Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dummy's Guide to Burning CD's

ok, i must first include a note of acknowledgment and a disclaimer: all my info comes from mister shadygroove himself, so any problems/misinformation you'll have to blast HIM for, i'm just the messenger;) ok, onward:

TO BURN A CD FROM A CD YOU ALREADY HAVE BUT YOU ONLY HAVE ONE CD-RW DRIVE:

1) go to www.download.com

2) download and install a program called cdex

3) insert your original cd

4) cdex will read the original track(s)

5) select them all

6) umm...i forget the exact steps but basically you can either rip the tracks from the cd and keep as the original .wav files (do this if you're gonna burn to another cd) or convert into .mp3 files

7) i think that's it

now that you have the tracks on your hard drive, you want to burn onto a blank cd

you need another program to do this, nero is the one i and shady both use, but you cannot just download this, you need to either buy it or find a nice buddy who will loan it to you (and you need the serial number)

1) install Nero

2) follow the wizard to burn an audio cd

3) starting with track TWO, highlight the second track all the way through the last track

4) right-click and hit "Properties" or it might be "Pause"

5) you wanna find where it has the "Pause" option and the default is two seconds - change it to zero

6) burn away

VOILA!

sorry, i know these aren't quite specific at points, but you get the idea:)

If you have Nero, just use the copy disc option from the wizard. It'll have you insert the original, it'll rip to the HD (temp folder), then have you put in a blank, to which it'll record to. Makes perfect copies with no pauses (unless they were on the original). I use it all the time to make "back-ups." :D

I know EZCD Creator has a similar option too.

Originally posted by crank47

If you have Nero, just use the copy disc option from the wizard. It'll have you insert the original, it'll rip to the HD (temp folder), then have you put in a blank, to which it'll record to. Makes perfect copies with no pauses (unless they were on the original). I use it all the time to make "back-ups." :D

I know EZCD Creator has a similar option too.

oh SHITE man...i TOLD shady that i couldn't believe nero couldn't do that and that i had to download another program...silly shady:rolleyes:

okay, no need to download cdex then

Guest jroo

this is what i want to know. i had a problem the other day. i made a cd. it works great. i wanted to put the songs on my friends computer. that's where the problem was. apparently the songs got burned as .cda its stands for cd audio, and they are read only, of course. but how come i couldnt just drag the tracks off of the cd and put them on the desk top? i could get the name to come up in the player of my friends computer but there were no minutes or bytes or anything stored on the computer, and then it would only play if the cd was in the computer. like it was a link to the cd drive. what the fuck?, over.

Originally posted by jroo

this is what i want to know. i had a problem the other day. i made a cd. it works great. i wanted to put the songs on my friends computer. that's where the problem was. apparently the songs got burned as .cda its stands for cd audio, and they are read only, of course. but how come i couldnt just drag the tracks off of the cd and put them on the desk top? i could get the name to come up in the player of my friends computer but there were no minutes or bytes or anything stored on the computer, and then it would only play if the cd was in the computer. like it was a link to the cd drive. what the fuck?, over.

I've never been able to just drag tracks off a cd and have it automatically rip, except on a mac. I've found that on a pc I have to use some program to rip the tracks onto my hd in mp3 or wav. I guess it could also be some of that new copy protection bs too.

shady told me .cda files are like a table of contents. you can't just drag and drop, you need to rip the tracks using nero, cdex, or another similar program.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

shady told me .cda files are like a table of contents. you can't just drag and drop, you need to rip the tracks using nero, cdex, or another similar program.

Yeah, it's called CD Audio, cause, well, it's CD Audio. Your computer won't be able to play it back or do anything with it other than just point itself back to the CD. So, you need to rip the shit off the CD into MP3 or WAV format, so your computer can understand it.

You can then put it back onto another CD if it's a WAV file, because your CD burning software will create the CDA files off the WAV.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yeah, it's called CD Audio, cause, well, it's CD Audio. Your computer won't be able to play it back or do anything with it other than just point itself back to the CD. So, you need to rip the shit off the CD into MP3 or WAV format, so your computer can understand it.

You can then put it back onto another CD if it's a WAV file, because your CD burning software will create the CDA files off the WAV.

alright, and nero isnt free? give me a name of a good free one, please.

alright, and nero isnt free? give me a name of a good free one, please.

try searching the net for a crack...i've found crackz for cuteftp and a bunch of other programs...there's gotta be one out there somewhere :D

Originally posted by superfli

try searching the net for a crack...i've found crackz for cuteftp and a bunch of other programs...there's gotta be one out there somewhere :D

I have a license key generator for Nero somewhere. Can't find it right now, and I'm out of the office for the weekend in a few minutes. But maybe on Monday.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I have a license key generator for Nero somewhere. Can't find it right now, and I'm out of the office for the weekend in a few minutes. But maybe on Monday.

could you please update the weather report before you leave or post it tomorrow?