Clubplanet Nightlife Community

philly clubs

Originally posted by babylov143

See what i mean !!! lol

the Rude behavior it never ends!!

you come into a board and talk shit about the people who live there - what kind of attitude do you expect to receive in return? what reason have you given us to welcome you with open arms? you get what you put out. maybe youll think a little more before you open your mouth and start spewing.

Originally posted by nifer

you come into a board and talk shit about the people who live there - what kind of attitude do you expect to receive in return? what reason have you given us to welcome you with open arms? you get what you put out. maybe youll think a little more before you open your mouth and start spewing.

go on with your bad self! i've never met such a sensitive new yorker

Originally posted by nifer

haha

your absense will be deeply felt

:nopity:

actually, she posted there today, so she is lying to us. and she is not in ny:according to "location" under her avatar, she is jersey. and that is NOTHING to brag about.

Originally posted by gumbo

actually, she posted there today, so she is lying to us. and she is not in ny:according to "location" under her avatar, she is jersey. and that is NOTHING to brag about.

perhaps thats why shes so sensitive. must have been the jersey comment i made before...

:confused:

okay first of all.. i said at the begining of my statement "not to offend anyone" meaning i was'nt trying to offend anyone just relaying an experience..

and secondly.. Staten Island , NY is where i live and have lived all my life , not jersey!! so sorry but your wrong, and immature, i did'nt realize i could'nt come here and tell you guys my experience in your town without hurting your feelings, if you wrote that you had experienced some nasty ppl in NY i would'nt question you and shower you with rude comments about how it was prob. you that made them be rude.. lol your defense for your entire town is honorable but to a point ridiculous.

I've been to Deco Lounge, Egypt, Milk Bar, Evolutions, Shampoo,and Polyesthers and have had a pretty good time each time. It's pretty rough going down there during the summer because everyone's at the shore. People are rude everywhere....it is what it is, fuck 'em.

i also have been to many philly clubs (fluid, soma, filos, aqualounge, etc) and have never encountered the volume of rude people you claim to have come across this weekend. i doubt rudeness is a thing exclusive to philly - there are assholes everywhere.

as for the "rudeness" of the people on this board. well what do you expect them to do? you give out negative energy by bitching and moaning. you would receive the same reaction if you came to any other board and did the same thing.

furthermore, it was memorial day weekend. a large number of people went to the the jersey shore. it's only 45minutes away. most americans living on coastal areas celebrate the unofficial beginning of the summer by going to the beach.

okay i give up.. i really don't care whether philly people are nastier then new yorkers or visa versa. and i'm sure u guys are not the ppl i'm talking about, but what i would like to know, is where did you guys get the idea that i live in Jersey??? that's what confuses me!! what board are you talking about?? the only other board i post on is E X P E R I E N C E N Y C . C O M

Originally posted by babylov143

but what i would like to know, is where did you guys get the idea that i live in Jersey???

the comment was not directed at you but at chine 1. she said she is going to stay in NY when actually she is in NJ. and she said that she no longer posts on the M A N E O board but she did yesterday.

:) its a message board and people are just having fun

Babylov,

Let me help you out here a little. I am from philly but consider myself a mutant, because I actually come up to the city to go out more then I even do down here. However, I know both cities nightlifes equally well, have DJ'd at major venues here and in nyc, and can give you a kind of unbiased opinion.

You are absolutely 100% right about philly. The scene here was actually fairly decent about 5 years ago, but the last few years have seen a string of poorly promoted parties literally destroy the scene.

Yes, the people here are twice as rude, on average, then new yorkers, thats just philly. It's kinda like that little loud yapping dog thing. Not just girls, but people in general here no nothing about music, and go out basically to get fukd up and to hear hip-hop and music they hear on the radio.

There is a lot of amazing talent in Philly though, it's really a shame. Robbie Tronco, Dozia, Randall Jones, Josh Wink, etc... The talent here is baffling, yet there is no where for all these dj's to play.

