Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MAURO PICOTTO at GLOW-DC this Saturday

MAURO PICOTTO

At GLOW

Saturday May 18th

Mauro Picotto epitomizes the contemporary 'serious' music star. He is a famous International Club DJ playing the biggest events around Europe - Homelands, Berlin Love Parade, May Day and the coolest clubs - Privilege, Slinky, Gatecrasher, BXR, Passion, Godskitchen, Space, Pacha and our own Glow. His new artist album called ‘The Others’ contains the hits, ‘Pulsar’ (Picotto Verdi Mix) & (Tiesto Mix), ‘Awesome!!!’, ‘Hong Kong’, ‘Like A Dog’, ‘Cyberfood’, ‘Joyenergizer’ (Mauro Picotto Mix), ‘Back To Cali’, ‘Verdi’, ‘Bangkok’, ‘Charm’, ‘Trasponder’ and ‘Pulsar’ (Megamind Mix). He is a Producer making both underground club tracks for the labels BXR and Nukleuz and hit cross over tracks such as 'Lizard', 'Iguana', 'Komodo', 'Baguette', Mario Piu's 'Communication' & CRW's 'I Feel Love' and 'Lovin'. He is a Remixer contributing to the success of recent hits by York, Storm and U2 – ‘New Years Dub’ for Serious Records. In addition Mauro is a successful A&R of his own record label, BXR in Italy. Mauro's single KOMODO (SAVE A SOUL) went GOLD in Germany with sales of over ¼ million, peaking at No 6 in the National Sales Chart. The single was released in the UK at the beginning of January through Nukleuz/VC and went to Number 13 in the UK chart. His Artist album 'Mauro Picotto, The Double Album' entered the German album charts at No 16 and sold 50,000 copies in its first three weeks sales. Sales of the underground compilation album 'Nukleuz Presentz… Mauro Picotto' have now reached 20,000 and entered the charts one position behind Seb Fontaine and ahead of Tall Paul! Mauro won Best International Dj at the Ericsson DJ Awards this year and won Best international producer, Best international DJ and Best track with Komodo at the German Dance Awards. Mauro will be DJing in Ibiza summer 2002 doing 12 gigs at Godskitchen, Cocoon nights and for his favorite Italian promoters. Mauro's extensive DJing schedule includes Gigs at Godskitchen and Gallery Turnmills, Golden Stoke, Passion, Glam, Hotdog, Naughty But Nice, Gatecrasher, Progress and Passion, to name a few. Mauro recently headlined VIVA's Friday Night Dance Party in Germany (No 1 Music TV station in Europe) along with a number of huge dance stars. Apparently the evening was ruined for all the other artists because the crowd was chanting ONLY for Mauro throughout the entire live broadcast! Dutch producers 'Shrink' and Pete Tong were recently quoted as describing Mauro as the 'Michael Jackson' of Dance Music - well obviously not for the way he looks!!

Panorama Productions is proud to bring you the “The Lizard Man” MAURO PICOTTO at GLOW alongside weekly resident PETE MOUTSO (Grooveman) for the biggest and best Saturday night party in the Nations Capital!

GLOW boasts a powerful, custom built, 42,000-watt EAW sound system…the only way to listen to the top DJ talent in the world. Amazing intelligent lighting, projection and laser show by LJ Alex. Come see your favorite GLOW DJ’s Mauro Picotto and Pete Moutso, spinning live on GLOW’S DJ booth, located on the dance floor.

For more info visit http://www.clubglow.com or call the info line 202-271-1171.

Glow is 18 and over.

Doors open 9pm-?

