Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Starscape or not to Starscape...

that is the question!

So I was looking at the lineup... nothing too impressive. Charles Feelgood is a big deterent after last Friday's Buzz performance. Blech! But I have heard really great things about this party. I'm still up in the air..... so what I want to know is: What's so great about this party? Why should I go? Is it worth my $40?

I am sorta intrigued by the psytrance tent idea.... so which CPers are definitely going?

Originally posted by djbuster

i'm going.

its the location that makes the party. it really is one of the most beautiful places to throw a party. i know the line-up isnt all that...but i still think that it will be worth it.

he said it...the location is prime, getting fubar outdoors makes me imagine that i'm in the 60's with all the people getting fubar outdoors.

plus i usually make a whole day out of it. drive up to b'more earlier in the day and hang out a bit (aka gettiung pre-fubar) before hitting the park....at that point i'm literally punching the park with my fists and kicking it....yes, the park, like the ground that makes up the park..the soil :(

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Charles Feelgood is a big deterent after last Friday's Buzz performance. Blech!

It's funny how people's reviews ar always wildly different. A lot of people over on the Buzz board seemed to have really liked Feelgood's set. And when Howells was hear a lot of people on the Buzz board thought he was off (which I totally disagree with). I have no opinion at all on Feelgood's set, though because I was having trouble focusing.

Originally posted by Kuro

It's funny how people's reviews ar always wildly different. A lot of people over on the Buzz board seemed to have really liked Feelgood's set. And when Howells was hear a lot of people on the Buzz board thought he was off (which I totally disagree with). I have no opinion at all on Feelgood's set, though because I was having trouble focusing.

Having trouble focusing? HAHA - I'm gonna have to use that one ;)

Yeah I saw the reviews on the Buzz board. I don't really like Feelgood's track selections. One.. maybe two "popular" (i use popular for lack of a better word) songs are okay but his set was jumbled with them. Rocketman... I like the night life baby... Wait a minute mr. postman? WTF? Is he a dj or a jukebox? Anyhow, I have seen him twice and on Friday I had to go outside because I just couldn't take it anymore. I was freezing my ass off outside but I refused to come inside because the music was so bad! HA! I finally had to give in before I turned into a popscicle!

I liked Howells set too Kuro. I was very impressed with him.

To each his/her own I guess!

Nah, I'd rather save my money for the one with Diggers and Cox - cause this time perhaps I'll get to see him. Something 2 or whatnot??? Can't remember the name. oh this is new *pad* Yep I have no idea how many posts I have but I just padded!!! So there!! :tongue:

Originally posted by sauvee88

Nah, I'd rather save my money for the one with Diggers and Cox - cause this time perhaps I'll get to see him. Something 2 or whatnot??? Can't remember the name. oh this is new *pad* Yep I have no idea how many posts I have but I just padded!!! So there!! :tongue:

Moby's Area: Two thingy, right? Yeah, I'll be at that too. Never been to the Nissan Pavillion tho.

Having trouble focusing? HAHA - I'm gonna have to use that one ;)

Yeah I saw the reviews on the Buzz board. I don't really like Feelgood's track selections. One.. maybe two "popular" (i use popular for lack of a better word) songs are okay but his set was jumbled with them. Rocketman... I like the night life baby... Wait a minute mr. postman? WTF? Is he a dj or a jukebox? Anyhow, I have seen him twice and on Friday I had to go outside because I just couldn't take it anymore. I was freezing my ass off outside but I refused to come inside because the music was so bad! HA! I finally had to give in before I turned into a popscicle!

I liked Howells set too Kuro. I was very impressed with him.

To each his/her own I guess!

yeah, the 2 of you are correct..i was even tempted to start something up over there...hilight of the night, rocketman? wtf?!?!

i like the post of the kid that "lost it" when that track...or was it hello mr. postman, wasdropped :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by crank47

Moby's Area: Two thingy, right? Yeah, I'll be at that too. Never been to the Nissan Pavillion tho.

Yeah that's on July 28 I think. I've been to Nissan before... its in the freakin' boonies. Manassas, or Stone Ridge, VA... something like that. Its an alright venue. I might go but I'd go with lawn seats.

Well Roo and Adrienne live out in the middle of the boonies and I think it may be kinda close to them. Anyways it sounds more exciting, don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind going to starscape but I'd rather save my money and see Diggers again. I mean it will be after the release of his new album so I'm sure he'll be pumped to play.

You all can tell me how starscape is. that's in two weeks right?? Perhaps I'll watch Episode II that weekend........ :D Lines should be comparable.....

Originally posted by vicman

yeah, the 2 of you are correct..i was even tempted to start something up over there...hilight of the night, rocketman? wtf?!?!

i like the post of the kid that "lost it" when that track...or was it hello mr. postman, wasdropped :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He apparently spun "here comes the rain again" I don't remember hearing it... I think my ears were probably bleeding at that point or I was already outside...

You all can tell me how starscape is. that's in two weeks right?? Perhaps I'll watch Episode II that weekend........ :D Lines should be comparable.....

I was going to wait to see Episode II till later but my roommate got us tickets to the midnight showing tomorrow night/Thursday morning. Guess who's gonna be sooooo tired at work that day? LOL Man, we are gonna have to line up forever....

I was going to wait to see Episode II till later but my roommate got us tickets to the midnight showing tomorrow night/Thursday morning. Guess who's gonna be sooooo tired at work that day? LOL Man, we are gonna have to line up forever....

I've got tickets for the noon showing this saturday at the UPTOWN. The only place to see a movie in DC!

I was going to wait to see Episode II till later but my roommate got us tickets to the midnight showing tomorrow night/Thursday morning.

WHAT???? Tell your roommate I love her and that she should dump you and take ME!!!!!!!! :D:D

Hell I would be up from 4:45 till whenever, but it would be worth it..... Movie looks REALLY good!!!!

Now I didn't say anything about plot or whatnot, but the visuals look EXCELLENT!!!! Only wish we had a place here with digital projection and THX sound!!! Then you could enjoy the movie the way it was made!

WHAT???? Tell your roommate I love her and that she should dump you and take ME!!!!!!!! :D:D

well dammit. I didn't know you wanted to go. We got the tickets last week... they were readily available on hollywood.com She bought 3 of 'em.

And NO she will not dump me for you :tongue:

Originally posted by nautilus60

Tiny, There are no two ways about it - You are going...I already told you that, i think. Or would you rather hear us telling you how great it was and wait 'til the next year to go?

selective memory? LOL Yes, you told me I HAD to go. I never like to be "could've, should've, would've..." so you know I'll probably go.

DAMMIT - these parties have got to stop happening, its a strain on my bank account and I HAVE NO SELF CONTROL!

:eek: