Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Porter & Lawler review??????

a1wave

hey you DC peeps... so how was friday with porter and lawler? good stuff or what???

we had seb fontaine and mauro piccotto... seb only got going at the very end of a short set... BUT... you *must* catch a DJ called Ali Ajami when you have the chance... he is AWESOME! played after hours and just kicks it.. one to watch for sure

oww....good night overall, almost all of us were there...i hated that they didnt open the backroom until 12:20 or so, and changed the friggin' scedule on us last minute, since they had advertised a 4 hr Lawler set and they only put him up for 3 hrs...wtf!??!!?!?!

i'm going over the fuckin' Buzz board and complain!!!!!!

Lawler started strong, intensity went down towards the middle of his set and he picked it up at the end...have no idea when Steve Porter came on....the story of the night is that Zag showed up with a cute chick on Friday....and shady breakedanced in front of the dj booth when lawlwer was on

Originally posted by vicman

....the story of the night is that Zag showed up with a cute chick on Friday....

WTF?? how is that the story of the night??:rolleyes:

Anyway, I had great time. The music was really good but I really thought it was going to be amazing like Tenaglia or S&D. Maybe my expectations were too high or something was missing in the vibe. Still, I danced a lot got to see most of you guys there.

Originally posted by zaguero

Maybe my expectations were too high or something was missing in the vibe.

Yeah, that always happens when you come w/ a chick and you're wondering the whole night whether or not you're gonna get laid.

So, did you? :D

She was a cutie, Zags. Who was she?

WTF?? how is that the story of the night??:rolleyes:

Anyway, I had great time. The music was really good but I really thought it was going to be amazing like Tenaglia or S&D. Maybe my expectations were too high or something was missing in the vibe. Still, I danced a lot got to see most of you guys there.

Where were you all night? Not that i care...i just wanted to see your cute friend...:D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yeah, that always happens when you come w/ a chick and you're wondering the whole night whether or not you're gonna get laid.

So, did you? :D

She was a cutie, Zags. Who was she?

:laugh: :laugh:

She's a friend that came to DC for the weekend. She returned home yesterday. :(

:laugh: :laugh:

She's a friend that came to DC for the weekend. She returned home yesterday. :(

well, in a away its good that she left back home, & that you wlaked around Buzz on Friday and didnt stay in front of the dj booth area all night, if not she wouldve seen some weird stuff going on, like shady breakdancing, nautilus plastered, and me sober as always :rolleyes: .... we probably made a good impression on her on Friday, did we....I mean we did, didnt we?

well, in a away its good that she left back home, & that you wlaked around Buzz on Friday and didnt stay in front of the dj booth area all night, if not she wouldve seen some weird stuff going on, like shady breakdancing, nautilus plastered, and me sober as always :rolleyes: .... we probably made a good impression on her on Friday, did we....I mean we did, didnt we?

Wait? Are you were serious about Shady breakdancing?? DAMN! I missed that! Why do you think I wasn't around by the DJ booth? I didnt want her to think that I hang out with a bunch or crack heads. ;)

Wait? Are you were serious about Shady breakdancing?? DAMN! I missed that! Why do you think I wasn't around by the DJ booth? I didnt want her to think that I hang out with a bunch or crack heads. ;)

yeah, i totally understand, if any of my hot chick freinds ever came around, the last peopel i would want her to see me with is you losers :D

Originally posted by roycehaven

Lawler started really tribal as usal and peeked a little early then went back down..... Porter hit off w/ enegry right away.

It was nice meeting you Dee, & your other freinds sorry I forgot their names.

it was nice meeting you too, we knew mutual friends like Siddiq! I saw you again at GLOW the next night! Keep in touch

Thanks Shady for the hook up!;)

long bathroom lines damn it!

Great hanging out with Kuro as well..

I bumped in to Crank a few times and Nautilus and Tinybutterfli

CD

BREAKING NEWS: Club Planet guy actually lands cute chick! :laugh:

I thought Lawler was great - best set I've heard out of him yet! I hear he is a bit of a primadonna, though. Apparently he had Buzz black out the window in VIP so nobody could watch him spin. WTF?

Anyway - I thoroughly enjoyed myself and met lots of cool new people - of course I'll never remember their names! I also got to see Saeed and I was wearing the addictive records t-shirt he gave me! *beam* He was there with his cutie girlfriend. :(

Cocomama - it was great getting to see you again! I'm so bummed we missed each other May 10th!

I though Lawler set was great, he had me dancing for a while, until i got too comfy on the leopard print couch.

Always a pleasure running into the cp crew I know and getting to know more of you...thanks shady.

Malanee since I missed you on the 10th we'll have to make up for it, i mean 30 is a big year, no reason not to celebrate it all year long.

Thanks to Chyna...its always fun hanging with ya!

Originally posted by cocomama

I though Lawler set was great, he had me dancing for a while, until i got too comfy on the leopard print couch.

Always a pleasure running into the cp crew I know and getting to know more of you...thanks shady.

Malanee since I missed you on the 10th we'll have to make up for it, i mean 30 is a big year, no reason not to celebrate it all year long.

Thanks to Chyna...its always fun hanging with ya!

hey miss travel diva....----->Ibiza(Ibitha) is awaiting us...

much love

oh and shady-->ur one funny character!

CD

tsk, tsk..why cant the Spanish speak Spanish properly? :rolleyes:

You mean the way they say their C's and Z's with a TH? I love it, esp in the men, i find it very sexy.

Anyways didn't spanish originate from them, wasnt it us latinos that changed it up along the way?

You mean the way they say their C's and Z's with a TH? I love it, esp in the men, i find it very sexy.

Anyways didn't spanish originate from them, wasnt it us latinos that changed it up along the way?

yep... Castellano is the original Spanish. I always butcher my spanish when I speak it. Vic asks me something in spanish and I answer him in English ;) I need to practice it more.

I'm with you Coco - I love the accent!

when i was still living in Mexico I had this theory that I would get more action if I put a fake spanish (from spain) accent when I talked and said "vos" and stuff like that...much to my surprise it worked

i guees the next step to further this very intersting area of social and behavioral resarch is to see which fake accent gets me the most action...spanish? argentinian? chilean? mexican-norteno (like zag)? mexican-from the Fedral District? panamanian? cuban? puerto rican?