GLOW is located exclusively Saturdays at 714 6th Street NW, DC

**NEXT WEEK 5/25/02 PETE MOUTSO (Grooveman Records)**

GLOW RESIDENTS: George Acosta, Ferry Corsten, Armin van Buuren, D:Fuse,

Talla 2xlc, Cosmic Gate and Pete Moutso

Originally posted by clubglow

MAURO PICOTTO

At GLOW

Saturday May 18th

Mauro Picotto epitomizes the contemporary 'serious' music star. He is a famous International Club DJ playing the biggest events around Europe - Homelands, Berlin Love Parade, May Day and the coolest clubs - Privilege, Slinky, Gatecrasher, BXR, Passion, Godskitchen, Space, Pacha and our own Glow. His new artist album called ‘The Others’ contains the hits, ‘Pulsar’ (Picotto Verdi Mix) & (Tiesto Mix), ‘Awesome!!!’, ‘Hong Kong’, ‘Like A Dog’, ‘Cyberfood’, ‘Joyenergizer’ (Mauro Picotto Mix), ‘Back To Cali’, ‘Verdi’, ‘Bangkok’, ‘Charm’, ‘Trasponder’ and ‘Pulsar’ (Megamind Mix). He is a Producer making both underground club tracks for the labels BXR and Nukleuz and hit cross over tracks such as 'Lizard', 'Iguana', 'Komodo', 'Baguette', Mario Piu's 'Communication' & CRW's 'I Feel Love' and 'Lovin'. He is a Remixer contributing to the success of recent hits by York, Storm and U2 – ‘New Years Dub’ for Serious Records. In addition Mauro is a successful A&R of his own record label, BXR in Italy. Mauro's single KOMODO (SAVE A SOUL) went GOLD in Germany with sales of over ¼ million, peaking at No 6 in the National Sales Chart. The single was released in the UK at the beginning of January through Nukleuz/VC and went to Number 13 in the UK chart. His Artist album 'Mauro Picotto, The Double Album' entered the German album charts at No 16 and sold 50,000 copies in its first three weeks sales. Sales of the underground compilation album 'Nukleuz Presentz… Mauro Picotto' have now reached 20,000 and entered the charts one position behind Seb Fontaine and ahead of Tall Paul! Mauro won Best International Dj at the Ericsson DJ Awards this year and won Best international producer, Best international DJ and Best track with Komodo at the German Dance Awards. Mauro will be DJing in Ibiza summer 2002 doing 12 gigs at Godskitchen, Cocoon nights and for his favorite Italian promoters. Mauro's extensive DJing schedule includes Gigs at Godskitchen and Gallery Turnmills, Golden Stoke, Passion, Glam, Hotdog, Naughty But Nice, Gatecrasher, Progress and Passion, to name a few. Mauro recently headlined VIVA's Friday Night Dance Party in Germany (No 1 Music TV station in Europe) along with a number of huge dance stars. Apparently the evening was ruined for all the other artists because the crowd was chanting ONLY for Mauro throughout the entire live broadcast! Dutch producers 'Shrink' and Pete Tong were recently quoted as describing Mauro as the 'Michael Jackson' of Dance Music - well obviously not for the way he looks!!

Panorama Productions is proud to bring you the “The Lizard Man” MAURO PICOTTO at GLOW alongside weekly resident PETE MOUTSO (Grooveman) for the biggest and best Saturday night party in the Nations Capital!

GLOW boasts a powerful, custom built, 42,000-watt EAW sound system…the only way to listen to the top DJ talent in the world. Amazing intelligent lighting, projection and laser show by LJ Alex. Come see your favorite GLOW DJ’s Mauro Picotto and Pete Moutso, spinning live on GLOW’S DJ booth, located on the dance floor.

For more info visit http://www.clubglow.com or call the info line 202-271-1171.

Glow is 18 and over.

Doors open 9pm-?

GLOW is located exclusively Saturdays at 714 6th Street NW, DC

**NEXT WEEK 5/25/02 PETE MOUTSO (Grooveman Records)**

GLOW RESIDENTS: George Acosta, Ferry Corsten, Armin van Buuren, D:Fuse,

Talla 2xlc, Cosmic Gate and Pete Moutso

yea okay to sum that all up the man is GOD in the dj booth and in the studio.... makin a trip to boston on friday to see him then following him down to d.c......

in all seriousness...er.. um, if we can do that here :D who is going to this? As much as I disliked GLOW when I went there, I really want to check out Mauro Picotto so I will be there. Probably in some sort of hoochie wear since there is a dress code LOL

I think Nautilus is gonna be there and Pgiddy, did you say you were thinking of going?

I have to go get some type of protective ass gear before I go to fend off all the ass grabbers at that place!

