Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sasha - air drawn dagger

Nolimit

Following in the footsteps of Paul Oakenfold, who recently confirmed details of his debut artist album, Sasha is ready to unleash his new work.

His debut album ‘Airdrawndagger’ will hit the shelves through BMG on August 5, and is described as ‘a 69-minute symphony that sounds as wistfully enchanting doing the hoovering at home as it does reaching for the lasers on Saturday night.’

Speaking about the album, Sasha said: “Recording this album is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. The people I’ve worked with, like Tom from Junkie XL and Charlie May, I feel like my learning curve has gone through the roof. I feel as if I’ve been at university for the last year! I’m a bit of a perfectionist, but it has been worth all the time.â€

Unlike albums from many other DJs turned producers, ‘Airdrawndagger’ doesn’t include any collaborations with pop or rock stars.

“I haven't felt the need to have any massive collaborations with guest singers and other artists on this album – it’s an album that’s true to me and true to all the people who have heard me DJ or bought my mix albums over the years. This album is for them,†he said.

Sasha began his production career working on proggy house tunes for Deconstruction, but has always talked about recording a proper artist album.

Previous tracks like ‘Xpander’, and his collaborations with BT (2 Phat C**ts’ ‘Ride’) and Darren Emerson (‘Scorchio’), have hinted at his potential, but he has never maintained a consistent production output.

*courtesy of some brit mag*