Besides that, stay in new york! LOL Philly needs to settle down and rethink itself...

P.S. yes i know they drive slow here, I got used to driving in nyc and I piss everyone off here...hehe.. and get this, taxi drivers here will NOT CUT YOU OFF!!! What a concept!! HAAAA

Originally posted by housemusic4evr

Babylov,

Let me help you out here a little. I am from philly but consider myself a mutant, because I actually come up to the city to go out more then I even do down here. However, I know both cities nightlifes equally well, have DJ'd at major venues here and in nyc, and can give you a kind of unbiased opinion.

You are absolutely 100% right about philly. The scene here was actually fairly decent about 5 years ago, but the last few years have seen a string of poorly promoted parties literally destroy the scene.

Yes, the people here are twice as rude, on average, then new yorkers, thats just philly. It's kinda like that little loud yapping dog thing. Not just girls, but people in general here no nothing about music, and go out basically to get fukd up and to hear hip-hop and music they hear on the radio.

There is a lot of amazing talent in Philly though, it's really a shame. Robbie Tronco, Dozia, Randall Jones, Josh Wink, etc... The talent here is baffling, yet there is no where for all these dj's to play.

Besides that, stay in new york! LOL Philly needs to settle down and rethink itself...

P.S. yes i know they drive slow here, I got used to driving in nyc and I piss everyone off here...hehe.. and get this, taxi drivers here will NOT CUT YOU OFF!!! What a concept!! HAAAA

i too have spun at various philly and NYC venues...

clueless people are everywhere. you can say the same thing about the NYC scene - they just like that progressive trancey euro shite and go out to get fucked up.

there are places for the DJs you mentioned above to spin at. just because it isnt a hugeass club that attracts juiceheads and jersey-ites (ie shampoo, transit, anywhere on DE ave) doesn't mean its a venue not worth playing at.

the scene is what you make it. for those of you who dont like it either stay out, or get off your respective asses and do something about it.

Originally posted by housemusic4evr

There is a lot of amazing talent in Philly though, it's really a shame. Robbie Tronco, Dozia, Randall Jones, Josh Wink, etc...

the "etc" would include Matt Kling and Adam Freemer ;)

Fuck it Monday's 21st and South. City Paper's acclaimed 'new institution' Do NOT SLEEP.....

Tonight at Fuck IT....

Residents night w/ Special guest SDF.3 from houston texas.

also FREE shot giveaways.

cover $3 +pitchers $5 + free shots = drunken mayhem.

Fuck it is located at Atlas on the N.E. corner of 21st and south. 21 and up w/ id. from 9-2 every monday. heres a site.... http://mercury.ccil.org/~dmiller/fuckitmondays/

Originally posted by djmonicas

Fuck it Monday's 21st and South. City Paper's acclaimed 'new institution' Do NOT SLEEP.....

Tonight at Fuck IT....

Residents night w/ Special guest SDF.3 from houston texas.

also FREE shot giveaways.

cover $3 +pitchers $5 + free shots = drunken mayhem.

Fuck it is located at Atlas on the N.E. corner of 21st and south. 21 and up w/ id. from 9-2 every monday. heres a site.... http://mercury.ccil.org/~dmiller/fuckitmondays/

uhhh... and this spam adds to the discussion how?

Originally posted by gumbo

spoken like a true new yorker. you don't know s*$@ about water ice. get a clue!

You got that right ass hair, a true new yorker indeed. Shit, sucks I don't know about "water Ice"....I think my life has changed forever. (sigh) oh what to doooooo.........

Originally posted by asbrasileiras

You got that right ass hair, a true new yorker indeed. Shit, sucks I don't know about "water Ice"....I think my life has changed forever. (sigh) oh what to doooooo.........

Is ass hair the best you could do? i am disappointed in your representation of new yorkers, especially since the water ice comment was a joke. get over it