Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking for peeps to party with.

djmtec

What's up people of the planet. I am looking for people to go out to the clubs with. My friends aren't really into the EDM scene as much as I am. I want to go a lot more, but my friends I think are done with the clubs. They just want to sit home and drink, or go to a local hole in the wall. Although, I am more of a wanderer then dancer at the clubs, I love the music and the people. If anyone is looking for someone to go with, or people looking for more people, or anyone wanting to get a group of people together. This would be the place to say so. I live in Rockville MD. I am not far from DC, or NOVA.

I think we were all there with our friends not being into the scene and all...i know i was. And thats how we ended up here on our little planet, LOL. Anyway, welcome to the board and enjoy your stay:D There are always meet up going on every weekend @Buzz. This thursday though it looks like lots of people are gonna be at Modern in Georgetown - its a good oppty to come out and meet each other since it is a lounge and we can actually talk to each other. Hope to see you there.

Originally posted by pluryou

I'm always looking for new frinds 2. Hope to see everyone at Nation's Friday. I believe I will actually meet some of you there. I hope. I've tried so many times and failed. LOL. :) What is Modern like.

sorry i can't help you, I already have too many friends, actually I'm trying to get rid of a few. Hey wait maybe I could give you some of mine, I'm sick of a few of them......

I'm always looking for new frinds 2. Hope to see everyone at Nation's Friday. I believe I will actually meet some of you there. I hope. I've tried so many times and failed. LOL. :) What is Modern like.

meetup is 1am hallway to the bathrooms of the mainroom.

if your there before then, chances are youll find us in front of the dj booth, in front of one of the subwoofers, except nautilus and shady, by 1 am, theyre humping the dj's leg

I love meeting new people but the thing is now I plan to stop going to the clubs as much as I do. So, that sux. I've been meeting so many cool people and their all clubbers. I also have the problem of having a lot of freinds but I like it. It's just hard to stay in touch. I can't win. LOL. This Fri might be the last for awhile. Well, I may go and not... :( I'm not sure. Do any of you know Beaker the Tweaker?

Modern is a lounge in Georgetown. Here's what Washington Post has to say: http://eg.washingtonpost.com/profile/792058/?&flavor_id=5&context=bars_nightlife

Buster will be there with his congo playing compradre and it is sure to be a most excellent night. Modern is a little upscale - but not snobbish. I always have a good time when I go!

Hey there everyone who responded to my post. Thanks for the welcome. I will try to make it to Modern on Thursday after I gett off of class. Sorry it took so long to reply to my own post, but my computer doesn't seem really talkative with clubplanet today. Once my computer decides to make up with clubplanet and be more friendly, I wanna learn how to get all the spice added to my posts.

Anyone here DJ? I have been for like 6 months, and it would be cool to DJ with someone expereinced or new. I am into Trance Progressive, and some hard house as far as me spinning goes. As far as what I like to listen to, there is no limit. If it is well produced, music, and mixed well then I like it.

And remember, you can scratch your records, but you cann't scratch mine.

Will the FBI search their archives, to find out who's finger prints are on my new records?

Originally posted by djmtec

What's up people of the planet. I am looking for people to go out to the clubs with. My friends aren't really into the EDM scene as much as I am. I want to go a lot more, but my friends I think are done with the clubs. They just want to sit home and drink, or go to a local hole in the wall. Although, I am more of a wanderer then dancer at the clubs, I love the music and the people. If anyone is looking for someone to go with, or people looking for more people, or anyone wanting to get a group of people together. This would be the place to say so. I live in Rockville MD. I am not far from DC, or NOVA.

uhh, for some reason guys, this sounds like the girl that i tried to go to boo with. I really hope it isnt!! but w..w..welcome to the board:idea:

OK, if modern has a dress code, and it's not set in stone, then tell me what kind of dress code they are looking for?

NOt sure what the dress code is on THursdays, but I don't think its super stringent. Just the usual I guess - slacks, shoes (anything but sneakers will go I believe), nice t-shirt...

Buster...you can probably help us on this one since you will be DJing.. :D

In response to spinsaikel, I can guarantee you I am not that girl. Since I am Male.

thats cool, when spinsaikel started posting he didnt have anything in his genedr category, shady thought spinnsaikel was a girl and started hitting on him/her, later on shady met spinsaikel and wuz, "WTF?!"

a few people here spin,not i, but off the top of my head i know that 5 on the board spin, at various levels, and there some lurkers onthe board that we know that also spin.

There are a couple of novices on this board - I've been spinning since November. Kuro is getting pretty good - I think he's been spinning for a year now. Buster has been spinning forever and is incredible.

Hope to see you tonight! As long as you don't look like a slob - you shouldn't have a problem getting into Modern...

If anyone was looking forward to seeing a new face, I know I was. Sorry. Apparently a friend of mine, had the day off, and had nothing to do, so he spent the whole day at the bar. Well, he spent all of his money there as well. As a good friend, I picked him up after school and brought him home. When he apologized to me about 2 times a minute for the 20 minute ride home. I just told him it is ok because he is gonna have one nasty hangover tommorow. I left a note for him pinned on his shirt. Says "This hang over courtesy of your friend Matt!"

Well since it has been confirmed that there are other DJs out there on Club Planet. If any of you wanna hang out and spin ecspecially the amatuers like myself. It would be helpful to spin with other people to get instant critiquing, and also to see what other people are doing. This could help to improve. I dont plan on being the next big thing in DJing. I want to get to the point where I can play in some local clubs, even if for free, just for the bragging rights to say I did it. At the same time, I want all the people there to be dancing to one of my best sets ever.

Originally posted by malanee

There are a couple of novices on this board - I've been spinning since November. Kuro is getting pretty good - I think he's been spinning for a year now. Buster has been spinning forever and is incredible.

Hope to see you tonight! As long as you don't look like a slob - you shouldn't have a problem getting into Modern...

The turned me away at the door. I'm never going to modern again! I wouldve probably had a terrible time anyway.

What is up with turning people away at the door? Did the bouncer even say why he didn't let you in? What kind of people were they letting in?

don't listen to sopha! they did not turn him away at the door LOL i have pictures of him INSIDE Modern :tongue: