big Book of British Teeth." :D

AHH- the "Big Book of British Smiles," we have a Simpson's fan in the house ladies and gentlemen.

I can't stand bad teeth - and mine are jacked- so I can't wait to get it taken care of. The funny thing is I had braces for 3 years- and they are still screwed up! I wonder if I can sue by orthodontist, for maybe some kind of breach of implied warranty? (I so should of payed attention in contracts- eh that's what Bar review is for)

AHH- the "Big Book of British Smiles," we have a Simpson's fan in the house ladies and gentlemen.

I can't stand bad teeth - and mine are jacked- so I can't wait to get it taken care of. The funny thing is I had braces for 3 years- and they are still screwed up! I wonder if I can sue by orthodontist, for maybe some kind of breach of implied warranty? (I so should of payed attention in contracts- eh that's what Bar review is for)

I had one f'ed up tooth that braces didn't fix for me either. Got a veneer on it and now have a great smile. :D

Hope you signed up for BarBri your first year and locked in the price. I could have saved myself some nice $$$ had I not waited till 2nd year. Don't forget PMBR for the multi-state stuff either.

Originally posted by ellywelly

Whats wrong with my nose you ask Kuro? Everything that could possibly be wrong with a nose!!:(

I've seen you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with your face. So unless there's an unseen defect with your nose that keeps you from breathing or something I'd say skip the rhinoplasty.

Originally posted by crank47

Hope you signed up for BarBri your first year and locked in the price. I could have saved myself some nice $$$ had I not waited till 2nd year. Don't forget PMBR for the multi-state stuff either.

I don't even know what I signed up for anymore, between Barbri, MPRE and PMBR------->I don't even know anymore. Plus, I have no clue where I'm going to take the Bar exam anyways, which doesn't help any. Since I'm graduating in December I guess I better get on top of that????????

Crank- how does DC work? Do you have to take a seperate test, or do they let you waive in from another State?

I don't even know what I signed up for anymore, between Barbri, MPRE and PMBR------->I don't even know anymore. Plus, I have no clue where I'm going to take the Bar exam anyways, which doesn't help any. Since I'm graduating in December I guess I better get on top of that????????

Crank- how does DC work? Do you have to take a seperate test, or do they let you waive in from another State?

I'd sign up for BarBri asap, if you already haven't. They cover every state and they let you switch. Switching state reviews may change the price though. BarBri throws in the MPRE review (I think it was like a 3 hour thing a week before the test) for free. Check my info with a rep though, I sat for the Bar back in '97, but I'm pretty sure it all still works the same. PMBR should be taken while you study for the Bar. Take the second PMBR session that comes up about half-way through the BarBri review. Don't take the BarBri multi-state review. They charge you extra and it's not as good as PMBR.

You can sit for DC, though most don't. The DC Bar has very liberal waiver rules so pick another biggie on the east coast (I usually see NY, NJ, MA), pass that and waive into DC. All DC firms will pay your DC bar admission/waiver fees ($500-$1000 usually, depends on which state you're waiving in from). Since I'm a gov't attorney, I just have to have a license from any jurisdiction (I'm NY) and don't have to worry about waiving into DC (though they really push you to). I do use the DC Bar for my CLE stuff. I've noticed that most "locals" passed the Bar in MD or VA, then waived into DC.

FL used to be a problem state, and may still be. FL didn't reciprocate on waiver so DC didn't allow it. FL folks had to sit for the DC Bar. This might have changed, but unless FL changed their reciprocation rules, I doubt it. BarBri puts out a great magazine type-thing that lists all the Bar requirements and waiver rules for every jurisdiction. You should be able to get one from a rep and they always have them laying around the BarBri office.

My head hurts---------->that seems like a lot of work. I'm only 23 maybe I'll go back and just get my MBA.

**Crank~ thanks for the info! I've been really ignoring the reality of the situation for some time now. Yes- I've already signed up for BarBri- I locked the price in back when I was a 1L. I signed up to take the NY bar. (They said I can switch anytime, for a nominal fee, it's no big deal). I'm not to worried about the whole FL thing either b/c there is no way I'm taking the Bar down here, I'm not staying after school's over.

My head hurts---------->that seems like a lot of work. I'm only 23 maybe I'll go back and just get my MBA.

**Crank~ thanks for the info! I've been really ignoring the reality of the situation for some time now. Yes- I've already signed up for BarBri- I locked the price in back when I was a 1L. I signed up to take the NY bar. (They said I can switch anytime, for a nominal fee, it's no big deal). I'm not to worried about the whole FL thing either b/c there is no way I'm taking the Bar down here, I'm not staying after school's over.

gawddamit, all this lawyer talk is nauseating me :blown: i have enough lawyers in my family..i cant deal...i just cant deal...:( ..is there a shrink on this board?