Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP's secret!

Now i realized how jp plays all night without getting tired...he just plays alicia keys "womens worth" and loops it for and hour and half, and what the fuck was up with "going through it" ?? i never heard a buildup for 30 minutes lead up to NOTHING.. shit just play the fucken song, pots and pans all night, felt like i was in the jungle. What a dj, wow!!!

but when he's on he's on, and probably makes up for nights like this one... I am glad I decided not to go cause my brother went and said the same thing- that he played like four songs total all night! He came to my shore house at like 5 pm Sunday and said that Jonathan was probably STILL playing going through it.

Haha that's funny I've heard him do the same thing a few times, playing songs for 40-60 minutes.

The last few I've been there, there has been far more filler music than in the past, which is why I'm not as excited to go anymore. I dunno if he's just having a bad stretch, or it's just laziness, or his tastes are changing or what.

I've heard him have some amazing 5-6 hour stretches in the past where he was absolutely flawless, and it just seems that you don't see that anymore. It's too bad. :blank:

i agree for the most part with everyone's comments, but he doesnt simply set a loop and let it run....he uses acapellas, dubs, and the original track to work it to the beginning, use just the acc, and etc....although, at times he gets out of hand....working a track for 20 min is ok in my book, but 40 min? waaaay too long

BG

Thats the whole problem with Jonathan, half of the time he is so off and sometimes he is dead on crazy. What the fuck is up with that? If I were a dj, I'd always play my best and save up some bombs for special nights but its so hit or miss at the Sound Factory these days that its not even worth going anymore.

Put down the crystal, wake up and hear the music!

Havent been to SF in some time. I remember when "my love is your love" came out he rocked that for hours... :blown: One night at like 9 am he rocked "zombe nation" 3x back 2 back. I allways chilled by Cleaveland. That was a dance floor with fealing!

Originally posted by djsrox

Havent been to SF in some time. I remember when "my love is your love" came out he rocked that for hours... :blown: One night at like 9 am he rocked "zombe nation" 3x back 2 back. I allways chilled by Cleaveland. That was a dance floor with fealing!

cleveland got skillz.... too bad ya gotta pay $35 or $40 to hear him... he should get outta there and start his own party...