Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the weekend?

a1wave

hey peeps.. what's up? how was the weekend? anyone go to see hawtin? how was the show?

i had a fantastic weekend down in dc... it was a friend's 30th b-day .. friday night started off with a private b-day party in a bar with our friends dj-ing... moved to nation/buzz for scott henry and feelgood (feelgood not so good, but we were in VIP so it didn't matter).. and then got alex whalen (a well known yoshitoshi dj) to come over to my friend's house and spin afterhours...... he played us a ten-hour set, his longest set ever.... almost 80 records.... the party that just wouldn't end!!

woohoooo....... anyone else have any fun???

Yeah Friday was a good time. Started off with Carelli and I drinking it up before we hit up Avalon for Ali. Got over there and walked right in, which was sweet;) Heard Ali throw down some good beats and tease us for this Fri. Hung out with Tdawg and Venus for some shots. Then headed over to Hawtin, who was good. But the man was having some problems with his final scratch program I found out after, so sometimes it sounded off.

But all in all a good night, and I lost Carelli at the end. Where did you go???

Good hanging with you guys Fri:D

My friday night went very different from what Drew described. Mine was kind of like this:

I hung out at my place early in the night... had a couple of beers, had a Jack and Coke, running late, never got a chance to grab something to eat... ran to Drew's place. Drew made me two ball-grabbing Red Bull and Vodkas, and well... this is where the night gets VERY hazy. I remember getting into avalon for free which was sweet, then I remember chilling in the club.... vaguely. I have a brief recollection of hearing and seeing Hawtin. He looked funny as hell in the DJ booth with his crazy glasses and all. The music was ok from what I remember... I don't think I was blown away or anything (then again, maybe I was... who knows!?!)

Then I woke up on my couch at like 5 in the morning with all of my clothes (including shoes) on. Where the hell did my Friday night go!?!!? Drew, I was hoping you would know how the hell I got home :laugh: What the hell were in those red bull and vodkas!?!!?! Oh, wait... probably vodka.

I found two passes to Rise in my shirt pocket and got a flashback of some guys giving us passes Drew. I think the one guy said he promoted for Rise or something :confused:

Shots with tdawg couldn't have helped.... tdawg it was nice to meet you (I think it was nice anyway... maybe it was awful, I don't really know :tongue: )

so yeah, that was my lack of a night. No dinner + red bull = a missing Friday!

Anyway, I'm going to beautiful Dublin, Ohio this week for training so I won't be on here much.. probably not at all. Have a fun week and I hope to see all of you @ Rise (my plane lands at 12:40 am Friday night... I'm going straight home from the airport, then straight to the club!) No way am I missing Ali!! :D:cool:

: :laugh: :laugh: omfg that is soooooooo funny. I didn't eat a damn thing either, and the 3 drinks before you came over didn't help either! Yeah you know what I lost some of that night, but I stumbled across the street and crashed in bed. And my head was ready to explode Sat morning. :laugh: :laugh: it was fun though

omg I just remembered all the free drinks we had, remember being up stairs in Axis getting free drinks:laugh: 80's music:laugh:

Free Drinks!?!?! I definitely don't remember free drinks!! Good God, the last thing we needed that night was free drinks! That's hilarious... I can just see us jamming out to 80s music and 180&Vodkas... talk about a dangerous night!! :laugh:

Drew we'll definitely have to do that again sometime! This time I'd actually like to remember something of the night though! :rolleyes::cool:

Originally posted by a1wave

and then got alex whalen (a well known yoshitoshi dj) to come over to my friend's house and spin afterhours...... he played us a ten-hour set, his longest set ever.... almost 80 records.... the party that just wouldn't end!!

he's probably spinning there right now..all alex whalen all the time...you guys took the dj whoring to a whole new level...i'm still cracked out :(

Originally posted by a1wave

hey vic... oh come now... it's been almost two days.. and you left early! didn't even stay till the end... wimp:tongue:

yeah, but I didnt get much sleep on saturday and sunday, i have no idea why, just couldnt get to sleep. i'm quite useless today..cant beleive you guys kidnapped Alex Whalen for a 10hr set..love the pics..from now anytime he's spinning i'm gonna go see him.