Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Urgent - Alert!!!!

mist

I just found out that there is a virus going around AIM and email. It takes 14 days to activate and can easily be deleted.

JUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

go to the START menu of your computer, then go to "SEARCH" search for a file called

jdbgmgr.exe

DO NOT open it, just delete it. then make sure to delete it from your recycle bin.

The virus is not detected by NORTON or McCafee, so your computer probably hasn't notified you of it. Once you get it, it goes out to all the people on your AIM buddy list and people on your email address book.

SO MAKE SURE TO TELL EVERYONE THAT IS ON YOUR AIM BUDDY LIST AND POSSIBLY EMAIL LIST.

Guys, I'm pretty sure that's a hoax. Last I heard, that email is prank, and the file is just a normal .exe file that runs nothing important on your computer but is still a part of its program. I would double check on a credible website before deleting that file.

OOPS FORGET IT, IT'S FAKE

I'm an idiot.

somone just checked up on that file, and told me it was a hoax.

from this website

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

jdbgmgr.exe file hoax

Reported on: April 12, 2002

Last Updated on: May 1, 2002 at 05:17:49 PM PDT

Symantec Security Response encourages you to ignore any messages regarding this hoax. It is harmless and is intended only to cause unwarranted concern.

Type: Hoax

This is a hoax that, like the SULFNBK.EXE Warning hoax, tries to persuade you to delete a legitimate Windows file from your computer. The file that the hoax refers to, Jdbgmgr.exe, is a Java Debugger Manager. It is a Microsoft file that is installed when you install Windows.

It has a teddy bear icon as described in the hoax:

CAUTION: Jdbgmgr.exe, like any file, can become infected by a virus. One virus in particular, W32.Efortune.31384@mm, targets this file. Norton AntiVirus has provided protection against W32.Efortune.31384@mm since May 11, 2001.

NOTE: If you have already deleted the Jdbgmgr.exe file, some Java applets may not run correctly. This is not a critical system file. The file version may vary with your operating system and version of Internet Explorer. If you want to restore the file, please contact Microsoft for instructions.

Hoax message

This hoax has appeared in several languages. Some are as follows:

English

I found the little bear in my machine because of that I am sending this message in order for you to find it in your machine. The procedure is very simple:

The objective of this e-mail is to warn all Hotmail users about a new virus that is spreading by MSN Messenger. The name of this virus is jdbgmgr.exe and it is sent automatically by the Messenger and by the address book too. The virus is not detected by McAfee or Norton and it stays quiet for 14 days before damaging the system.

The virus can be cleaned before it deletes the files from your system. In order to eliminate it, it is just necessary to do the following steps:

1. Go to Start, click "Search"

2.- In the "Files or Folders option" write the name jdbgmgr.exe

3.- Be sure that you are searching in the drive "C"

4.- Click "find now"

5.- If the virus is there (it has a little bear-like icon with the name of jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT FOR ANY REASON

6.- Right click and delete it (it will go to the Recycle bin)

7.- Go to the recycle bin and delete it or empty the recycle bin.

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS IN ALL OF YOUR SYSTEMS SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL OF YOUR CONTACTS LOCATED IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK BEFORE IT CAN CAUSE ANY DAMAGE.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Guys, I'm pretty sure that's a hoax. Last I heard, that email is prank, and the file is just a normal .exe file that runs nothing important on your computer but is still a part of its program. I would double check on a credible website before deleting that file.

yes you're right.

sorry everyone, someone just told me and I saw the file and freaked out, I didn't think to ckeck