Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
ketkat

transplants

Recommended Posts

whats up people......before i posted this i did look to see if this has been discussed....and i couldnt find any, sooo if im wrong blame it on too many long nights:) witht that said , ive lived in dc for about 2 years, i moved here from west palm, and i can honestly say there seemed to be alot more going on in the miami area. warehouse one offs and shit like that. i wanna know , is there life after buzz, because thats all i ever hear people talkin bout. dammit man! i wanna see some crazy wide open, cops bust in people scatterin dont know who has the tables parties. but they dont seem to exist here. id settle for a nice field party, but this whoile nightclub/drug haven thing is gettin kinda old already. i dont mean to be negative and all comments are welcome. for the love of god please telll me someone agrees. have fun and be safe people lol.....oh yeah and everybody say hi to plur you for me....she has done waaaaay to many drugs....so she reads slow. lmaoooooo it takes her a while..she once got lost in buzzs bathrooms for 2 hours. lmaooo...love ya plur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jroo

try moving to the country. places like n.c. and ohio might suit you better. if you havent noticed there are no fields in dc. you could go to rock creak park, but you're on your own with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah in miami there were alot of feilds tooo, and we did it in the swamp often, man im sayin creativity is the key, and i noticed you chose the field to crack on, what about warehouses? i was just wondering. seems like dc has about half a rave culture and the people from buzz regulate it. ok so a promotion company decides when and where we party....cmon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would take it that in your 2 years here youve also noticed that aside from the clubs there are many other differences bewteen West Palm Beach and the DC area.

DC is not Miami, just as Miami is not NY, the same way NY is not London, etc. Unfortunately the big dj's either go to Buzz or go to Glow (if you like trance). Looks like Trust up in B'more is going to start to pick it up real soon.

Dont know how long youve been going out to clubs and stuff, but I've been going out consistently over the past 7 or 8 years, from pure cheese to venues like Twilo, and still have not gotten tired of it, because you just have to take it for what it really is: a place where dj's spin music, you go to dance, and have a good time regardless if other people (or one self) chooses to partake in extra-curricular activities.

So yes, things are different bewteen DC and Miami (I myself lived in Fla. for almost 4 years and made lots of visits to Miami), and I moved to DC from NY, but I still like it here, and no one forced me to move here and I can choose to leave when I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very good.....thanks for the geography lesson, i wasnt saying either place is the same....but i was saying that the whole club scene here reeks and i was hoping for new alternatives in the form of people saying hey what abouyt here have you tried that. but i will take what i am given. yes miami is very different, and i love the tunnel in ny, and buzz is great if youre 18 and love to see a show now and then or the same djs spin regularly. havent been to bmore, but im definitely gonna check that out. and as for differences in places...i just got back from ibiza. and that was another world. and the house dj at club pacha would be picked up in a heart beat by a lable if he was spinning here. probably the best spinning ive ever heard pro or smalltime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U dont know what the hell u want. LOL. Those comments about me are not true. I was trying to tie my shoe..I wasn't lost! Lmaoo :) Everyone ketkat spent the whole weekend with me in a hole not quite a field but we still had fun. Right? Wait... that may not sound right...Dammit..U know what I mean. He still parties..he's just in denial. Hehe. Ketkat your my bestest friend. ;) Crazy but cool. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're a little late. What you're looking for was the scene around here and Baltimore back in the mid90's: warehouse parties, outdoors, and all that stuff. The cops pretty much put an end to that and it all moved into the clubs and got legit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ketkat

buzz is great if youre 18 and love to see a show now and then or the same djs spin regularly.

this is about the only thing I agree with......

besides that warehouse parties and field parties generally are full a bunch of 15 yr. olds all drugged out listening to bad music(usually). Anyways my idea of fun isn't being at place doing mass drugs and then running from the cops when they come......

I could just play a record or cd at my house and have jst as much fun......

just my .7823

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah thats what i was tryin to find out, if there was any other type of fun to be had. i enjoy the club as much as anybody else. but like i said before , there are too many kids comin in there and tryin to sell you anything they can, i thought it was about the music....not about getting approached every 2 minutes.."hey man wanna buy......" maybe im not as cool as i used to be, but id like to find more shit to do,,,and bbq and shit, nah...block parties maybe. but dayummmm just one good one off would make me happy. anybody interested in havin one? lol i think youre right, im just too late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ketkat

yeah thats what i was tryin to find out, if there was any other type of fun to be had. i enjoy the club as much as anybody else. but like i said before , there are too many kids comin in there and tryin to sell you anything they can, i thought it was about the music....not about getting approached every 2 minutes.."hey man wanna buy......" maybe im not as cool as i used to be, but id like to find more shit to do,,,and bbq and shit, nah...block parties maybe. but dayummmm just one good one off would make me happy. anybody interested in havin one? lol i think youre right, im just too late

Hey ketkat - instead of putting down our scene - why don't YOU try and get something started? Or was this your ever so tactful way of doing that? If you want to get people in this area into that type of party - I wouldn't start by insulting their scene.

PLUR? The R does stand for respect, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every once in a while there's an afterparty, after Buzz, at a place called The Warehouse, or something. Definitely shady, and not sure if its legit. Not sure if it happens reguarly either but normally you find out that night at Buzz.