Actually I didn't enjoy the first half of Picotto's set. It sounded like the same track being spun for a REALLY long time. I don't know... maybe it was the lack of a vibe in that place or that it was so freakin' crowded but I couldn't get into it at first. Around 3 am he picked up a lot and that's when I really started to enjoy his set. He definitely got better as the night progessed - I was very impressed with the latter part of his set.

Nice to see Chynadoll, Nautilus, Highmay, Sia, Shifterlx, Royce Haven & Pamela :D Sorry if I forgot anyone....

Originally posted by gwyllion

The guy is a fucking GOD!!! What a set on Sat. night! What did you all think? Definitely one of the best shows I've seen in a LONG while. ;)

All HAIL MAURO PICOTTO! I am there with you!!!!!

OMG......i loved it, the treble was too high and the music was a bit loud, my ears rang for a whole day...but other than that Mauro is DA MAN

Nice to see the whole CP crew this weekend..I had a blast!!

:D

CD

mauro owns!!!

I love TECHNO

sooo many damn promos

Thank GOD he played Back to cali..went nuts!!!

last hour of his set was hard as hell

GOt my records singed, got my t-shirt signed, got pics with him and jake and got my requests in!!!

I was at the front of the booth all night..wearning a burgundy tee and i was alsong requesting songs form mauro all nigth.

anyone see me???

MAURO is a BAD MAN

Mauro Picotto in DC

HOLY SHIT!! Words do not describe the music that you spun last night.... My ears are still ringing from last night!!! His sets just keep getting better and harder. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!! FAWKIN NUTS!!! thats all I have to say.The only drawback that I have is that he didnt play Hong Kong But thats ok. The whole set was unbelievable!!

I think I remeber you, you kept writing down stuff on piece and you kept showing it to Mauro all night for song requests...:)

Yes, I agree! His set did start off a bit boring, but I eventually got into the groove of things towards the end. I didn't enjoy his set as much as I did when he was in L.A. last year, but nonetheless I had a good time just being there with a good group of people! I would of enjoyed it more if the bass and trebble weren't turned up full-blast. My ears rang for an entire day. I brought my ear plugs with me, but forgot it at the hotel!!! BIG MISTAKE.

To all of you who don't know me, I was the girl wearing the cream colored thermal shirt with rouched chiffon sleeves, with medals pinned on -- not that you were on the look-out for me. ;)

Sia, it was nice to finally meet you, even though we didn't get a chance to hang-out. Maybe next time we're in DC it'll be less complicated to meet-up. :)

C

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Actually I didn't enjoy the first half of Picotto's set. It sounded like the same track being spun for a REALLY long time. I don't know... maybe it was the lack of a vibe in that place or that it was so freakin' crowded but I couldn't get into it at first. Around 3 am he picked up a lot and that's when I really started to enjoy his set. He definitely got better as the night progessed - I was very impressed with the latter part of his set.

Nice to see Chynadoll, Nautilus, Highmay, Sia, Shifterlx, Royce Haven & Pamela :D Sorry if I forgot anyone....

Originally posted by ~surreal~

To all of you who don't know me, I was the girl wearing the cream colored thermal shirt with rouched chiffon sleeves, with medals pinned on -- not that you were on the look-out for me. ;)

Yeah, i think you walked past by me... The reason i remember is because one of the medals looked like a Russian flag or at least the colors were the same. I remember wondering: Hmmm, what was that about? Sooooooo....what WAS that about?

Originally posted by nautilus60

Yeah, i think you walked past by me... The reason i remember is because one of the medals looked like a Russian flag or at least the colors were the same. I remember wondering: Hmmm, what was that about? Sooooooo....what WAS that about?

clearly nautilus is still effed' up from Saturday night

Originally posted by nautilus60

I figured since I was in DC it would be appropriate to wear -- JK. Wearing that shirt, or those pins, I should say, wasn't about anything. I never noticed that one pin looked like the Russian Federation flag, but now that you mention it I guess it does resemble it. Good eye!

If ya'll got beef with the outfit, take it up with the designer! ;):D

Dreamdrops, I shoulda asked you to take a picture of me with Mauro in the background cause I saw you. I was trying to waiting til the end of his set when there weren't that many people there... but I sorta forgot about it. Too bad, I could've had you post it for me. Anyways, good luck posting them when you get a chance - looking forward to seeing them. :D