Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MTV and rap music

have had awsome hip hop shows this weekend

from the story of Biggie to the start of hip hop on MTV today

i started singing along to all the old skool rap songs, ahhh memories....rap music used to be soooo good

i just can't follow rap music anymore

Did anyone else watch that video show that used to come on one of the local stations back in the late 80's (can't remember the name for the life of me) but they used to give shout out's for like half the show from random clubs and play hip hop videos/performances the rest? I thought when I got older I'd be on there but alas, it is no more...went away with the shout out! I miss that show!

**it'll come to me eventually**

YES!!! Video Music Box...I stil have some on tape somewhere in my collection! (Thanks, Bobross! :D )

hitokiri24- I think I remember Hot Traxx...didn't it come on NBC after SNL or Apollo WAAAAAYYYY back in the 80's?! I have an old SNL video and I will check but I think I have an episode of that HT after it. ha ha good call!;)

Originally posted by hitokiri24

yeah i ain t the only 1 who remembers it i didn t remember when it came on but ur right an what bout friday night videos when it used to be good

btw does ne1 remember a cartoon called kid video? came on sat mornin

we must be kindred spirits! hee hee

Kid Video sounds vaguely familiar...

Originally posted by sprincess218

YES!!! Video Music Box...I stil have some on tape somewhere in my collection! (Thanks, Bobross! :D )

hey, no prob ;) ...its funny, i think i saw the show a couple months ago, and it still has the ghetto intro from the 80s with that deep voiced guy talkin.. but I remember I was really into "the box" (or juke box). remember that? you get to call in and dial the # of the video...

Yo Jay, what da hells hot trax? i dun rem. but yo, i have a tape of Sat morn. cartoons from '86, with commercials and everything... and I got an episode of Kid Video in there! if you wanna peep it, let me know.

it even has those "one to grow on" promos... where some celeb tells u not to do drugs or whatever.. :cool: