Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What will Crobar be like?

Talking to a few people from Chicago and a hardcore clubber I recently met, they all said Crobar in Chicago is for tourists!!!

So, what should we expect - another webster hall?

Is it going to be mainstream pop crap spun by skribbles type dj for that thirty something crowd that likes to dance and drink martinis?

or maybe cheesy hard house?

Just because it is opening across from twilo doesnt mean it will be another twilo - What does everyone think it will be like?

Originally posted by crobra

Talking to a few people from Chicago and a hardcore clubber I recently met, they all said Crobar in Chicago is for tourists!!!

So, what should we expect - another webster hall?

Is it going to be mainstream pop crap spun by skribbles type dj for that thirty something crowd that likes to dance and drink martinis?

or maybe cheesy hard house?

Just because it is opening across from twilo doesnt mean it will be another twilo - What does everyone think it will be like?

I don't think anyone expects it to be another Twilo. Twilo was Twilo. The Crobar I'm familiar with is the one in Miami. The sound system is incredible, the venue is great and they bring in top talent, like Carl Cox, Sander Kleinenberg, Victor Calderone, Eric Morillo and the list goes on and on. I would bet they will be doing the same here in New York. :cool:

im a reg @ crobar chicago, its similar to SF/Tunnel. Lots of drugs, esp on a sat. Music varies Fri is decent talent, timo mass,cox and such. Sat 2 residents, psycho bitch & teri bristol. Its techno/tech house/hard house/trance mix.

Venuue is the best in chicago, same with lights/sound.

As far as tourists, no there isnt that many. Its pretty tight vibe esp sat when most ppl are wacked out of their minds or when big name headliner comes to town.

Originally posted by £ddie

I don't think anyone expects it to be another Twilo. Twilo was Twilo. The Crobar I'm familiar with is the one in Miami. The sound system is incredible, the venue is great and they bring in top talent, like Carl Cox, Sander Kleinenberg, Victor Calderone, Eric Morillo and the list goes on and on. I would bet they will be doing the same here in New York. :cool:

same experience here.. i went there last year had an amazing time.. don't really remember much but the women were beautiful... lighting was definitely kewl.. my friend from chicago validates diesel's view.. i dunno why ppl are pessimistic bout it.. obviously they're management is better than exit's (who they'll prolly run out of business within a few months after opening). i need a place to call home and i really hope it delivers. we'll never know till it's here, but is wishful thinking wrong?

Originally posted by crxtacy

same experience here.. i went there last year had an amazing time.. don't really remember much but the women were beautiful... lighting was definitely kewl.. my friend from chicago validates diesel's view.. i dunno why ppl are pessimistic bout it.. obviously they're management is better than exit's (who they'll prolly run out of business within a few months after opening). i need a place to call home and i really hope it delivers. we'll never know till it's here, but is wishful thinking wrong?

i would love to see crobar cause exit to close. it would be some sort of redemption for all the times they have overcharged and tried to rape you to get inside.

even if it is not like Twilo (which is impossible) change is good for New York right now.

Originally posted by hotcheme

i would love to see crobar cause exit to close. it would be some sort of redemption for all the times they have overcharged and tried to rape you to get inside.

god no!!! that would mean the draperheads would start invading other clubs. :blown: i'll pray exit stays alive if only to contain the draperheads.

Originally posted by asianvixen

god no!!! that would mean the draperheads would start invading other clubs. :blown: i'll pray exit stays alive if only to contain the draperheads.

hmmm, good point. i gues it does have a purpose. crobar will just have to get the good djs in place of exit so i have no reason to go there.