Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Older Clubber's Quandry

waddman136

I'm just a bit older than the average clubber - OK I was born in 1953. Yes, I can still walk unassisted. Loved Jimmy Hendrix. Loved Elvis Costello. Loved Depeche Mode. Love DJ Tiesto. Problem is, though I love to go out and dance to electronic music(house, trance, techno, etc.), everywhere I go in the Boston area I feel like the club chaperone. I have an idea that in other areas of the world there are actually large numbers of clubbing fogies like me (NYC, South Beach, LA, Amsterdam), but around Boston I've come up with nothing. Either the music's lame or the crowds all under 25. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Need to have as much fun as I can before my AARP card arrives.

I resent the term "old people". I prefer "gomer". By the way, there are actually people over 30 (and yes, you WILL BE THERE, and yes, you may still want to have a good time too) who still look good and don't degrade the club decor. I have no problem dancing like a fool and having a good time wherever I go. I'd just like to be able to rub up against someone else on the dance floor without getting arrested for child molestation.

Bingo? Bingo!! OK, I'm game (sorry). Now where can I find a bingo parlor with a light show and some nice trippy trance? Footsy under the table. Drug induced patterns on the bingo cards. The thrill of yelling "Bingo" at the top of my lungs.

Seriously though, thanks for the advice.

OK. So no one has any suggestions (of use). Here's a few clubs in the Boston area where you can actually spot an occasional over 30 clubber for any others that may happen on this thread in search of (useful) information:

- Pravda

- Aria

- Caprice

- Tantra (Saugus)

These were found after much painstaking personal research. If anyone has any more to add, please do.