Clubplanet Nightlife Community

scratch

dcsglow

Originally posted by wideskies

blarg, mosquito season has begun

Can I just tell you how much I hate mosquitos? And because I live in a house owned by a slumlord, he refuses to replace the screens - so my house is usually infested with them. And oh yeah, I'm allergic. :(

Guest jroo
Originally posted by malanee

Can I just tell you how much I hate mosquitos? And because I live in a house owned by a slumlord, he refuses to replace the screens - so my house is usually infested with them. And oh yeah, I'm allergic. :(

damn that replacing them yourself idea, that would suck.

Right - so you want to foot the bill of at least 10 custom made screens for a house that I don't even own???

You need to go find yourself a sugar daddy.

I think you have three options on the windows once you've had the screens custom made.

1) Deduct the amount from your rent check.

2) Take them with you when you leave.

3) Sell them when you're ready to move to the landlord, the next tennant or the neighbors. (For a small profit, of course.)

my .02.

Originally posted by nourishment

I think you have three options on the windows once you've had the screens custom made.

1) Deduct the amount from your rent check.

2) Take them with you when you leave.

3) Sell them when you're ready to move to the landlord, the next tennant or the neighbors. (For a small profit, of course.)

my .02.

I like #1 - but I'm not sure it's legal in DC where tenant's rights are a joke. At any rate - I can't afford to front that kind of money! So it'll be me in a turtle neck and sweats hanging out all summer! :(

Guest jroo

4. turn on the air, and sleep with the windows closed. you dont have any screen what so ever? no metal frame or nothing huh? i bet that you didnt ask for them for your bday either, did you? :) im just kidding. and to think i had to take my screen out of my window because the wind was rattling it too hard and waking me up at night.

Originally posted by jroo

4. turn on the air, and sleep with the windows closed. you dont have any screen what so ever? no metal frame or nothing huh? i bet that you didnt ask for them for your bday either, did you? :) im just kidding. and to think i had to take my screen out of my window because the wind was rattling it too hard and waking me up at night.

Well, dumbass, I don't have air except in the bedrooms. So maybe I should just lock my myself in my room all summer? Got any more smart ideas?

Originally posted by jroo

by the way, in your neighborhood you need bars, not screens over your windows.

I do have bars over the windows. I also need bars over the doors. (see story about 3 months ago when a crackhead kicked the door in) However, the historic preservation society feels it is more important to preserve the ghetto than preserve my safety! :tongue:

Well, dumbass, I don't have air except in the bedrooms. So maybe I should just lock my myself in my room all summer?

Depends on whether or not there's lots of interesting stuff going on in your bedroom all summer.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by Kuro

Depends on whether or not there's lots of interesting stuff going on in your bedroom all summer.

right? im sure that you can find something interesting to do in the bedroom all summer. :) give ed's business card to your landlord and tell him that you'll have your lawyer contact him on the matter, that normally works, but hey, you are in dc. your landlord could probably give a rat's ass, anyway, how much do the screens cost? maybe we can start up a fund?

Originally posted by Kuro

Kuro - I can almost guarantee there will nothing interesting going on in my bedroom this summer. :(

Maybe Jenn will let me switch rooms....