Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is the most bizarre movie youve ever seen?

gothzane

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6305228876/qid=1021384728/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-2563905-3168053

"Funny Games"

watch this flick if you have any chance. this thing is fucking hardcore, in the end you just want it to end, not because it is bad, but because you just can´t take any more :shake::worry::shake:

a review i can second:

"Just when I thought I had already seen all the forms of movie violence, Michael Haneke's "Funny games" shows up. Two friendly and ordinary looking young blokes dressed in white neat clothes turn out to be a pair of sick and perverted psychopaths and the sadistic molestation, tormenting, harassment and torturing of a perfectly innocent family gets started without even a tiny warning. Although we can't practically see even a one clear act of physical violence during the entire film and we spot hardly a drop of blood, "Funny games" is probably one of the most violent films there is. It's so overfilled with mental cruelty the pressuring anxiety grows up to be something highly enormous. For example when the torturer orders the desperate mother to undress, camera only concentrates on showing her agonized and painful crying face when she strips off.

At one point the other punk even looks straight at the camera and blinks his eye - inviting the staggered viewer to join this warped madness. There are certain rules in filmmaking that "Funny games" breaks and that's the sickest part of the film. We are all used to the facts like bad guys can never be the victorious ones. It's obvious the audience clearly feels sympathy for the helpless family but this time mentally ill and distorted thugs are still represented as the heroes. "Funny games" is a confusing, shocking, curious, strong and slow but very gripping film. Naturally repulsive, cruel, disgusting, frightful and sadistic but surprisingly good - most likely because it's something totally different. I can't really compare it to anything I've seen before because it's absolutely unique in its insanity. I have no idea who can I recommend it to, though. Haneke's work has to be one of the ugliest movies ever."

The first thing that comes to mind is Shadow Hours (I think that's the name of it). *Very* bizarre, it's about this guy who works at a gas station convenience store, married to the pregnant Rebecca Gayheart. This devil character comes into his life and starts to drag him down into the seedy, hellish underbelly of society... bizarre and twisted indeed...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Naked Lunch, hands down . . . That movie skeeved me more than anything else I've ever scene . . . Talk about why you should never do heroin . . . I didn't sleep right for a week, and I was 21 at the time . . .

Hehe... don't forget about all the Mugwumps... :laugh::tongue:

Originally posted by perns2002

I SECOND THAT 100%, THAT MOVIE IS TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTWED. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS GETTING MYSELF INTO WATCHING THAT.......

I know. That exactly what I thought after I finished watching the movie. I was warned by everyone and there mother NOT to watch that movie. Even a few witches i knew told me NOT to watch it. But hey, all the more reasons TO WATCH IT!

It was twisted beyond belief. But at the same time, kind of a turn on:D

gotta be Caligula. i sat down to watch that shit, thinkin, oh how nice, a Roman type movie, must be very educational n shit, right? wrong. shit went sideways from the moment the directors name came up on the screen: Bob Guccione

that has got to be the most twisted shit ive seen, guys jackin off into a pot, and then spreading that shit on the queen or whatever she was, giant penis statues, the roman army made up of naked dudes with spears, the main dude fuckin his sister, giant lesbian orgies (the best part ;) ) penises, breasteses, pussy everywhere. they didnt teach to me about that side of the roman empire in school. shit.

oh that and Natural Born Killers, that was fucked up too.