Metatracks throws parties every once in a while - there are also other less known parties. There's still a lot going on...just hard to find through normal channels. Scratchapella knows a lot about this, but I'm not sure if she checks this board often (since she's in Chicago this summer).

Went to Ibiza for the closing parties in 2000 - great, great fun, but is becoming way too commercialized now. Its basically an orgy and drug fest! :D:D:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lemurgene.com

good listing of stuff going on in the area, bar, lounges, clubs, raves, etc.

for block parties, check the citypaper.

btw, most us are way over 18 and still like Buzz regardless of the "bad drugs".....or maybe there are no "bad drugs" and no dj ever spins twice in Ibiza ...I will have to check on that though, or maybe its just me.

anytime you want a geography or social studies lesson just look me up on CP :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know ketkat is seeming to come off alittle harsh but he means well. :) Hey, he hangs around me. Yes, the R is for respect. :) PLUR everyone...expecially u ket. LOL. Thanx everyone for helping my friend ket out. He's really cool. I swear. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by vicman

lemurgene.com

good listing of stuff going on in the area, bar, lounges, clubs, raves, etc.

for block parties, check the citypaper.

btw, most us are way over 18 and still like Buzz regardless of the "bad drugs".....or maybe there are no "bad drugs" and no dj ever spins twice in Ibiza ...I will have to check on that though, or maybe its just me.

anytime you want a geography or social studies lesson just look me up on CP :rolleyes:

#1 There's a nother lemurgene plug.

#2 For the record, "bad drugs" are the ones that don't kick in for an hour, when they do, force you to "nap" on random laps and then wear off immediately after said nap.

#3 I think Oakenfold is the only DJ allowed to spin more than once in Ibiza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pluryou

I know ketkat is seeming to come off alittle harsh but he means well. :) Hey, he hangs around me. Yes, the R is for respect. :) PLUR everyone...expecially u ket. LOL. Thanx everyone for helping my friend ket out. He's really cool. I swear. :)

Harsh? He said our scene "reeks." Has he looked at the Buzz line up lately? How about Trust? Or even 5? This place is alive with not only great local talent but incredible international DJs. If the "scene" isn't to his liking, then perhaps he isn't really about the music.

Personally - the crack heads don't bother me. Heck some of them are my best friends! ;) I'm there for the music. Period. If you can't have a good time with all the incredible talent we've been lucky enough to get in the last year - then somethings wrong.

I mean - all I need is my group of friends, a good DJ, a decent sound system and I'm ready!

Of course, maybe your ever so tactful friend is having a hard time making friends? Just a guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets not start a war here..J/K LOL ket is not having a hard time making friends and does go to Buzz for the bigger DJs. Well, I cant speak for him but lets all be friends. :) He's undecided. I think. Trust me he does not think our seen reeks. Trust me. Its just worded funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

melanee, wow! i just want you to know i love controversy, and a good argument so please keep it up...it seems you are the only one who is offended or chooses to make an issue of my feelings towards the club scene, let it out babe. i hope you feel better afterwards. as for everyone else, thanks for all the great info, maybe if only you would lose some of that hostility you could be of that much more help. i wont apologize for what ive said, becuse ummm. welll because i meant it dammit. lol but maybe i was a little harsh. dc is a bunch of fucking kids screaming rave becase they go to a club called buzz and you can buy drugs there. but there is wonderful talent here, and alot of great talent has come full circle....deep dish for instance....i like dc, and the scene here is fun...but something new....and i think i asked if anyone was interested in putting something together...didnty i? hmmm. but anyway. i would love to hear some feedback on a warehouser, so please feel free. and melanee hot bath and chamomile tea man! ntohin in this world is worth gettin worked up over, not even someone dissin your candy ass scene lmaooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ketkat

melanee, wow! i just want you to know i love controversy, and a good argument so please keep it up...it seems you are the only one who is offended or chooses to make an issue of my feelings towards the club scene, let it out babe. i hope you feel better afterwards. as for everyone else, thanks for all the great info, maybe if only you would lose some of that hostility you could be of that much more help. i wont apologize for what ive said, becuse ummm. welll because i meant it dammit. lol but maybe i was a little harsh. dc is a bunch of fucking kids screaming rave becase they go to a club called buzz and you can buy drugs there. but there is wonderful talent here, and alot of great talent has come full circle....deep dish for instance....i like dc, and the scene here is fun...but something new....and i think i asked if anyone was interested in putting something together...didnty i? hmmm. but anyway. i would love to hear some feedback on a warehouser, so please feel free. and melanee hot bath and chamomile tea man! ntohin in this world is worth gettin worked up over, not even someone dissin your candy ass scene lmaooooo

I wasn't personally offended. I just think you lack tact and find it amusing that you try and foster community and friendship by coming to a place like this and telling people their scene stinks. But, I'm sure you'll have no problems putting together a warehouse party with that magnetic personality of yours!

*quietly sipping her tension tamer tea*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by crank47

Hmmmm, sounds like you won't get an invite to the next "Alex Whalen 10 hour set at Club 1519".... :D

Well - he's definitely not getting into VIP! *lol*

How was your weekend btw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×