Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Playstation 2 is now gonna be $199...

Originally posted by quoth

I think im gonna buy one. :idea:

Thank You Mr. Income Tax check.

So...any seriously good games?

GTA3? State of Emergency? GT3? suggestions?

I like sports..action..racing games.

Invest in a modchip is my suggestion.

Originally posted by roninmess

I'll give u State Of emergency for $25.

hmm....ebay has it for $15...guess i will have to buy it from there.

Too bad u dont offer price protection in yer 5-finger discounts. lol.

in all seriousness...is the game even any good? i have heard mixed reviews...i basically want tons of violence and carnage and cursing..which i the game is full of..but is it play worthy or winds up been auctioned off CP for $25? lol.

in all seriousness...is the game even any good? i have heard mixed reviews...i basically want tons of violence and carnage and cursing..which i the game is full of..but is it play worthy or winds up been auctioned off CP for $25? lol.

You want carnage and violence ~~~~~~> GRAND THEFT AUTO 3. :gang: :gang: :eek::biggun: :biggun:

Originally posted by £ddie

Invest in a modchip is my suggestion.

Besides being able to play imported games that come out way before they do domestically and are way more expensive and sometimes written in language other then english...

How else can i benefit from a modchip? :confused:

Besides being able to play imported games that come out way before they do domestically and are way more expensive and sometimes written in language other then english...

How else can i benefit from a modchip? :confused:

You don't have to buy games. You can just download them. I have like 40 games.

You don't have to buy games. You can just download them. I have like 40 games.

These are foreign games and imports by the way. Not all modchips are the same. Install it yourself and you can fry your PS2. I bought mine with one preinstalled. . . I hope no one starts preaching about copyright now. Because EVERYONE here has downloaded MP3s--it's the same thing.

These are foreign games and imports by the way. Not all modchips are the same. Install it yourself and you can fry your PS2. I bought mine with one preinstalled. . . I hope no one starts preaching about copyright now. Because EVERYONE here has downloaded MP3s--it's the same thing.

Sorry I meant to say that these are domestics and imports. The games are ripped almost immediately after released or sometimes before released. If it's a DVD game, the warez group that rips the game will strip out certain nonessential videos etc. to make the game fit on a standard CD. Most games that are released on PS2 are not DVDs so the ripped game will be a carbon copy of the original.

Originally posted by rdancer

www.modchip.com

get an external USB mod Chip for 40$ and GameShark...

I have yet to order mine I have sick connects for Ps2 Games!

I don't remember where I got mine-all the sites pretty much look the same. What I did was do a search on ps2 and modchips on google. You have to know what model PS2 you have because they are all modded differently. Usually the website will tell you how to figure that out. Like I said, it's a risky procedure, you can fuck up ur PS2 which is why I bought my preinstalled. If you don't do that, I would have someone experienced with a soldering gun do the work--it's not easy. Even with external modchips, usually it requires that you install a wire internally.

No matter what modchip you get, you're gonna need a gameshark, because you have to do a swap trick in order for the game to load. It sounds all complicated but it's not, just do some searches on google and you'll get all the info u need.

What u mean fry yer PS2? i think one of my friends recently said he did that to his as far as frying it but i didnt ask why or how...he is always tinkering with electronics anyhow..so he prolly installed it and i guess made it burn out...fuckin asshole.

Anyhow...downloading games sounds cool and all but i would have to get rid of this 56k connection first. I remember a friend who had a PS1 modchip and he rented games from Blockbuster...burned them...then returned them lol. Kid has like the whole PS1 library on blank cd's.

rdancer: whats the difference with the USB external mod as opposed to internal?

What u mean fry yer PS2? i think one of my friends recently said he did that to his as far as frying it but i didnt ask why or how...he is always tinkering with electronics anyhow..so he prolly installed it and i guess made it burn out...fuckin asshole.

Anyhow...downloading games sounds cool and all but i would have to get rid of this 56k connection first. I remember a friend who had a PS1 modchip and he rented games from Blockbuster...burned them...then returned them lol. Kid has like the whole PS1 library on blank cd's.

rdancer: whats the difference with the USB external mod as opposed to internal?

By frying I mean the PS2 won't work, Sometimes if you are not good with the soldering gun, you will apply heat to certain chips on the board which ends up fucking up the PS2. It's not as easy with the PS2 to rent the games and copy. Some games have protections on them, so U usually have to rely on the somputer geeks that rip the games to get around those restrictions. That's why u have to download them. It would definitely suck witha 56k modem. Cable is the way to go if ur downloading games.

The difference between external and internal is that internal is much harder to install. With some internal chips there are 27 wires you have to solder. That gives u a lot of opportunity to screw up. With the external chip, you only have to solder one wire to separate points on the motherboard--lot easier. Plus you will plug in this switch into the PS2 USB port that you turn on whenever you want to load up a backup game.