Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dead music styles...

Just curious if anyone else here shares an affinity for some of the older styles of electronica that don't really get produced anymore. The three that pop into my mind are Speed Garage, UK Hardcore, and Illbeint, but I'm sure there are a few others out there. Anyway, I'm still a big fan of speed garage myself and just wanted to know if anyone else out there is into some form of music you just can't seem to find around anymore these days...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by brickhouse

Just curious if anyone else here shares an affinity for some of the older styles of electronica that don't really get produced anymore. The three that pop into my mind are Speed Garage, UK Hardcore, and Illbeint, but I'm sure there are a few others out there. Anyway, I'm still a big fan of speed garage myself and just wanted to know if anyone else out there is into some form of music you just can't seem to find around anymore these days...

I've never heard of "speed garage" whats the most famous track so I can download it to see what the hell your talking about...

Originally posted by saleen351

I've never heard of "speed garage" whats the most famous track so I can download it to see what the hell your talking about...

It was basically faster house with a really deep bassline, often with either garagey vocals or samples of gunshots and sirenas and stuff. Eventually it morphed into 2-step garage, but it's making a baby comeback now...

Most famous Spped Garage track was Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar (Armand Van Helden's Dark Garage Mix). Still hear this one out every so often.

A few others that were pretty big...

CJ Bolland - Sugar is Sweeter

Double 99 - Ripgroove

Disco Babes - Vamp (Wildcat Mix)

187 Lockdown - Gunman

Boris Dlugosch - Hold Your Head Up High

Faithless - God is a DJ (Serious Danger Mix)

Gant - Sound Bwoy Burial

Amira - My Desire