Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Skribble @ CPI's

skribble deserves more respect then he actually gets now u shouldnt judge him base on the facts that he plays all those commercial trax on his mtv shows check him out at arena (palladium) in new rochelle i belive he will be playing there on the 15th he was sick the last time he played some filthy tribal/tech

sg

Originally posted by cpiwinnah

Ojeda came on at 3 and was ridiculous....He played Treat Me Right for like 45 minutes....tore apart Love at First Sight....and then the place went nuts when he played Love is in The Air....it was amazing....and just when you think he can't get any better....he starts to play KOT "Finally" and mixes it right into Oris Jay's "Trippin".....

First of all I can't even believe this thread is still going on!!! Anyway... see this is all I needed to hear, was someone say "No wait, you heard WRONG, Ojeda DID play that night." The impression I got was that Scribble played the whole night and Ojeda didn't play at all, and that confused me cause Ojeda was advertised to be spinning as well that night. So that makes me happy that the rumor was NOT true. And for whoever wrote, "don't believe all that you hear" back on page one, why don't you take a look at my post again cause I said "I can only say I HEARD..."

I know how fast rumors spread and that was basically the reason for my original post- I was waiting for someone to clear that up for me. I don't have anything really all that BAD to say about Scribble, but I did have a few negative feelings IF (and only IF) I heard that that rumor was true. Which it is not, so now I have nothing bad to say about Scribble. I even met him once and he was actually a very funny guy. And you guys are right, you can't hate on someone just cause they went commercial, I mean more power to him that he has all that success on MTV. I just choose not to listen to him all that much cause he plays a lot of (I'll use this word again) COMMERCIAL music, through no fault (or desire probably) of his own. Now OJEDA, on the other hand... :D wow do I wish I could have heard THAT set...

alright now when the fuck is this thread getting moved to the drama board?

Originally posted by StArBrYte

First of all I can't even believe this thread is still going on!!! Anyway... see this is all I needed to hear, was someone say "No wait, you heard WRONG, Ojeda DID play that night." The impression I got was that Scribble played the whole night and Ojeda didn't play at all, and that confused me cause Ojeda was advertised to be spinning as well that night. So that makes me happy that the rumor was NOT true. And for whoever wrote, "don't believe all that you hear" back on page one, why don't you take a look at my post again cause I said "I can only say I HEARD..."

I know how fast rumors spread and that was basically the reason for my original post- I was waiting for someone to clear that up for me. I don't have anything really all that BAD to say about Scribble, but I did have a few negative feelings IF (and only IF) I heard that that rumor was true. Which it is not, so now I have nothing bad to say about Scribble. I even met him once and he was actually a very funny guy. And you guys are right, you can't hate on someone just cause they went commercial, I mean more power to him that he has all that success on MTV. I just choose not to listen to him all that much cause he plays a lot of (I'll use this word again) COMMERCIAL music, through no fault (or desire probably) of his own. Now OJEDA, on the other hand... :D wow do I wish I could have heard THAT set...

alright now when the fuck is this thread getting moved to the drama board?

I disagree with your statement in one way. The commercial music part. Before "Skribble's House" came out, I posted the track listing here on CP, and it was quite an exstensive track list. It included "Brand New Day" which everyone was hyping alot, and nobody really had it. "Rapture" by IIO was also in it's young days, and the track was just starting to get big. Also big vocal tracks which became very popular later on, included Cyberslam "Your Heart" and Alexis "My Man". He even threw the DT mix of "I Feel Loved" on there. The measures of commercial music to me are nothing to what Skribble put together on his last CD. But everyone has their limits.

I think you have made some valid points, however I do believe that with Scribble being supported almost primarily by MTV, that they do have a say in what he plays at their events. That is what I am talking about, not the shit he does on his own. To tell you the truth I have only seen him spin a few times in my life, mostly I see him on MTV Spring Break, and all those cheesy shows where he is playing all this commercialized music and it just doesn't do it for me. His independent albums are different, as well as his appearances at different clubs. You know what I can't even go on anymore, I am so scribbled-out from this fucking thread!!!!

Originally posted by cpiwinnah

Skribs was awesome that night....I only heard him play one song I had heard b4....the rest was just sick....

...And I don't know how you could say he lost the crowd...I don't think he lost the crowd....a lot of the people are just weak in the Hamptons...The clubs always seem to start emptying by 3 or 4...but it definitely wasn't his fault....and whoever left at 3 missed the best part of the night....

Ojeda came on at 3 and was ridiculous....He played Treat Me Right for like 45 minutes....tore apart Love at First Sight....and then the place went nuts when he played Love is in The Air....it was amazing....and just when you think he can't get any better....he starts to play KOT "Finally" and mixes it right into Oris Jay's "Trippin".....

I love all the big name dj's too....but when Jason is on....he is as good and most of the time better than any of them can ever be...He loves music, and it shows when he spins....

P.S. and just this passed weekend.....he played a mix of GTI w/Brainbug "Rain" acapella over....Rain is like the best song ever....Keep it up Jason....the summer has been amazing so far....

yeah ppl there need to go to bed early so they can wake up while the sun's still out and get a REAL tan for fucking once :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: