Clubplanet Nightlife Community

record labels in dc

Originally posted by MadamMillie

stellar is a LABEL?

addictive is dc-based? (i guess that makes sense)

hmmm...thanks bud:)

any budding producers ever had any luck w/ randomly mailing labels w/ tracks?

(obviously, this is not for me but for a friend)

stellar definitely is a label

stellar is a LABEL?

Yeah, Stellar is a label.

Addictive may technically be based in NYC, I'm not sure. But considering Saeed & Palash are from DC, you could make a case for DC.

Yoshi takes demos. So does Stellar. Actually, they all do. But it probably makes sense to target labels that fit your friend's style. Like don't expect Addictive to listen to something that's not tribal.

If your buddy has a track he really likes, he should get a batch of vinyl pressed. I think there's a place in Philly. Once he gets the vinyl pressed, he should give me a copy, give Buster a copy, and drop off a bunch at Yoshi and see if they'll stock the shelves for him. At least, that's what I'd do. :D

I am the PR person for Stellar, and we are indeed a record label.

Stellar Records is exclusively distributed by Unique Distribution in the UK.

And we take demos and love new talent...

Send to:

Stellar Records

c/o Seann Graddy

21067 Stanford Sq #402

Dulles VA 20166

:cool:

stellar is a LABEL?

a friend of a freind that i got a chance to meet during WMC told me that he mailed his stuff a whole bunch of labels and went to wmc last year (2001). although he's more a producer, eventually 2 of his demo's got into the hands of Pete Tongsmanager , who passed it to Tong who put it on air.... and he's been mixing stuff for WOW, Tiesto, Choakenfold, for the past year.

Therees a stoiry on him on Mixer mag from march I think....the one that Tong is on the front, there is an article on Tong and within that article there is an article on him...cant recal his name exactly..somethin' Gabriel or Gabriel somethin'...dammit I cat remember...dammit I'm gunna stop :roll:

More Stellar news...PERFECTO and BEDROCK have signed exclusive tracks to their most recent mix compilations!

Also, whoever wants to come out to Solid tonight at 5 let me know, I will put you on the list!;)

SOLID Thursdays!!

Situated in DC's most fashionable club district, FIVE has reopened with an incredible new face and a weekly calendar to impress! And as the only club in the "18th Street Triangle" to have the authentic nightclub architecture without the pretentious dress code requirement, FIVE is launched to set a new standard in DC's club culture!

Join STELLAR and BUILDING SOUND as we

set the pace for this summer's hottest new club night!

S O L I D

DC's new Thursday night club-weekly dedicated to showcasing the upfrontsounds of Tech and Progressive House. The start of this new club night will sure to please the connoisseurs of the

"techie-deep-groovy-tribal-bottom-heavy" sounds, which are unique to DC,and the absolute definition of SOLID! Alongside the resident DJs, special monthly national and international SUPER DJs will also be appearing!

Resident DJs:

KEITH GARDNER (Building Sound / Solid, DC)

&

TY T (Stellar / Balance / Solid, DC)

Look out for the street fliers, the GRAND OPENING and the 2xCD mixed by

KEITH GARDNER & TY T entitled 'SOLID'.

>==============

>S O L I D

>==============

>21 to enter w/ Proper ID

>NO DRESS CODE

>10PM - 3AM

>$5 entry / FREE Before 11PM

>==============

>S O L I D

>==============

>FIVE

>1214 B 18th St N.W.

>Washington DC

>==============

>S O L I D

>==============

>FIVE has been completely remodeled with a larger dance floor, new

>intelligent lighting, customized sound and a new staff!

>==============

>S O L I D

>==============

Originally posted by mizsupersonic

More Stellar news...PERFECTO and BEDROCK have signed exclusive tracks to their most recent mix compilations!

Also, whoever wants to come out to Solid tonight at 5 let me know, I will put you on the list!;)

i might hit that up in a couple of weeks and make it an ultra long weekend for me, memorial day weekend...damn i'm gunna party too much that weekend as it is :(

Originally posted by vicman

i might hit that up in a couple of weeks and make it an ultra long weekend for me, memorial day weekend...damn i'm gunna party too much that weekend as it is :(

why not tonight, whats the big deal, what do you have to do??? You can still go out tomorrow and Saturday, I do it every weekend.....so I'm sure you can handle it. Drink before you go $5 to get in, chill and listen to some music,sure beats sitting home...

Originally posted by pgiddy

why not tonight, whats the big deal, what do you have to do??? You can still go out tomorrow and Saturday, I do it every weekend.....so I'm sure you can handle it. Drink before you go $5 to get in, chill and listen to some music,sure beats sitting home...

got meetings all day long tommorow from 10:30 until 4, so i wont be able to wing it by sitting in my computer logged on to CP while i pretend to work all day.

and i'm waking up at 4:30 tommorrow to work out.

rest assure that i will hit that place up quite frequently on thursdays

Originally posted by sialater18

I just started interning at yoshi today! Hehehe working for free but it's all good...

listen, does anyone know anyone who needs a vocalist?

I can sing and want to sing! c'mon!

-Sia

Motherfucker. I'd be ecstatic to intern for free at yoshi.