Clubplanet Nightlife Community

David Blaine's Watch Trick

Did anyone else see this last night? That was by far the best illusion, or magic I have ever seen performed.

For those that didn't see it, David took a wrist watch off a random ladies arm and while talking to her, he somehow got the watch into a display case of a store that they were standing next to. The Store was locked, and all you could see was the watches through the glass. Her watch (which he took off her wrist 10 seconds before) was the centerpiece of the display. He then proceded to place a piece of cloth over the glass and his hand mysteriously reached through the glass and he took the watch back. The extras then felt the glass to prove that it in fact was back to its normal state.

Either those extras they found off the streets were good actors and were paid big bucks, or this guy has some serious talent.

yeah i saw that also.. i was so mad because i was trying to keep my eye on her watch because mentioned something about looking at her wristwatch, but the next thing i know, it was gone. he is definitely quick with that sleight of hand.. how he placed the watch inside the locked store, i dont know.. but it pretty much (like most of his other tricks) defies the laws of physics..

Originally posted by chrishaolin

another great trick he pulled last night was when he took the empty crushed beer can and changed it into an unopened can of beer.. wtf?! they need to run some tests on this guy cause hes not normal

I watched that show last night! I think that he's amazing! My favorite was the watch trick! :D

his tricks are definitely amazing but im somewhat of a pessimist when it comes to magic bc usually its nothing "magical" - its just sleight of hand and misdirection. i would have to see some of his tricks performed live because i think alot of his tricks involve camera angles and video editing.

Originally posted by slyonspromos

If you have ever seen the special on david blaine on the discovery channel you know that the sickest trick he does is his levitation trick how he levitates i dunno.

that is probably one of his easiest tricks he does. he gets far enough away from you and then he stands on the tips of his toes. but from a distance it looks like he is levitating. and then he pretends like he is passing out to add to the trick.